Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Growgreen

Help! Girls tiny and not growing

24 posts in this topic

Time for a week on update. So the first girl is looking perkier, a few nice fresh roots coming out but not much new growth, girl two is still looking small but has perked up a bit, with the signs of a few fresh roots emerging; and girl three is looking loads better, perked right up and growing nicely with a good few fresh roots coming out. I'm planning on reintroducing to my system in the next few days, and was just wondering what the best thing is to clean the whole tank, tray, pump etc with to ensure there's no nastiness looming. I'll be picking up a new spreader mat tomorrow, so want to get things moving again ASAP. As usual, your help and advice is always most, most welcome. 

GG

Liquid Oxygen / Oxy+  for sterilisation.

Kills everything when mixed at 15ml per litre.

:hippy:

1 person likes this

Liquid oxygen, that's hydrogen peroxide isn't it? Hope so as I've got that! Cheers

Bloody things still doing nothing. Plants one and two have grown a bit, but nowhere near what they should've, and plant three has done barely anything. Roots seem pretty much non existent on the tray, nightmare. The way I see it I've a few options. Option one, whack them in flower, grind out the nine weeks, and just get something out of them. Option two, ditch them and start afresh. Option three, go coco and see if anything perks up. Tempted by option one as am running real low on weed, and would rather get something, even if it's only a oz or so. Then I'm thinking one more try with this set up and if not then go to coco. It's really pulling my plonker as I know generally they're quite hardy plants. The leaves are now clawing downwards as well, so my list of issues just continues. I know it's got to be something to do with the roots, as the tray should be filling up with them, but it's just not. Even ditched the pythoff and hydrogen peroxide and just going a+b nutes to see if something's amiss with them. 

As usual, your advice and help is greatfully received. 

Did you get the spreadermat?

How fast is your pump on?

Is it on 24/7?

Whats your ec and ph doing?

Do you know what temperature the water is?

If your vegging i cant imagine it would be too cold...

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt

Right, lights off at the minute so can't check, but ec should be about 0.5-0.6, ph I've no idea as I haven't a tester, but normally coming out 6.2 ish from memory, temp should be 22. Got a aquarium heater in the res so keeps it fairly stable. And yes, I did get a spreader mat. Pump has been on a trickle 24 hours a day, just increased it a tad yesterday when I changed the water. Also propped up the pump end a tad to see if that helps. Thanks for all your help, mate, it's appreciated. 

@Growgreen

Turn the pump up mate to half/3/4 flow.it sounds mad but more flow the more oxygen to the roots.

Bump up the ec to 1.2

Try both these and give it a week youve gotta try something as its not working as it is.

I think youll see an improvement within the week.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
2 people like this

Just popped in the tent to try the above and noticed there’s new growth on all three girls, and they’re looking a touch happier! Etc just over0.5, so going to give it a few days as is and see what happens, hopefully things improve, if not I’ll be trying as you’ve suggested @stu sleeper 20vt. Thanks again, mate. Much appreciated.