Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

StonedQuail

New(ish) to the game help and advice needed please

So, I hail from the north of england and have jus started my second grow. A little about my first.... it was complete noob attempt with only advice from one or two people I know and the rest online which tbf is great but only reading other people's question and answers doesn't always help, so here I am!

Anyhow it didn't to turn out bad at all, considering poor basic set up and using just guessed estimates on feeding with poor ventilation system, no ph testing the filter on the floor and no intake fan  so yeah as you can see any return you would be happy with and I returned 560g of very decent, strong effecting buds yet no smell unless you grind up which I believe now is due to my drying skills lol but that for another time....So after getting my hands on the basics I'm away on my second hence finally getting my ass into gear and signing up. 

My cuurent grow. I've upgraded parts to a limit I could afford and changed my feeding etc.....So I have a 3m x 1.5 m x 1.6m roof cube tent. My carbon filter with fan attached is now  hanging at the top of the tent, ducting leading out of the tent. At the opposite end I have intake fan with ducting leading into the tent. Inside a big oscillating fan along with 2 small 6 inch clip ons. As for lights I have 2 600w hps lights connected to 2 digital ballasts ranging from 200w to 600w(running 1 light at the moment, later explains) I don't think it's a bad set up but any advice but be highly welcome I will try attach photos if possible. 

The feed i have opted for this time is old school orig canna a & b, rhizo, cannazym and then my own additives down the line which include bud blood, bloomblastic and big bud. I'm now oh testing my water to around 6.0 I believe it is that is best, well between 5.8 and 6.0? .....

if your still reading my long my long winded essay on this Saturday night then I do seek some advice as always! Firstly .....

I put 10  cuttings  into 12 l fabric pots on Thursday night. They are currently sat under just 1 light, running at 400w as I've been told to up to 600w and bring the other light in once they have rooted in there new pots, is this the case? Or should I get more light wattage  on the baby's. They are also sat 55cm away from the tallest cutting although they are all pretty even, is this correct? 

I'm also running them 24/7 right this second as I've read this is jus as good or even better then 18/6, is this a matter of opinion or factual? Last time I ran 18/6 for 5 weeks before switching to flower, I'm worried if I do 4 weeks of 24/7 I will kill them or something bad etc? 

I have been feeding them less then the table says from canna as ive always read it's very high feeds from them, I dropped a&b  to 10ml of each obvs, and 25ml of rhizo. I pre fed the cocoa before potting the cuttings in with this mix.  but I didn't feed aagain once they was  in the cocoa,  should I have give them a slight feed again? I'm now around 48 hours later so going to check to see if needs another feed tonight if it does then the same feed as the first I probs will go for before I up it, or should I up the feed already? 

If your still awake i award you, and for any advice and help thankyou! 

Hope to hear from you all 

Edited by StonedQuail
Misspelt title
2 people like this

Welcome to the boards bud :yep:

3 people like this

@StonedQuail

hi mate, it sounds like you're doing alright, you have all the basics sorted and managed to finish a crop you were happy with, the only advice I would say is your cuttings would be better in smaller pots and pot them up as the roots grow, they might end up all stringy starting them in 12l pots.

I do my cuttings on 24/7 mate, I think they don't stretch as much with 24hr light but other people say they need a dark period, it will just come down to your personal choice in the end and whether your willing to pay for the extra leccy for 24/7.....

good luck mate.... 

2 people like this

@craigfjyp

Alright mate, I'll start with saying terrible badge I can see it should be a Liverpool red :smokin: haha anyway cheers for the help pal. 

Ive thought the exact same on the pit side of things but one of the people who I take advice who has been doing it x amount of years I first a lot, and has led me well but off what I read and research as well o would agree with you and opposite to him. 

This falls into that catogary of everyone has there has there own way I guess. He says it doesn't matter that repotting will stress them out and 12l isn't to big. My last grow, half struggled to take but in the end pulled through well. 

Practice makes perfect and and I guess it takes quite a few grows to finally get close to being fully on top of everything. 

Im guessing it's defiantley to late now and would deffo stress to re pot intonsaller grow out then back into the 12l, that's reporting 2 times couldn't be good could it. 

Cheers mate 

Edited by StonedQuail
2 people like this

Welcome mate, nice set up bud :yep: would say the cuttings going straight into 12 litre is a bit much imo and will take a while to root, watering will be key as it will be easy to over water and get water logged with so little root mass. Personally I would scale down, you want the roots to fill out each pot size before potting up. How long they been in the 12's? 

Edited by nudger36
2 people like this

@nudger36

alright mate, yeah same been mentioned to me  before. I'll have to go with it now I presume....

On the watering note what would you suggest. I guess you mean water with food in as it's cocoa and it needs the food. I gave them about a litre each before planting them, planted but didn't give anything extra. It's 48 hours later now and seems damp still so should I leave or give them another litre each? The fabric pots are dry and they aren't that heavy. 

Thanks mate 

2 people like this

im sure it will be fine just not ideal imo just keep an eye on them and not over do it, you sort if get a feel for it just by lifting the pots up like your already doing. You dont want the coco drying out as it does dry out pretty rapid. I would just be using a root stim myself but depends on how long they have been in the 12's really, upload some pics if possible mate :yep::yep:

Edited by nudger36
1 person likes this

Yeah all my reasearch has told me not to over water! But that's all down to myself isn't learning when to water and when not to...

they have only been in 48 hours now in the 12l but I don't have anything smaller to hand, I can buy the pots and extra cocoa, but as you could agree only if the extra spends and few hours work is worth it lol. 

I wanted to ypload oicture with the orgijnal pist but only could add url for photos, I tried copying and pasting whilst in my iPhone but wouldn't allow when tried to post it said something about formatting. How do I go about it mate? I have a few photos ready 

1 person likes this