Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Golden Syrup

Light spaces NOT plants

25 posts in this topic

Cracking explanation :yep:

Lil d.

1 person likes this

Nice simple explanation.

Please do one for Photosynthetic photon efficacy next.

:) 

@Key4

Do you mean in terms of PPFD levels at stages of growth or the yield photon flux of different wavelengths? 

@Golden Syrup  I mean micromoles per second per watt .(Umol/j/s) Is they way i understand it.

@Key4 Maybe I am missing something but if a joule/s is 1 watt then the umoles per second is whatever the umoles per watt is. In the case of 1kw DE its 2.1 umoles per second per watt. 

1 person likes this

I see you already explained this in your other thread.

Ill just put this back on :bag: and sit quietly.

Spot on explantion and with drawings easy to understand GS, cracking bit of reading there mate, appreciate the time spent in the explanation and detail, really good stuff :v:

4 people like this

Good thread.

Do you think 42 watts per square ft is enough to light a space? @Golden Syrup that's currently what I'm working with

1 person likes this

@Ice impossible to say. Have a read of the original thread I linked where I go into detail on PAR, PPF, and PPFD. You'll be able to know roughly then if you are over or under lighting. 

Afraid you've boggled whatever mind I have! BUT, I think you've just put in science speak what I've learned to do following the example of others. Namely, raising my single vertically hung bulb as high as possible in the tent from the very start. So I never have to raise or lower my lamp at all.  I've found that this way I get consistent yields, and a better parity of the buds.

6 people like this

My lights fixed height and i raise the plants till im happy with coverage then lower em as they stretch trying to keep all the buds illuminated all the time.

Nice post @Golden Syrup cheers dude

peace

4 people like this

This is interesting this see this leaving the lamp up top :g:  I've never done this way and always did a half metre under 600 in the past and now like it's tight in my box especially if I run at 400 but I did notice that with the halide lamp (never used halide in the past and only tubes for veg and sodium for bloom) and got used to it a bit, they absolutely benefit from being further away than sodiums.  Personally I put that down to the photon energy and colour temp of the lamp but I dunno enough about it all tbh :unsure: yeah really interesting this, but think I'm going to have to convert my box to run scrog moving forwards in order to keep the lamp off them enough...I feel some building and projects coming on lol 

8 people like this

@Golden Syrup great thread, very well written and illustrated. If I could pick your brain for a second......

I'm setting up a new space 1.2 x 3 x 2.3h; I have got 4 315's (to begin with,6-8 in future) and a 600mh/hps(to be replaced in the future) and am going with 2x315 either side of the 600...

I'm using orca so was thinking of spacing quite evenly across the space...any thoughts?

edit, only going to use the 2x315 either side of the 600mh for veg

Edited by buddy13
add info
1 person likes this

@buddy13 I'd space them with the above post in mind still, even if I was using Orca. You want even lighting not even hanging units :yep: 

1 person likes this