Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

aphids

19 posts in this topic

Well two days of spraying with the SAS Fairy squad seems to have curtailed their population/munches a bit, there's still some marks, but I'm assuming it's like our favoured plants in that once damaged it doesn't repair.  The other thing that I noticed this morning when giving a spray was some ...........LADYBIRDS :badass:  so don't know if I should lay off the fairy since I don't want to harm the new arrivals.

I can deal with the slugs and snails - hadn't thought about burying glass into plants near so thanks for that - I do a snail/slug run and it keeps it manageable - that's good enough - just those aphids are still giving me the heebie jeebies thinking about the photos.

Rhubarb Leaf Pesticide is simple to make an effective, organic pesticide which works well to control leaf eating ... Bring the leaves to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. ... Use this pesticide for controlling aphids, slugs, caterpillars etc that crawl, I gave this a go a few years back and it worked reasonably well.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

One last serious question - does the washing up liquid stick the wee bassa's to the leaves?

so now they (dead) look like black dots, that crumble to powder in your face on close inspection (I don't advise this, it seems even in death they manage to freak the bejesus out of me)?

ATB

@DigDig

have you got any pets?  I know the leaves of rhubarb are toxic so just wondering if it's cat safe - I am the servent of a beautiful lady cat who does her best to use an indoor litter box - I've seen her wee on the mums, but that's fine,  I don't like them either so think it's a artistic criticsm :)

Edited by Teeth
A thought.....for Digdig
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Teeth said:

@DigDig

have you got any pets?  I know the leaves of rhubarb are toxic so just wondering if it's cat safe - I am the servent of a beautiful lady cat who does her best to use an indoor litter box - I've seen her wee on the mums, but that's fine,  I don't like them either so think it's a artistic criticsm :)

Just fish and a dog mate (No rhubarb we moved):smokin:

1 person likes this