Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bearukc

Gorilla Glue #4 by Elev8 seeds.

66 posts in this topic

I just got hold of 10 feminised GG4 seeds, a strain I've been waiting to try for a while. The breeder was Elev8 seeds although I didn't get them in the original packaging but I trust the guy I got them from.

I've read the bumff on the Elev8 website and they warn about the possibility of hermying with feminised seeds.

I was wondering whether anyone had grown these out before and how did they perform regarding the hermying? Any other tips, info or words of wisdom  gratefully received.

Normally I'd germinate the whole pack and fill the tent with them. I don't want to do that if there's a possibility of lady boys as it makes them hard to spot and remove. I may be forced to grow them one at a time and take cuts from each until I find a stable female to use as a mum. It could be a long process!!

3 people like this

hermies can happen fem or not, The risk is increased with certain strains as much as with feminised seeds. I'd just go for it but be gentle training them, and watch them like a hawk 

3 people like this

To those on here who know their stuff, been around a while and have seen more than their fair share of flashes in the pan - what do you reckon of GG4?

Apologies to OP, don't mean to criticise your purchase,most including me, would buy the same.

Edited by Gojitangie
Not to be a twat

gg4 is some of the strongest bud around always 25-30 percent

but gg4 came from a hermie. i don't know what elev8 did to create the gg4 fems. If they are S1's i'd expect hermies

4 people like this

Ive just chopped a bit of my GG4, resin is unreal. That and the Purple Stardawg is some of the most potent smoke ive tasted. GG4 came from a double hermie lol Chem sis hermied and pollinated the Sour Dubb then a seed from that hermie got grown out and then hermied again pollinating the choc diesel! 

I read elev8 actually made the strain using the same genetics rather than from the clone, so had to drop the number 4, so should be a tadge more stable hopefully, think the info is on their site, looks very nice imo:yep: 

Think GG4 is here to stay, its been around now since 2013/14 already, top stuff, some say a bit bland and prefer Sour Dubble for flavour, would love to grow the Sour Dubble clone :skin_up:

Edited by nudger36
4 people like this

14 hours ago, Gojitangie said:

To those on here who know their stuff, been around a while and have seen more than their fair share of flashes in the pan - what do you reckon of GG4?

Apologies to OP, don't mean to criticise your purchase,most including me, would buy the same.

Apologies not needed mate. I'm just a sucker for the hype! Over the years I've found that such 'flashes in the pan' actually produce an exceptional weed, usually very distinctive in some way. I'm thinking UK cheese, C99,  NYCD and many more. My curiosity means I have to find out what they're like and if they live up to their reputation. I'll admit that if I had read the Elev8 website before I ordered them I'd have steered clear because of the hermie issue but now I have them I've gotta try them out.

1 person likes this

@bearukc

Think we are similarly minded mate,have ordered @Highburyway's GG4 mix after comments here!

Was going to be Marmalade x cherry posh and sweet tooth but have bumped the sweet tooth for the GG4 mix.

Very tempted to take another sub for the sweet tooth,having read up on it, would be a shame to not try and preserve such classic seeds. 

Best of luck with your GG mate, hope you don't see a single nana;)

@gojitangie Which Sweettooth are you pondering? I used to grow Sweettooth 3 from Spice of Life (back in 03/04 ) which is very different from offerings from Greenhouse. It's a very distinctive plant with the biggest leaves I've ever seen on a weed plant! One of my top five!

2 people like this

@bearukc

Actually sent off sub for the sweetooth this afternoon;)

Its the sweet tooth in subbies mate, F2 by @bill cooper which I believe is from the original Chimera stock that was sold to spice of life who marketed it as sweet tooth. Apparently Chimera later sold the seeds as GF x BB rather than sweet tooth.

I should add that is simply my understanding from reading a couple of posts, could be entirely wrong!

Aye Chimera made Sweet Tooth 1.1 and Sweet Blue for Spice Of Life which he now sells as GF x BB and Dolce Sativa. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do @Gojitangie.:yep:

3 people like this

1 hour ago, bill cooper said:

Aye Chimera made Sweet Tooth 1.1 and Sweet Blue for Spice Of Life which he now sells as GF x BB and Dolce Sativa. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do @Gojitangie.:yep:

Cheers mate, sure I will.

@bill cooperThanks for your hard work and generosity:)

Subbies list is so tempting got the SW in addition to the GG, didn't want to miss the opportunity!

Edited by Gojitangie
@ add

I wouldnt waste your time with those seeds

Elev8 seeds got called out in the huge GG4 thread on IC for being fakes / knockoff's, dont expect to find anything like the GG4 in there

I think JW mentioned that darkhorse genetics are selling GG4 s1's using a verified cut from himself , so i would say they are your best bet if looking for something close to the glue

4 people like this

Sorry for the double post, cant find the edit button on the last post.

I also wanted to say that they got caught out stealing other members pictures, from IC, and claiming them as their own to advertise the strains on their website

Personally i wouldn't buy any of there gear, seems like a very shady and untrustworthy company

On 23/09/2017 at 0:40 AM, blazeee said:

I wouldnt waste your time with those seeds

Elev8 seeds got called out in the huge GG4 thread on IC for being fakes / knockoff's, dont expect to find anything like the GG4 in there

I think JW mentioned that darkhorse genetics are selling GG4 s1's using a verified cut from himself , so i would say they are your best bet if looking for something close to the glue

Oh dear. This is worrying news. I've already wasted time and money on a GG4 auto and I'm wondering if it (or something very similar) is actually available in the UK. This information had smashed what little confidence I had in them. I need to have a rethink but it looks like this thread is over before it really got going. Shame.

I did check out Darkhorse and they're 130 quid for ten. There's a GG cross from Bomb Seeds that might be worth a go, their Gorila Bomb. Anyway I've got two great strains in clone form so I'm not desperate for these, they were supposed to be a bit of fun and a cure for my curiosity :)

Edited by bearukc
1 person likes this