Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

flash_cannon

Help needed to get my first grow into flower and over the smokey line :)

23 posts in this topic

Hi peeps,

I've got three nice ladies Fruity Pebble from Karma on the go for my first grow. They look promising after being popped from seed in late June they are now getting big in what I guess is their fourth week of veg after a three week seedling stage? They are on 24 hour light under a Mars Reflector 48 (480w) led. 

I was going to flip them this week as I'm going away for a couple of week in late October and I thought I could finish them

by then. But then I got ambitious and I've just transplanted them from 8l pots to 20l's! The new plan is to veg for a few more weeks then flip and harvest when I get back from holiday. They may be humongous by then and space is an issue so I need some advice on training them

in their final weeks of veg and first weeks of flower, whilst they are still supple. I guess I'll start with a scrog net and tying the down? I haven't done much pruning, just some dead leaves and then low ones when I was stoned but I took off a nice one and got spooked! Can anyone also advise me on adding nutes to my Formulex Universal and Nitrozyme diet? Also any general thoughts and tips would be great! I really think these can go! 

I'll add pics pretty regularly :)

P8mBVF9.pngANVg5Os.jpgAmrC1Jf.jpg

Edited by flash_cannon
Wrong pic
1 person likes this

This is just now after transplanting 

hdgbgtn.jpg

Edited by flash_cannon
1 person likes this

@flash_cannon

are you vegging until late October early November?  if you are then the plants will be huge mate, and when you flip to flower they will stretch again maybe 2/3 times the size, your tent looks like a 1mx1m so I think it will end up way to crowded even with a net.....

if I was you I would have just flowered them in the 8L pots and they would have been finished for around the 24th October(9weeks) but now your going to need to wait a good few weeks for the roots to fill a pot that size.

fishmix is good for veg, its only £10 a bottle(1L) or just keep using your formulex mate, I used to use it but I changed to fishmix and just use the formulex for making up weak solutions to soak rootit cubes in or for misting clones and young plants but you will obviously need a flowering nute for when you switch though, there's a ton out there so just do a little research to find one you like the sound of, most are pretty much the same so don't spend money on one of the really expensive ones, biobizz is decent and its only a tenner a bottle or growers ark seems to have a decent reputation and that's around a tenner a bottle also, good luck whatever you decide to do....

1 person likes this

@craigfjyp

Ah balls! But thanks for the reply mate.

I was happy with the 8l pots but someone suggested transplanting and I got greedy! Oh well you live and learn I guesss. So now I'm going to wait / veg / train three or four weeks and flip early/mid September. They will be huge but I have this gorilla tent with an extension kit so I can raise the roof from 6 feet to 7 feet but obviously the sides won't change. Could I swap out the led for a light that can be just a few inches away from the tops and main cola's at flower time? That could help with space issues. 

Anyway, I'll try and tie them down and it's going to be an adventure / steep learning curve! 

Edited by flash_cannon
Tagged craig
1 person likes this

Day 52 from seed... looking less droopy than last night after 1.5l of good old Thames tap water Us6sn19.png

1 person likes this

@craigfjyp

One thought I had is that I could put the smallest in a spare tent that I have with a 300w LED. That would give me a bit more space. It's beggining to dawn on me that I've messed up royally! 

1 person likes this

you might be able to fit them in mate, I was just really guessing as iv never used that size tent, mines is 120x60x200 and I can fit 8 plants at a squeeze in it but that's with minimal training so its possible you could get away with it....

if you leave the pots to root out properly then you will get a better harvest than if you just used the 8L ones, iv seen a few 1 plant scrogs on here that have been done in your size tent mate, they were in some huge pots also and some have had really good crops from them.....

good luck.

1 person likes this

Thanks buddy, I will learn a lot whatever happens! 

1 person likes this

Yer mate split them if u can hard to say it but should have definitely flowered in the 8ltr pot ur girls will get massive in 20ltr pots lol did u have a little smoke before u did that it's something I would have done after a j or 3 lol but u did it now just have to deal with it but sounds like u can handle it with the other tent n light n will have lots more smoke now as there will be loads more girl to go round 

1 person likes this

@smokey bear

haha yes how did you guess? A friend commented that the pots looked small and I may as well fill the space with soil. This stuck with me and I was high one day so I did it. Now I have three trees of life on my hands, first grow! But there is nothing like in at the deep end, eh? I'll certainly learn a lot about super cropping and LST etc. Next time I'll go with 12 litres lol

So they are looking monster size in their 20l pots! They have been in there for almost a week now and I'd really like put them into flower in next next few days so that they finish before I go away. I know I should wait longer for the roots to fill out but I think leaving them

while they are in flower will be more detrimental, it's the lesser of two evils.

I'll post some pictures of the supercropping that I have done so far :)

This is my first LST attempt! I bent the main stem and squeezed it so it fell over, about 6 inches from the top. They are still supple so it was relatively easy. I might beat these space issues after all! 

I'm off to get plant ties for the lower branches and a scrog net for the top tomorrow :)

V5A0wMg.jpg

Before some light supercropping

kVb8Z44.jpg%20

Close-up 

tNot1wP.jpg