Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sroporilshoot

Early Amnesia CBD Single plant Hempy

214 posts in this topic

Day 31 above ground. Like quite a few people I've been fighting with the cold temps. I'm thinking about changing the 400mh to a 600 hps I have as the lights on temps are about 23c  lights off 21.5 - 22.5 ish.  Bit of a scare last night, the electric went off for about 90 mins (wife says longer) anywez temps in the tent went down to 12.8c  but all seemed okay this morning. 

large.temps.JPG 

This cheap weather station with a remote sensor is ideal for monitoring in the tent. 

I'm feeding every other day about 3l each bucket, EC 1.13 and pH 5.8 - 6.1.  There isn't really a lot going on but now they have been topped twice that's it I'm just gonna let em grow.

Last week day 24

large.P1060007.JPG

This morning 09.12.17 31 days above ground.

large.5a2b94b7e4f7d_day31aboveground.JPG

So this week, up the feed a bit, try to keep the  temps stable and try not to think about power cuts lol 

Thanks for dropping by

Cheers

4 people like this

A bit of a quick update.  Yesterday I changed from the 400w mh to a brand new gavita 600w enhanced HPS.  I thought I'd rather be putting the extra 200w on the plants rather than it going out the exhaust. The lamp seems more intense than the 600w ds I used for flowering last time. Anyway the dinafem info says these ladies like the light so away we go.

So anyway I tried a bit of lst, I forgot to mention I lost one of the small side branches when I topped the plant the other day...note to self, keep off the wappa when handling scissors. I'm just finding me feet with the training so any advice will be welcome.  ec is now 1.2, again from the breeder info it's mentioned they like a bit more nutes than usual so I'll push it up slowly this week, but they are looking a real nice colour.

24 hours after lst

large.P1060023.JPG

Cheers and all the best.

4 people like this

The plants are definitely going to benefit from the lumen boost and imo best to flower under the hps (I know you are not in bloom yet) this will most definitely aid in more growth and with the lst performed more light will be hitting those valuable budsites, really nice work  :)

As usual mate thank you for taking the time to update your diary and for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

2 people like this

@Dinafem-Mark  Cheers man.  If I can ask a question. The info on the EACBD says moderate or 'more' than usual nutes. I'm at 1.33 ec with it now Mark, like I say this is my 3rd grow, I'd usually be around this and wouldn't go much above 1.4 ec. What do you reckon ...would you be able to give a percentage extra ec that growers have experienced in the past? eg. say like 10% above what a grower would usually run plants at?  

Cheers 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, sroporilshoot said:

The info on the EACBD says moderate or 'more' than usual nutes. I'm at 1.33 ec with it now Mark, like I say this is my 3rd grow, I'd usually be around this and wouldn't go much above 1.4 ec. What do you reckon ...would you be able to give a percentage extra ec that growers have experienced in the past? eg. say like 10% above what a grower would usually run plants at?  

Early Amnesia is just like amnesia haze where feed is concerned. Very greedy lol

So you are at 1.3ec and I know that early amnesia can go upto 1.8ec with no issue I have seen this pushed past 2.0ec (I would not advice). So a % I would have to say 15% more mate. If at 1.3 and 15% increase this would be 0.195. Giving and ec of 1.495. So you can push it easily to 1.4-1.5ec with no issue at all :)

Let us know how you get on mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

2 people like this

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

So you are at 1.3ec and I know that early amnesia can go upto 1.8ec with no issue I have seen this pushed past 2.0ec (I would not advice). So a % I would have to say 15% more mate. If at 1.3 and 15% increase this would be 0.195. Giving and ec of 1.495. So you can push it easily to 1.4-1.5ec with no issue at all :)

@Dinafem-Mark  Thanks man,  I'll try pushing it up there over the next 2 feeds.....Cheers

1 person likes this

I'm only on my third Grow now myself mate, you'll be surprised just how much you've learned from the previous grows:yep:

interested to see how this turns out, been looking to run some cbd strains now for a while, I was in Amsterdam the weekend and couldn't find any good weed, ended up finding a place and ask the guy for a nice cbd smoke. 

He gave me some choco Kush by Amsterdam Genetics and it really nice with a heavy body high:D

2 people like this

@Crentz  Thanks for looking in man, I like the polm over there, lovely it is.  The first grow I done was with a 50/50 cbd plant, vip seeds torpedo, gotta say it was spot on so that's why I'm trying this. @nohibition has just made a post saying he grew a couple of these EACBD what a surprise the smoke was he was saying.  To be honest with me I always get a bit of an edgy belt with a stong strain,  still smoke it though but if that torpedo was anything to go by I'm better with that CBD in it. 

Your right about learning from previous grows, I don't think I'd be to keen to change method until I was a bit more confident like.  I am thinking next time, still do the hempy's but with coco and the clay balls in the rez. 

This time round I've topped them twice, don't know if it was for the best and I mebs made a mess of it cos I was a bit baked and for some reason when I topped the second time I also topped the side shoots so I don't know how it's gonna turn out. 

Cheers

2 people like this

I'm kinda like that myself mate with strong strains, they mess with my head a little too much:D

Should be ok topping the side shoots man all that means is more colas, I lost count on the amount of times my plants got topped:yes: Just keep on top of the training to try and get a nice even canopy if you can. 

I've made a lot of mistakes this run but we learn a bit more each time:yes:

2 people like this

Well I don't know what the BBC forecast is saying but my forecast is saying sunshine ... Be a bit worrying if it wasn't lol 

large.1.JPG

Day 38 not really a lot to report.  Last night I upped the feed to 1.43 ec, ph has been 5.8 to 6.2. 3.5 lts in each gives me 1lt run off

The plants have been topped twice so now I can't decide whether to let them push up a bit in height and put the net over them or try and train them outwards a bit more then let them go for it...Any suggestions would be well received as I haven't got clue how they're gonna go from here.

I'm thinking I've got the environment sorted  about 20-25c rh 50 ish.    

I can't say I'm seeing the plants 'standing up' praying like? I'm now leaving them in the tent for feeding as it seems to knock em back a bit taking them out.

Last week day 31

large.5a2b94b7e4f7d_day31aboveground.JPG

This morning day 38 above ground

large.2.JPG

Thanks for dropping by any tips or pointers re training from here on would be welcome

Cheers

Edited by sroporilshoot
4 people like this

Can see a bit difference in Just 6 days with the lst training they have bushed out quite a bit mate:yep:

I personally would defoliate a bit now and open up the centre of the plants to a bit more light and air circulation, starting from the outside branches gently bend them outward to spread the plants out a bit more. 

After you you do this it will be easier to see the structure of the plants and what leaves you need to take away, they plants might look like shit after you do it but they will thank you for it in a couple of days:yes:

Mess around with the level of your light to try get them praying, if the light is too low the fan leaves won't need to stand up and search out for the light. 

Over or under watering can cause them to droop also. 

3 people like this

@CrentzGreat stuff man ... I get you about the over/under watering which shouldn't really be a problem with the hempy as long as you don't go over the top, mebs that 600w lamp wants moved up a bit, thinks its @14 inches now, looking at the pic from last week, they were standing up but that was under the 400mh. 

I'll have a go with the lst again and spread them out and have a look at the defoliating, I could be asking you again on the defoliating...cheers.  I'll post a pic when it's done

2 people like this

How are ur root temps doing that tube heater is a waste of electric imo lol been through alot with heating lately and a blanket kicks the ass out of those tube heaters from my experience. Maybe worth a look at :)

Defoliating at this point would be to just take off any large older leaves that are covering any new growth tips. U can also bend and tuck the leaves saving the trimming to a min till flower. :D 

Edited by JamJar
3 people like this

No worries man @sroporilshoot

Just take any leaves that are pointing inwards off, when you spread the plant out a bit you'll see what needs to be taken away. 

Its all to let the plants breathe a bit better and get more light in, don't be afraid to really go for it after about a week it will barely look like you took much away:yep:

Edited by Crentz
3 people like this

Did loads of posts disappear from this thread?

1 person likes this