Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Celebrity line-up confirmed for new ITV series Gone To Pot

151 posts in this topic

uuurrghhh...  just saw a clip from an interview with birds of a feather lass and baggins, saying street weed/skunk in the uk is dangerous because its "mixed with stuff".  They say its safe if its grown in a greenhouse by scientists.

Puts me off watching the rest of the series because they haven't learned much.

7 people like this

24 minutes ago, Porko said:

uuurrghhh...  just saw a clip from an interview with birds of a feather lass and baggins, saying street weed/skunk in the uk is dangerous because its "mixed with stuff".  They say its safe if its grown in a greenhouse by scientists.

Tbh there was a lot of shit put into weed a while back, they are just catching up perhaps, remember they didn`t have a clue before this 

Just watched the first one and I must say I`m pleasantly surprised 

7 people like this

The trouble is, shows such as this are part of the propaganda program made to precede forthcoming legislation but will be strictly controlled, monsanto/government, genetically marked weed with lower level THC and higher level CBD that will be licensed growing only and won't benefit us in the long term...the money men want in but they need to shift the focus from the propaganda they've dished out previously so are paving the way :yep:

13 people like this

I enjoyed watching it. I specially liked to see the inside of the 'dispensary' and all the clones for sale.

I've found in my life that there are people who will get on OK with cannabis and then there's some you know shouldn't try it. Usually it's highly strung, nervous or fearful people. I see that Fashanu character as one of those. It'll be interesting to see if he gets stoned and how he reacts

Edited by bearukc
sp.
4 people like this

12 hours ago, catfish said:

i hope you take the piss out of them whenever they mention it .

A little bit of light rib tickling is all I can do as I am like a sitting duck, I am of the opinion that Celine Dion is an amazing singer lol 

I sky+ it last night and it seemed alright, made me laugh when Bobby had the giggles and its good to see the whole culture thing on primetime TV, that hotel they stayed in looked really nice (I do like a luxury hotel). I have fancied visiting California for ages now and am definitely going to visit not just for the weed but as much for the counterculture movement that started there

I dont understand how people wouldnt want to watch a show like this just to see the culture and legalised weed, whats happening is historic

Its coming to the UK, its without doubt. It wasnt that long ago on these boards people were saying you cant legalise Cannabis as it isnt illegal lol arguing semantics

I notice the people with those opinions arent posting in this thread, its fine to be wrong its how you grow and develop

11 people like this

24 minutes ago, botanics said:

The trouble is, shows such as this are part of the propaganda program made to precede forthcoming legislation but will be strictly controlled, monsanto/government, genetically marked weed with lower level THC and higher level CBD that will be licensed growing only and won't benefit us in the long term...the money men want in but they need to shift the focus from the propaganda they've dished out previously so are paving the way :yep:

I agree to an extent but if they are going to follow the US style and their weed certainly isn`t weak, and tbh it wont stop people growing their own,the law hasn`t up till now

5 people like this

It'll be the usual 'British way' of doing things @ratdog Heavy regulation, licenses that cost an arm and a leg and only for the money men lobbyists who wish to clean up with brown envelopes and nudges and winks...the Americans have a constitution, a format by which their nation and people is constructed around, we have no such thing here and what 'rights' we enjoy are strictly governed via security and intelligence services...justice in this country is merely a sham in order to pacify the masses, same for the voting mate.

I'm a cynical fucker though and distrust anything and everything that comes from the machine as it's not produced to serve my interests above those within that machine ;)

13 people like this

I wasn't going to watch it @Davey Jones because I dont watch tv & it sounded like some particularly annoying shite, on ITV,  with people that I dislike in it.

Now that I have heard that there is some interesting material there I am have changed my mind.

In the words of Paxo "only an idiot watches a tv programme because it might be good, because the chances are that it is not.  I only watch a tv programme when I know that it is good"

1 hour ago, Porko said:

Around here the weed that street dealers sell is more often adulterated than not.  It has been mixed with synthetic shite to increase the strength and they pass it off as top quality.

The scientist thing sounds like a scripted line imo :wassnnme:.

Edited by Bird
5 people like this

1 hour ago, botanics said:

I'm a cynical fucker though

You and me both bud, I always look for the money angle 'cos for sure there always is one........u:doh:sually to our detriment......:puke:

I have this on Sky+ to watch later and reading through the comments here is a bit like reading the book before you see the film............lol

Jury is still out.......;)

Edited by stu914
usually unusually......
4 people like this

I think you`ll enjoy it Stu, Fash is a bit of a knob, but I expect he`s planted to balance them out, otherwise they would all be fucked up

I love the bit where Bobby says "I can`t stop fucking laughing" lol 

no doubt this change of heart from the MSM is more than likely softening the population to the ideas of decriminalisation, and I really don`t know how I feel about that until the cards are on the table. Will be interesting to see what the anti-canna lobby/bloggers have to say over the coming days.

9 people like this

I can't see how it would affect people like us who grow their own, though. We'll still have our stash of seeds, it'll be easier to swap clones of plants grown from said seeds, we have countless contacts on these boards who we would be more likely to meet as it won't be a controlled drug any more. Imagine the first legal 420 camping weekend, there won't he a morsel of gov weed, just loads of people saying "I never thought you looked like that in real life" while getting really high. 

As for licenses, fuck em, they've still got to catch you...

24 people like this

@THC4METOO

Aye, this isn't much of a problem for us here in this community true and thankful we should all be for those who keep hacking/breeding and sending in plenty of seeds for subbies etc...I'm going to do a seeding run next year I think tbh, just in case, think we should all try to keep a seriously healthy and genetically diverse seed stock moving forward mate :v:

9 people like this

It'll be the usual 'British way' of doing things @ratdog Heavy regulation, licenses that cost an arm and a leg and only for the money men lobbyists who wish to clean up with brown envelopes and nudges and winks...the Americans have a constitution, a format by which their nation and people is constructed around, we have no such thing here and what 'rights' we enjoy are strictly governed via security and intelligence services...justice in this country is merely a sham in order to pacify the masses, same for the voting mate.

I'm a cynical fucker though and distrust anything and everything that comes from the machine as it's not produced to serve my interests above those within that machine ;)

Yup. The free marketeers in charge, ironically will never give us in the UK a free cannabis market (like wot them over the pond are experiencing). But tbh, as I've cured over the years, I'd be happy with whatever "they" want, if it means the overall attitude towards cannabis was given the opportunity to change. 

I'm expecting, and fully prepared for our type of cannabis culture, the connoisseur brand if you like, to remain underground and somewhat frowned upon. But if the societal prejudice is allowed to shift with the introduction of a legalised/sanitised market, I do think think anyone will interfere with what we do.

9 people like this

Thats fair enough dude but I reckon if you went to Spain and joined a cannabis club you would feel positive, like its really amazing you knock on a little door and your confronted with more strains than you have time to grow and the best quality you can buy

Its the start of properly researching Cannabis, there was a time when certain Governments tried to get rid of the Cannabis plant and if they could of pressed a button to send Cannabis into extinction then they would of but it was kept safe in lots of people hands. The threat was very real, this must make the really old time stoners feel good in that they collectively protected a lot of the genetics

5 people like this

@Davey Jones

Believe it or not mate, I don't particularly enjoy being a distrustful person all the time and once upon a time past I wasn't...but I got fucked so hard for being naive and open that it's my go to mental state now...It is a positive thing all this exposure, especially after the campaigns you highlight above and I for one advocate it, hopefully it will mean that the brainwashed get re-brainwashed but it's for what ends concern me and what it'll mean down the line.  On that front I haven't a clue how it'll all pan out but when money enters the mix, it always seems to be that it's never the poor bugger at the bottom of the pile that benefits, they just get screwed once again as per usual and the likes of Monsanto, Soros etc really do need sorting out tbh....aye keeping the gene pools widely distributed and genetically diverse is the way :v:

8 people like this