Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreengoStarr

Brazil

19 posts in this topic
On 12/09/2017 at 11:56 PM, GreengoStarr said:

but this is by no means the end of my Brazilian adventures and I shall post more tales soon.

Next time get on the Catamaran from Salvador and head off to Morro de São Paulo...Great read..

And I had the Bicho in my toe, first day trainers off walking around barefoot Ouch! stubbed my toe on a rock, it bled.

A couple of days later I was stoned looking at my toe and two small black antennae popped out from the side of the nail on my big toe waving about. I thought I had imagined it.

Anyway, a couple of minutes later, there it was again, it looked like an ant was peering out from a small hole in my toe..

I was lodging with an Argentinian couple at the time (there's loads of Argies there) so I told Gigi and she told me to put my foot up and relax...she proceeded to pick at my toe with a needle, first came the head, then the body. It was the size of an ant..

I thought "Thank fuck that's out" and started to get up.

Gigi sopped me and started picking at my toe again..I felt sick as she extracted what must have been 30 small white eggs from the hole.

My girlfriend had the Geografico on her hand.

We were marching at night along a track through the jungle when she slipped and put her hand in a load of mud.

The next day she noticed a red squiggly line on her hand..Again we consulted Gigi.

Immediately she said " Geografico" and fetched a candle and some ice.

First she dripped melted wax onto the lines and then rubbed ice on them. She did that for about ten times. The next day the lines had turned brown, the worm was dead. Slowly being absorbed by my girlfriends body.

TheY call it Geografico because the patterns it makes looks like a map.

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja
1 person likes this

Cheers @Punta Roja,

it's good to see others have enjoyed the wild life in Brazil as well.

Everyone has told me that I should have gone to Morro de Sao Paulo, but that was only after I got back from Bahia, so it's on the bucket list. How long did you spend in Brazil?

Great read! 

1 person likes this

On 27/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, GreengoStarr said:

Cheers @Punta Roja,

it's good to see others have enjoyed the wild life in Brazil as well.

Everyone has told me that I should have gone to Morro de Sao Paulo, but that was only after I got back from Bahia, so it's on the bucket list. How long did you spend in Brazil?

I was there for three months.

Entered at Foz do iguaçu - amazing waterfalls - bus to Curitiba - pissed it down for a week - Flight to Salvador - we needed sun - went up the coast for a few weeks - nearly died surfing - Catamaran to Morro de Sao Paulo - stayed on the island from beginning of November till Christmas eve - arrived in Rio at 6 am Christmas morning - 24 hour bus ride - New year - Millennium - in Rio. Back in the UK Jan 15th 2000 after nearly three years in South America. Lasted 10 days and fucked off to Spain for two and a half years.

Funny story whilst on the island..

We met a lad from Leeds, his name was Chris. Travelling alone lovely chap.

Anyway, a couple of days before we were due to leave I found out that he had a camcorder with him, I asked him if he'd took any good videos, he told me that the battery had gone within a couple of days of landing in Brazil and he's never found an adaptor to charge it.

I picked it up and cut the plug off with my Swiss army. He looked stunned as I skinned the wires with my teeth and pushed them into the socket.

Hey presto! the camcorder was charging.

I imagine it's changed a bit since then....

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja