Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JaxtheXIV

My grow room and my problems.. please help

40 posts in this topic

Just want to lay down my room and equipment and hope for some advice really at why my temps are so high and some solutions . Sooo I'm working wit a 1.8 width x 1.8 depth x 1.9 height room in my loft I have insulated all around the room then a plastic waterproof sheeting all around and hen covered with Mylar sheeting .

The equipment I got are :

600 watt veg hid light / 600watt dual spec for flowering 

darkstar air cooled lighting system 5" 

5" rvk extractor fan with 5" ducting going into chimney stack 

5" carbon filter 

4 inch intake fan coming from a hole I've made between tiles 

3 x oscillating desk fans 

now my problems : as you can see from the pics I'm ready for to grow but the temps will s a MAJOR issue I get temps from 31.6 degrees and at its highest roared to a fucking 41 degrees I'm intaking fresh air but I dunno if this would help . 

My extractor is on a carbon filter and through a air cooled lighting is this a problem? Would a extractor on its own deal with the heat easier than being hooked up to a lighting system? 

I also believe the light is my main problem fuck me dirs the 600 watt sunmaster cool deluxe get HOT!!!!! If I changed too a 400 watt would it be any difference in heat ? Or even a 300watt cfl????? Would putting air vents help? large.IMG_3229.JPGlarge.IMG_3226.JPGlarge.IMG_3214.jpglarge.IMG_3224.JPGlarge.IMG_3231.JPG

I am am a novice and fast becoming addicted grower lol but I'm no expert and do need help from experienced and knowledgable people. This site has helped me so much so far I would seriously appreciate the time and help guys . Cheers before hand for any wisdom . 

1 person likes this

in your measurements are you talking feet or meters?

i have 6" extraction on a 1.2msq tent and a low powered 4" intake from window,you probably need better extraction its most likely underpowered especially if your in loft,hot air rises,definately intake fresh air from an outside source if possible.

you have an air cooled hood as well im suprised its so high :/ 

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
1 person likes this

is your mylar making hotspots?

try putting the fan and filter outside the tent that will knock a couple of deg off hopefully ,

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, H4rdc0r3 said:

in your measurements are you talking feet or meters?

i have 6" extraction on a 1.2msq tent and a low powered 4" intake from window,you probably need better extraction its most likely underpowered especially if your in loft,hot air rises,definately intake fresh air from an outside source if possible.

you have an air cooled hood as well im suprised its so high :/ 

H4rdc0r3.

Hi mate I'm talking metres , oh really u reckon a top notch 6" would do but then would that mean having to change the air hood too 6"? 

Mate it's like a radiator I can't work it out why so hot 

46 minutes ago, Subliminal Criminal said:

is your mylar making hotspots?

I've never actually looked would that make it hot? 

underpowered extraction for the size of the area its just too big mate for such small extraction,i cant recommend what size to get as ive never used bigger area than my tent,someone else will do but you need bigger than 6",did you look at peoples setups on here before you bought?

you can use this to estimate the needs of your setup/area

http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

H4rdc0r3.

7 minutes ago, H4rdc0r3 said:

underpowered extraction for the size of the area its just too big mate for such small extraction,i cant recommend what size to get as ive never used bigger area than my tent,someone else will do but you need bigger than 6",did you look at peoples setups on here before you bought?

you can use this to estimate the needs of your setup/area

http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

H4rdc0r3.

I never actually thought it would be a issue as in my head my room was on the small side . As the highest point is around 1. 8m and slopes but obviously as a newbie i have really underestimated it. I will have to now check the actual 5inch extractor and see if there's better in the size or just give a total upgrade before I germ my seeds 

an adjustable ballast would be handy ..... I tend to knock my power down when its really hot to compensate ....but as said you really need at least a decent 5" fan 

1 person likes this

aye,airflow is probably one the most important parts of the setup as they need a good supply of fresh airflow and its especially true with a hid light as they kick out serious heat which needs dealing with too,a dimmable ballast is always a good choice as well if you havent got one already its a godsend especially in a heatwave to be able to crank the 600w down to 400w.

ya fekker zero lol beat me too it as i was typing...

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
2nd place
2 people like this

Just now, zero said:

an adjustable ballast would be handy ..... I tend to knock my power down when its really hot to compensate ....but as said you really need at least a decent 5" fan 

I got a digital ballast and can knock it down would that actually help? Haven't tried it yet well worth me looking into this 

1 person likes this

Just now, H4rdc0r3 said:

aye,airflow is probably one the most important parts of the setup as they need a good supply of fresh airflow and its especially true with a hid light as they kick out serious heat which needs dealing with too,a dimmable ballast is always a good choice as well if you havent got one already its a godsend especially in a heatwave to be able to crank the 600w down to 400w.

H4rdc0r3.

Well I got great fresh air from the top of the roof coming in with a 4" intake so I'm cool there however it's a little noisy would strapping it up with  bungees be best? I have a digital dimmable ballast if I crank too 400w would that be cooler 

yeah it would be cooler ,

6 minutes ago, JaxtheXIV said:

I got a digital ballast and can knock it down would that actually help? Haven't tried it yet well worth me looking into this 

yeah mate knock it down to 400 untilyou get better extraction ... you only need it on 600 when the plants get over a certain size anyhow ..... but a nice cool environment will get you happy plants .. and try 'blowing' the air into the filter , place the filter outside the tent if possible ... you will be surprised at how warm the filter gets 

Edited by zero
1 person likes this

yea crank it down to 400w it will take a few degs off temps mate,yea theres a few on here who use bungees with good results to dampen vibrations,i used chain to hang all my kit as i already had it but most also have a fan controller to control the speed.

H4rdc0r3.

2 people like this

I guess nobody noticed the obvious, your thermometers are in direct light and therefore will give you false ambient readings. Put a shade over them and you will see an immediate difference.

8 people like this