Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

golf.007

Cannabutter with water.

So I'm about to attempt my first shot at butter and was planning on using the croc pot butter and water method.  

I have about 4.5 oz of mainly pressed rosin chips and a little bit of sugar leaf, so I have a lot of material that's weak but I want the butter to be as strong as possible even if it's just enough butter to make myself a single cookie or muffin or something.

so how little butter could I get away with adding to how much water and should I blitz the chips up first?

i hope this makes sense to someone.

Hiya fella,

personally i I would go for a gram of fat to a gram of weed. I would cut the chips into strips for increased surface area as opposed to blitzing as this would lessen the chance of getting bits in the final butter.

so maybe 150 - 200g of butter.

hope this helps 

are you going to post the results?

lil d.

@lildaveham, thanks for looking in dude.

Could I use 14g of butter to 4.5oz of chips with water added so everything is covered. 

There must be a ratio of water to butter where it stops extracting. 

I will post some some pics when I do it, probs tomorrow or Monday.

atb

Yo dude,

my thinking was was along those lines too also the rosin chips would be pre decarbed so the butter in theory should be a sleepy one.

I would not go below 1/2 a g butter to 1 g material just to be sure you get as much dissolved as you can.

Another thought would be the 14g of butter would not cover all the material and the water is there just to stop the butter burning so is not extracting anything worthwhile.

good luck fella

lil d.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:57 PM, golf.007 said:

So I'm about to attempt my first shot at butter and was planning on using the croc pot butter and water method.  

I have about 4.5 oz of mainly pressed rosin chips and a little bit of sugar leaf, so I have a lot of material that's weak but I want the butter to be as strong as possible even if it's just enough butter to make myself a single cookie or muffin or something.

so how little butter could I get away with adding to how much water and should I blitz the chips up first?

i hope this makes sense to someone.

How did you get on?

The only reason I would use water is to temperature control (excess heat energy eveaporates water rather than burning your bud)...

If you're careful and use a low enough heat (i use my rice cooker) you don't need to add any water at all.

@Mr_THC1001, it turned out ok,water was used as I wanted a stronger butter as it would of taken shit loads of butter to cover all them chips:haveadab:

On 8/18/2017 at 0:08 AM, golf.007 said:

@Mr_THC1001, it turned out ok,water was used as I wanted a stronger butter as it would of taken shit loads of butter to cover all them chips:haveadab:

Just buy coconut oil instead of butter, and dont use any water. Coconut oil gets hotter than butter. I put solid buds in it, and it came out crips like it was deep fried.