Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prophet

Using bud in edibles

Long story short; mother in law has cancer and 'isnt getting any better' (had it a long time). She has suggested she is open to the possibility of trying some green snacks. Now i dont grow enough to make hash/oil etc but was wondering how you could use ground bud to possibly make confectionery?

Does anybody know of any basic snacks, that'll keep over time, that can be made with bud?

Also, if you were making, say, cookies. How much would you put in each? 

Thanks

P

Dosing is something that depends on strain @Prophet and experimentation.

If you're using ground bud the main thing you need to do is read up on Decarboxylation, some other methods you can then use after is making Cannabutter or Coconut Oil infusion.

If you were to use Cocnut oil infusion you can buy medicine capsules to put the oil in and take those rather than pouring x amount of oil into a cake mix.

Yeah, firecrackers. Google it ;) Easy as it gets really.

2 people like this

Decarb some bud. Melt some chocolate . Mix the two then pour into moulds and set. 

3 people like this

I just grind up some bud and melt in straight into dark chocolate, works every time. I found that on average 4g`s to 100grams of chocolate. Just get some moulds from the shop/online and you are good to go mate, no need to make butter unless you want to.

with respect to Sam, you don`t need to do anything to the bud, just dry it.

Edited by ratdog
3 people like this

38 minutes ago, ratdog said:

I just grind up some bud and melt in straight into dark chocolate, works every time. I found that on average 4g`s to 100grams of chocolate. Just get some moulds from the shop/online and you are good to go mate, no need to make butter unless you want to.

with respect to Sam, you don`t need to do anything to the bud, just dry it.

I do the same mate, 4g's might be a bit much for a first timer,Better starting small and working up mate imho

eta  maybe some ground ginger to cover the taste

Edited by Jimboo
3 people like this

Yes, it might be tbh, I started out with 6gs, but I found it better to have 4 for me, but I smoke 5 days a week mostly so have tolerance.

I used trays with 24 blocks to a bar, so 4 gs is only 0.166gs per block, doesn`t sound a lot but it soon adds up if you eat some and forget to wait before a bong  :stoned:lol 

2 people like this

I dont weigh anything mate I just tip it in lol,I was just thinking the OP wouldn't want his mother in law having a whitey ,....or would he :g:

3 people like this

Which ever way you go, use a high potency CBD strain or she will be off her lid and never take it again.

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

I dont weigh anything mate I just tip it in lol,I was just thinking the OP wouldn't want his mother in law having a whitey ,....or would he :g:

I always weight it mate, I hate o`ding on weed. I had a friend, rip, who was a bit of an animal when it came to edibles, he gave me a cake one time, just a little one, I only ate half and was almost tripping after an hour, it was horrible lol

4 people like this

@Prophet  flapjacks are A pretty basic recipe as well mate :yes:

2 people like this

You can make the same chocolates but with 50% coconut oil/50% chocolate & a little mint essence.  The only thing is the finished chocs need to be kept in the fridge or they melt a little.  Its called Ice chocolate and is a xmas tradition.

Just warm finely ground bud in the oil before you add it to the chocolate.  A little lethicin helps with absorbtion I have read.  Just a tiny bit.

3 people like this

Thanks for the input guys.

A friend of mine we used to score off, back in the school days, his mum used to make space cakes. Everytime you went around to score she would always dish out the muffins. In my young ignorance i thought they were choc-chip. Nope, no choc in them at all :( it was hash. I ate two and couldn't drive home :unsure:

She's never taken anything illicit in her life and is as straight as they come, but she suffers. Everytime i go around without my wife she says 'and you know where all the documents are? Under the stairs', so she's under no illusion. If she's still here at crimbo she'll be doing well. Wrenching for her family as the missus lost her dad to throat cancer about two years ago :(. So it's in the genes.

The least i can do is make her something to perhaps take the edge off. I grow indicas anyway due to my small space so they are good on the CBD front, but obviously i don't want her pulling a whitey! I think we'll start with 3g/100g choc and see how we go. If memory serves it takes a good half-hour or so before it starts to kick in.

Thanks again 

2 people like this

mate I really think you are better to err on the side of caution, When treating oldies with edibles,Better giving too little the first time.I would say it would start to kick in after 45mins with a cup of tea and a choccy hobnob

take ",Wish You Were Here" round and some Dub Reggae 

2 people like this

Oh for sure. I'll give strict instructions on consumption. I'm not gonna chuck her the box and say 'enjoy!' :) 

1 person likes this