Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K-dawg

Organic calcium

25 posts in this topic

large.20170920_174012_800x800.jpg

Has anyone ever used this and if so whats their thoughts on it?

I was thinking about putting some on top of my pots and watering through it,dont know if this would work?

Or has anyone else good ideas of organic calcium i could use?

The search bar doesn't work for me :headpain:

3 people like this

It was either Ratdog or Dodgee that spoke about this stuff a while back, if I recal mate and found it tidy too, if not overdone ;)

e2a

Aye that's right, if I remember, I'm sure it was said that you must be careful with it as it can raise soil PH so sparingly is the way with it :yep:

Edited by botanics
1 person likes this

I was thinking maybe a teaspoon or 2 sprinkled on top of the soil and  same again after a few weeks/potting up. Ive heard about eggshells containing calcium but cant seem to find anything on how i could actually use them.

4 people like this

14 minutes ago, K-dawg said:

I was thinking maybe a teaspoon or 2 sprinkled on top of the soil and  same again after a few weeks/potting up. Ive heard about eggshells containing calcium but cant seem to find anything on how i could actually use them.

some people compost eggshells mate, we had a compost bin a few years back and we used to add them to it, it was really nice compost you would get from it, I didn't grow weed back then so I never used it for that but the garden plants used to love it.....

can you not crush the shells to dust and add it that way?

Edited by craigfjyp
extra line
2 people like this

I dont know anything about making my own compost mate, i am still a newbie lol

Would i crush the eggshells up and spread over top soil or is there a way i can make some sort of liquid feed with them? 

I am 3 weeks into veg and in a soft water area aswell, kinda needing a quickish fix... but organic lol

1 person likes this

I use calcified seaweed and calcium carbonate in all my soil mixes.

It's better used mixed into the soil bit you can just top dress with either if you want

5 people like this

6 hours ago, K-dawg said:

4 people like this

Cheers guys :yep:

@K-dawg a link to a post about what calcified seaweed contains also for seaweed meal. I have written a lot about calcified seaweed and its uses in the past. If you search for posts about "calcified seaweed" under my name as author you should be able to find posts about using it in compost.

Hope this helps 

9 people like this

Thanks man, had a look at the info you have posted.

Can't see any info on how i can use it on my plants potted in pm soil. All the info is about using it in diy compost heeps.

Is calcified readily available if top dressed on soil and then watered? Or if i mix it in with my soil when potting up? 

I have cal/mag issues, tried the eggshell water mix on one of my plants. And its fucked it up... will post a picture later.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:49 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

It's better used mixed into the soil bit you can just top dress if you want

2 people like this

How much roughly would you top dress with buddy?

It should have guidance noted in the pack. 

I rarely top dress plants with it as i mix it into the soil but when I top dress beds they get broadcast sowed with it so can't really say "this many grams" 

Sorry mate. I dont wanna say just a sprinkle as everyones "sprinkle" will be well different but I'm sure you will be fine. If ya can mix it with the soil before you pot up would be best

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, K-dawg said:

How much roughly would you top dress with buddy?

@K-dawg Have a google at some other brands they may give instructions on usage mate

1 person likes this