Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Solly

My first outdoor grow 2017

71 posts in this topic
14 hours ago, BLhaze said:

A fellow builder i presume?! Im a bricky but can turn my hand to pretty much anything.. I agree with you the roof supports are fine to take out - @Solly they are load bearing supports but by the looks of it you have done a pretty decent job supporting the roof with your stud wall beams.. You have practically supported it tenfold more than the original support beams.. If i was to do it the only thing i would do to be 100% is where your original supports go into your "room" put a horizontal piece of wood along the outside of your stood wall, cut the support beam and attach it to that.. If that makes sense to you? 

Cheers for stopping by BLhaze, I think I know what youre saying. Will definitely consider both yours and Spliffmans suggestions. Cheers :yep:

@Solly "..using an extractor with filter."
If you're gonna rock out with your cock out in the garden who gives a hoot about smells!
Only kidding, safety first n all that. Thanks for the thread it had me in tears seeing your garden, absolutely amazing stuff! If we were all pioneers like you the coppers wouldn't know what to do. All the best, hope you harvest it asap cos I feel nervous for you! :)

2 people like this

On 10/18/2017 at 11:06 PM, Porko said:

@Solly "..using an extractor with filter."
If you're gonna rock out with your cock out in the garden who gives a hoot about smells!
Only kidding, safety first n all that. Thanks for the thread it had me in tears seeing your garden, absolutely amazing stuff! If we were all pioneers like you the coppers wouldn't know what to do. All the best, hope you harvest it asap cos I feel nervous for you! :)

Cheers mate, I started the chop yesterday cos we have had non stop rain since yesterday and it is gonna continue over the weekend. Already got bits of mold popping up so I decided to cut early. So far I have managed to do one of them. Jesus it takes bloody ages doesnt it? almost six hours for one plant lol. At first I was excited and tnought aah this isnt so bad and then by the end of it I was like damn it I cant do this anymore. Its daunting thinking about the others I have to get through. About the smells, I have it covered. Hooked up a fan and filter and its doing a great job. zero odour. Need to get them done through this weekend.

2 people like this

Havn't managed to finish the room yet. Only got as far as insulating. Just the plasterboarding left to do but that will be done after the harvest is dried which is my priority right now. The buds in the pic are of Dinafems deep cheese. It really stinks to high heaven and are quite dense although there are some lower airy bud. I think I did alright though. Hope I have enough room to dry it all. Not even a full plant you see there. Pic was taken half way through the 1st plant. I'll update more pics as i go.. 

Good luck with your endeavours guys

Sol

1 person likes this

Wanted to ask a bit of advice, As its been raining hard here, my buds are soaking wet. Is it okay to use a dehumidifier in the room to reduce the chances of mold spreadind? Only thing is It heats up the room. I went in there and it was really warm. I remember reading somewhere not to dry too fast and there was an ideal temperature which I cant remember.

2 people like this

Crack on with the dehumidifier, use it for the first few days non stop then just use it when needed until the plants are dry. 

Is your extraction going outside? If not that'll help as well. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, beezee said:

Crack on with the dehumidifier, use it for the first few days non stop then just use it when needed until the plants are dry. 

Is your extraction going outside? If not that'll help as well. 

Cheers,  I'll do that.  Yes my extraction is going outside :yep:

3 people like this

May have misunderstood but be very wary of bringing rain wet bud into the dry room, especially if the room is warm. Ideal environment for mould. I know at this time of year it's difficult as it's raining everyday haha. Just have to pick the best moments.

Dry room looks neat man and deep cheese looks tasty as. Good luck bro.

Edited by james1612

well i dont know about anyone else ......  but im DEFINATLY  looking forward to finding out the final weight on  that jungle lol

1 person likes this

@Solly. If ya haven't already give it a good shake to get most of the rain off!  Maybe have a fan blowing on them for 24 hours to rid of any moisture clinging to the buds and leaves! Does anyone else think the fan will help coz i don't want to give the wrong advice! :hippy: