Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Golden Syrup

1000/750w DE Thread

26 posts in this topic

When buying my dimlux's a grow shop that won't be named was trying to push me to buy the revolution DE's instead making some outrageous claims

The same guys are also always trying to get me to buy LED's lol so I was a bit dubious.

12 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

Well, I am thinking a 3m x 1.5m x 2.2m greenqube and hang the revo in the middle with 2 LECs at either side by the tent walls. I imagine that I will only run it like this for a short while though, I want to see for myself what using DE and CMH together is like as I imagine its a bit different to the 2 x 600w and 1 x 315w I was using before going all CMH, especially as the wattage will be almost 1:1 CMH:HPS

Tough one really as I would want to do A and B lol  I am biased as I am loving the full spectrum at the minute, everything else aside I am jumping on the revos so I can run the QMH lamps as technically they are better than the CMH, offering 2.05 umoles of full spectrum per watt, compared to 1.9. As for the tents fuck paying big money to mammoth for Gavita tents, I like the green qubes so again a little biased in that respect, but they are 15cm less than those tall ones you mentioned. 

ahaha well I would also want both A + B but £££££ is a problem. Of course the long game is to get there eventually, but I need to think about what I can do now on the relative cheap to improove my set up - and that seems to me to be extra head height. I am now thinking that a 220cm Qube tent would suffice - as long as the lights are sitting at 200cm I should be good. Besides, setting up a tall tent on my own is going to be a fecking challenge :D

I do have to say - if I was in the market to upgrade from HPS now, I would probably go with the Revolution. 

2 people like this

@Lord Steppington Yeah if money is tight then getting the better tent would probs be better. I like the greencubes, I think if you can hang pretty much directly off the bar as high as you can go I think it will be sound :yep:  I hear you on the revolution unit, I wouldn't have bothered at all with them if it wasn't for QMH.

3 people like this

Gavita warranty is second to none. Faulty El2 controller nearly 2 years old replaced within 2 days of complaint.Faulty back up battery know defect none the less impressive service.I wouldnt be without them only down side is the lamp and reflector replacement each year.When you can look at them without being blinded you need new lamps.I hit 6000 hours didnt really drop in yield but struggled to keep lights on temps up in relation to extraction and humidity.The  ballast ain't missed a beat.Love my 750 de pulling 40 under each we'll impressed.

Edited by icki
3 people like this

Know this is a old thread just wondered if anyone has run the new solistek a1+ 1000w de? As just purchased a couple and there controller. Tbh it was the Controller that sold it me over the revolution deva, looks a really nice piece of kit It's like a mini ipad. got a very good deal on them also. I believe the solistek is also square wave ballast although not 100%. Would appreciate if anyone has any feedback on them. Thanks 

Hello

I use a Gavita 1000 DE set for an AAW with the Hellion T32.5 socket. Definitely this lamp is the sun, I get the same thing with 2x 600se AAW.

I work in perpetual flowering, I place 3 large plants at +/- 300 grams in the center of the room (300x300x285) and some small plants to select on the edges that give as under a hps 400w.

This bulb offers me great flexibility in my work, the buds are compact even 2m from the bulb. But plan the height, some genetics can support 70cm of apical distance / other lamp show signs of burns, weaknesses or even hermaprodisme to 110cm.

I will soon have the opportunity to try a 630 CMH Double Ended, maybe 945w.

I will post photos occasionally.

Good vibe

Your growing is epic @Golden Syrup it’s like a breath of fresh air when your diary comes up :yep:.

I was just wondering if I can pick your brains please,iv just invested in two Deva revolutions 1000w 400V, iv got them hanging of the top bars on the bracket they come with on my SJ Darkroom with the RC-1 controller. Iv got a “10 isomax fan and a 6” low power RVK intakelarge.fullsizeoutput_cd4.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_cd7.jpeg Hooked up to sms 4 amp,do you think I’m going to have problems with a standard height tent as we move in to spring and summer? It’s freezing at the moment and the controller has got them both dimmed to 600 most of the time and my 315 CMH is not even running bit scared lol have I bit of more than I can chew ? 

12 hours ago, DCC said:

Your growing is epic @Golden Syrup it’s like a breath of fresh air when your diary comes up :yep:.

I was just wondering if I can pick your brains please,iv just invested in two Deva revolutions 1000w 400V, iv got them hanging of the top bars on the bracket they come with on my SJ Darkroom with the RC-1 controller. Iv got a “10 isomax fan and a 6” low power RVK intakelarge.fullsizeoutput_cd4.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_cd7.jpeg Hooked up to sms 4 amp,do you think I’m going to have problems with a standard height tent as we move in to spring and summer? It’s freezing at the moment and the controller has got them both dimmed to 600 most of the time and my 315 CMH is not even running bit scared lol have I bit of more than I can chew ? 

how big is your tent? is your airflow restricted? how are temps with 1x 1k and the 315? 

Split your posts into a more relevant thread :yep:

Not sure how big your tent is @DCC but I was running 2 x 1000w revos in my 3m x 1.5 x 2.4m tent with 4 x 315w and I could only just get it running nicely with the 315ws turned off, most of the time like yourself the controller was running at like 850w or something. In the end I sacked them off and went back to ceramics as whilst not got the yield power per watt as the revos, they're better lights over all IMO for my application. 

1 person likes this

he Secret Jardin DR240W Grow Tent measures 240cm x 120cm x 200cm  freezing today so temps are right down with the CMH on aswell, Will keep updates coming as the weather getts hotter may need to back of in the summer with 1 deva and buy two 315 cmh to go iver side :yep:

Just thought Id let anyone investing in the Deva and a RC-1 controller in a tent the same as mine,now that the sunrise, and sunset setting can be a pain, iv been told by the guy who made them that in order to get them to sunset and sunrise to work, that my, start dimming for overheat should be set to 30c, and stop temp at 35c. Now if you try and get them to sunset and there dimmed to 600w on both they simply just turn off  30,20,10,5 mins early which will mess up your photoperiod. 

I have mine set to start dimming at 26c where I like it however, having this setting might leave your controller thinking its in overheat mode. Now im going to keep my set perimeter at 26c and turn the sunset / sunrise setting off ,because 30c is too much for my environment and I also have to have my 315 CMH in the middle to get that extra quality. Its a bit of a bastard, but bare in mind you have to have your night time temp before the lights go out at night at 1000W, or over to get sunset to work soon as the sunset kicks in and your controller is on 600w it just turns your lights clean out like segment timmer.    

As @Golden Syruphas stated these things run" hot" and really need the hight and proper cooling to get them to behave at the right temps to get the ss/sr to work. The RC-1 controller is still an amazing bit of kit and the lights are awesome with them dimming to stabilise temp's, but at 26c max its going to spend most of its life floating around 850 to 600W thats this time of the year which is cool. I think these lights are aimed more at commercial size hight and air con rather than a percie grower with 7 plants :bong: