Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

botanics

The Night Garden welcomes Remo Chemo

343 posts in this topic

In the Night Garden...

Welcome all to this diary test run on this new Dinafem/Remo - The Urban Grower collaboration folks.

For this run I'll also be testing the Remo Nutrients 'Supercharged 500ml Nutrient Kit' provided for the grow and this is a step in a new direction for me as I've never used Cannabis specific nutrients in all the years I've grown on and off, (those who'll be familiar with my ways will know that I usually use liquid growmore for veg and a tomato formula for bloom with additions of Maxicrop seaweed extract, Epsom salts and home made brews of various concotions if any nasties become an issue, which predominantly is the odd Sciarid Fly about the place from time to time.

I've had difficulties lately with my system and I'm not a 100% sure as to whether I've nailed it until running this lot, but I think I'm on it and have a pretty good idea as to where it is I've been going wrong and what issues my growing environment has been experiencing (I may go into more detail on that front throughout the diary but for now it's best to keep it relatively simple).

The Nutrients & The Beans

Provided some time ago and with the utmost of gratittude, two boxes of these Supercharged Nutrient Kits arrived from Remo Nutrients' UK distributer and not only that, they also came with a set of Grow Room glasses (which are really fantastic for my Sodium lamp) and also a measuring cup AND a bonus emblemed T Shirt!  Many thanks for this Remo Nutrients and many thanks also to @Dinafem-Mark for arranging all of this, of course my gratitude also extends to Dinafem Seeds for putting up the Remo Chemo beans in order to do the test...you've looked after me guys, all of you and not just on this run either and I hope this test run will prove fruitfull for much information gained :yinyang: 

Included inside the pack of nutrients are as follows :-

2 x 500ml Remo's Micro

1 x 500ml Remo's Grow

1 x 500ml Remo's Nature's Candy

1 x 500ml Remo's Magnifical

1 x 500ml Remo's VeloKelp

1 x 500ml Remo's AstroFlower

2 x 500ml Remo's Bloom

large.59a41cd104e8f_RemoChemoGermination003.jpg

The seeds were taken out of their packaging yesterday and were placed into a cup of water with the addition of Maxicrop Seaweed Extract.  After a few hours, I gave them a tap and pleased to say that all five sank.

large.59a41cde8778d_RemoChemoGermination001.jpg

large.59a41cf0230de_RemoChemoGermination002.jpg

Today then I have put together some starter pots (3" square) and there's a suprise here too folks :naughty:

The suprise is that I've been thinking about how I can test these nutes and strain without it being just a straight old run, thus what I've decided to do is a comparison side by side but not only that there's a little extra too :D

The side by side is a compost (It's reused and was boosted some months ago with some FBB and around 25% coco addition, which has been 'cooking' away lovely in a compost bag) v coco grow off (the coco is from brick type that I'd purchased last year and has been hydrated and the dusty shite removed for only the decent fibres/medium desired, it's also PH balanced etc and comes from the Netherlands).

It's going to be tricky because I don't have any EC measuring devices and will be winging this from reading the plants (although this is how I always grow anyway and I'm looking forward to the challenge).

The 'extra' bit mentioned is to do with an experiment I was messing about with last year and is concerning the air pruning element of growing with consideration to the 'four inch rule' (for those unfamiliar I suggest a quick google as there's some interesting reading and findings which make absolute sense). Of course, there's nothing new in air pruning and many growers employ these techniques, what I have done though is a 'poor' man's version of an air pruning starter pot by putting holes all over a standard starter pot to form a mesh structure, it is Vince Noir that has piqued my interest with this method after reading hiis exploits and so cannot take credit for the idea of the pots, but I like learning via doing tbh and reading can only provide so much info.

Not all of the starters are air pruning pots however, what I've done is to put three seeds into compost (1 in an air prune pot) and two into the coco (1 in an air prune pot).

And so the seed is set...

large.59a41cfd6ab6f_RemoChemoGermination004.jpg

As can be seen above, when planting the seed I also put a pinch of Hormone Rooting Powder to help them on their way with getting some rootage going sharpish :yep:   Both mediums were of perfect hydration levels and so went into the propagator which is now currently sitting in my little old starter box in complete darkness...temps are 24 C and so there's not much more to say at this juncture except, many thanks for journeying in and getting this far lol (bit of an essay this opener is becoming).  I'll be updating at weekly intervals because quite soon one will be engaing with education system once more as I'm going all out for a Degree and perhaps Masters afterwards if I fit into it and who knows what else life will bring.

Until next time, thanks for watching :v:

20 people like this

Best of luck @botanics :v:

4 people like this

@SkyRider

Thanks bud, I needs it lol and will see how things pan out :v: 

3 people like this

@botanics

Hey dude nice to see you having a crack at these and as always a few little experiments on the side,i read a little and tbh i hope it is as good a medicine possible for the horrific effects of chemo,good luck with these buddy i will be watching lol

peace

3 people like this

Good luck with the grow mate and I wish you all the best going back to "school".

I have been working towards going to uni myself over the last 18 months.it's not easy,especially if you have been out of education for a long time.

3 people like this

Hey mate,

Nothing like a challenge, unless it's you in which case make it a real test lol

Doing is what living is so rock n roll , love the comparison , I've never done coco so this should be a good read. I brought some biscuits , I'll grab a seat 

:yinyang:

4 people like this

@Happy Hippy

Good to see you in here bud and hope all is well with your garden as I haven't been in for a while lately...I'll be stopping by soon enough though ;)

Yeah, they're very interesting these Remo Chemo's HH for sure and I'm fingers crossed now that I get a decent show on and display some good plants and buds, extra exciting too what with new nutrients and a bit different for me all these bottles :eek: thanks for the comments mate, means much as you know and sorry there's nowt in the jars :( all that Seedsman lot has gone now, but lovely fair play so no grumbles about being the usual greedy fucker as per my usual MO lol 

@Tete

Thanks mate appreciated and yes the education is on my mind but I did go back to college back in 03 and studied my electrical then, however this time it's a different ball game what with it being academic...can but try and no failure in doing that so yeah bring it on I say, gonna be good and well done to you too for stepping out into the beyond and improving yourself and your life, soul food is learning and I can't get enough lately, just a sponge like :v:

@Breezus

(I dunno aye this fucking dialogue box and tagging names since the site upgrades :wallbash: ) Anyways bud hope you get the notification tag and thanks man, aye I don't do things by half sometimes, but oh, I fancy pushing the boat out a bit with this run...the plan is...there is no plan lol

Some things never change eh :rolleyes: be fun mun, all good and there with them biscuits too, be sure to pass them around, we aint got the shopping in yet but it's on order, shame I aint got a jar of the right kind filled up though :naughty:  Always welcome my friend as you know :yinyang:

8 people like this

Exactly that buddy, soul food!

It's hard work sometimes but it is fun and hopefully it pays off in the end.:yep:

2 people like this

Great intro to your diary dude and a very interesting comparison. This should be a good one to follow ;)

Never done coco myself but often thought of trying it without the ec and ph meters and just reading the plants as you plan to do. So I'm looking forward to this, best of luck with it.

Nice move with the education too mate :yep:

5 people like this

@jadenugs

Hey mate good to see you in here :yep: ...yeah exciting times this 'bareback riding' on the coco eh  :fear:  well gotta have a go, it'll be a bit tricky as I wrote in the intro as I think the water here fluctuates sometimes in salt constituency, it's soft though and from the Beacons but I think a sharp eye and what with these nutes, I'm gonna have a go and see what this coco is about for rootage and end results.  Sussed my issues I reckon and in the main down to a few things, one being bad habits setting into my ways that have gone over my head :doh:  thanks Nugs for stopping by mate, hope it's a tidy show :yinyang:

6 people like this

PH balanced coco,

how do they do this mate, is dolomite lime added or something? If so would washing the dust out also remove some of the lime or whatever's been added to balance It? Sorry for the questions, just need to get my head around it lol

Sounds like a good thing and will benefit you not having a ph meter if it stays balanced throughout the grow :yep:

3 people like this

@jadenugs

:g: Hmm, now then this I don't know mate but it said on the packaging like, but what I did see is hydrate it and then the dustier shit sunk and then I transfered the decent stuff to a bag and left the finer dust like in the original bag, I've not 'flushed' it through via a lot of water etc, just hydration and manual separation as best I could because I'd read somewhere that if you run loads of water through coco  first it can upset the medium's balance so perhaps it'll be ok ? :unsure: got me thinking now bud lol  ah well 'tis an experiment and what happens, happens, c'est la vie

5 people like this

Sorry man, i know you like a challenge though lol

Seriously though, sounds like you got it covered with the way you seperated it, makes sensi :D nice one  :yep:

3 people like this

Hey @botanics great diary intro, enjoyed the read. Quite new to the forum so not caught up with all your diary's yet...but I've seen a few :yep: good stuff mate, good stuff! 

I'm also doing some remo chemo. Looking forward to see how you get on with both the seeds and nutes. Good luck dude. I'll follow along. Peace :smokin:

4 people like this

@Lotus_rouge

Hi bud, 'mi casa es su casa' as our Spanish friends would say and you're more than welcome to stick your feet up, get into the biscuits and roll a fatty if you so wish (bring your own though I'm afraid as the stash is no more at the moment), thanks for the compliments too...of the diaries previous mate the ones to go for are the Bubba Kush CBD, Industrial Plants CBD, the Bangi Haze x Psychosister (COTC winner in there) and the last one I did for the Seedsman compo (Power Africa, Somango, Blueberry and Jack Herrer) had a great balance too with plenty of info ;)  I'll have to stop by then if you're running the Remo Chemo too, all learn of eachother bud and how it should be :yinyang:

6 people like this