Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Humanbeing

Beginner seeking help :-)

Hi guys thanks for your help in advance! 

1. Strain Suggestion: I have 1 Easy Kush plus 1 Northern Lights and I'm looking to another couple of strains, mainly indica (the most indica the better), not tall (grow room is 160cm tall), suitable for a beginner.  Any suggestion?

Related Important Question:

Different strains have different vegetation and flowering times --  how can I manage 4 different strains  with different vegetation and flowering times in the same grow tent? Maybe I should try to couple strains with similar V and F times?

2. I have 2 x 40cm wide (35liters) pots = can I put 2 seeds  (2 different strains) per pot?

3. Why the seed needs to be placed in a small pot once germinated and cant go instead in the larger final pot after the wet paper ? I have purchased some rooter starter compost cubes? How do I use  them? Do I still need to put the seeds in the wet paper first?

i know these things have been said many times and I'm sorry but I have a learning difficulty and I struggle to  retrieve and organise the information especially when ithere is a lot. Thanks for your understanding:-)

Many thanks for your help!

Edited by Humanbeing
Forgot

@Humanbeing  Hi mate, if your looking for another good indica strain then Bubba Kush is a lovely one. Dinafem and HSO both have it I do believe.

In regards to the two seeds in one pot I don't think its wise. Besides a few technical problems with levels of feed you will likely overfill the plants growing area. They need space to grow and two plants will clash in a single pot. You may get away with it in 35l pots, but personally I would have one plant one pot. 

Dont worry to much about varied veg times, they will grow and you will veg them until they are ready, it really is a simple as that. Some will get larger, but there isn't much you can do about that at this level of experience.

Potting up your plants helps the pots be full of roots rather than soil. If you put a plant into a large pot of soil the roots will just shoot out to the edges, this will leave a lot of "Unrooted" area in the pot, meaning you will have heavy soggy soil among other issues. If you fill a 5cm pot, then fill a 10cm pot, then a 15cm pot etc etc you will have a final pot full of roots ready top absorb the water and nutrients from the soil. 

Best of luck. 

GV.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Humanbeing said:

Hi guys thanks for your help in advance! 

1. Strain Suggestion: I have 1 Easy Kush plus 1 Northern Lights and I'm looking to another couple of strains, mainly indica (the most indica the better), not tall (grow room is 160cm tall), suitable for a beginner.  Any suggestion?

That is like saying what trainers or what beer , its down to u at the end of the day. Stick to indica dom and u will be ok.

My rooms are only 1.2 m and I flower 8 different strains.

You can bend and train these plants any way you need them to go.

Related Important Question:

Different strains have different vegetation and flowering times --  how can I manage 4 different strains  with different vegetation and flowering times in the same grow tent? Maybe I should try to couple strains with similar V and F times?

2. I have 2 x 40cm wide (35liters) pots = can I put 2 seeds  (2 different strains) per pot?

They will all get the same veg time, all reach maturity roughly the same time. Flowering times you can normally add 2 weeks to what the packet says. I find 10 weeks is normally ideal for most strains. Yes try and pick strains with similar finishing times.

I avoid any fast versions for instance as I need to dry in my room I want to chop them all together , a 6 week finisher would be a problem. 

No because one will always dominate the other , fight for root space , never ideal. 1 plant 1 pot.

3. Why the seed needs to be placed in a small pot once germinated and cant go instead in the larger final pot after the wet paper ? I have purchased some rooter starter compost cubes? How do I use  them? Do I still need to put the seeds in the wet paper first?

i know these things have been said many times and I'm sorry but I have a learning difficulty and I struggle to  retrieve and organise the information especially when ithere is a lot. Thanks for your understanding:-)

No Worries

Many thanks for your help!

Cool

zz

Potting up is very important , start with small pot till roots fill it, then bigger pot and the plant will grow fast as it spreads out in its new pot. Each time u do it the plant gets a boost. Only autos you would put right into a big pot as they don't like being potted up.

I put my seeds in a glass of water for as many days as it takes for the shell tp split right open. That way you know the seed is viable and alive. Drop that a few mill into your starter thingys and water and leave under your light

Edited by zztopbudz
formatting
3 people like this

Welcome to the boards @Humanbeing  I'm not gonna chip in with more info bud as you've got some enough alread to chew through for now, atb bud :yep:

Dont worry fella..i have the attention span of a gnat but i grow nice fat bud.

With the direction from this site i can just log in and pick up from where i was unsure of. Stick around theres many on here who love to help.

Wow! guys I just wanna thank you ALL for being so kind and generous in giving me guidance! 

I'm  elaborating your kind answers and I think I will create a simple sequence of events that I would kindly ask you to check? If I'm missing something or doing something wrong?

again thank you so much with warm sincerity!

@Chu I'm still laughing thinking of the gnat :-)) I know what you mean mate! 

3 people like this

OK guys, I hope you still follow this thread. Because of my above mentioned limitation, I have to simplify information in order to process it, therefore I have put together a step by step sequence of what I have learnt so far to check kindly with you if I am missing something and if I may need to do things differently. I hope that is ok. Here we go:

1. Get the seeds handle with care

2. germinate seeds with paper towel method in the dark, when seedling root is about 10 mm put seeds in rooters soil cubes -- FOR HOW LONG? HAS TO BE EXPOSED TO LIGHT? WHAT LIGHT AND HOW LONG?

3. After ? move rooter soil cube in pot  AND EXPOSE TO LIGHT? Vegetation light? 18 light 6 dark?

4. I have been recommended Bio Bizz (3 bottles) fertiliser. When do I need to start using this?

5. When plants ready to flower (will check thricomes colour) will change light cycle to 12 light and 12 dark

6. Hopefully will flower

7. Somehow hopefully I would harvest :-))

Any suggestion mates?

Many thanks!

Which BB do you have? Grow, bloom and Top-Max?

3 hours ago, Muppet said:

Which BB do you have? Grow, bloom and Top-Max?

yes, exactly.

RTRight, there's lots of questions and I'm bound to forget loads but... 

I would start out with plants all of the same strain as they should be physically similar and have similar demands. It's easier to fix one problem that they are all having than a different problem on each. 

You control the veggin' they'll pick the flowering time. Start them flowering all together and crop them one by one as they finish. 

Potting the plants up it stages is considered good practice. The idea being the roots will go through the compost and drain it before the compost can stagnate. With autos it different, you want them to grow as rapidly as possible, with photos you get to choose how long they veg for before they flower so It's not all happening on a set time span. 

One plant per pot! 

Trichromes probably won't appear until a couple of weeks into flower. 

If you plant up in stages you shouldn't need to use nutes until in flower. 

Never used Top-Max so unsure of it's application. Search out the Bio Biz feeding chart, don't treat it as gospel but it is a good guide. It's probably pinned in the organic compost forum.