Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Absurdist

Holland campsite with nearby coffee shop

Evening all 

I'm off to Europe on my holidays soon, sailing to Amsterdam.

Can anyone recommend a campsite, anywhere in Holland, which my family would be happy to chill out in while I take a short trip to a nearby and beautifully stocked coffee shop?

Giving this one a bump

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think you are shooting a bit high.  Most campsites close to a coffeshop arent particularly family friendly ime and beautifully stocked is elusive at best.

pick any campsite you like then get the bus/taxi into town imo.  Zeeburg is very close to a coffeshop but its a bit of a party site and 1/2hr-1hr into centraal depending on your luck.

Warnsborn nr Arnheim is a lovely family campsite close to many family attractions but you would need 30mins or so to get into town unless you have a bike.  The coffeshops arent anything outstanding but adequate.

Edited by Bird
2 people like this

Try googleguff 'camping noordwijkerhout', this should bring up a lot of camping sites. There are loads of camping sites in this area to choose from.

Do a wee bit of research and find the right one for the family.

Close to Leiden and very close to Haarlem. The Dam isn't too far away either

Best holiday I ever had was 10 days in a Dutch campsite, reading, smoking and drinking and recharging my batteries. Was 20 fucking years ago. How I need something similar right now

3 people like this

Not Amsterdam , but Google gaasperplas wassanar .

Half an hour bike or bus fro  den haag or leiden. The haag is better for pot ime.

The campsite has a kind of theme park and water park with tubes etc.

The family will enjoy , and you won't feel like you're abandoning them to do nowt.

(Used to be cheaper when you got more euros for a quid..... but not bad value for holland)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Scheveningen is a lovely area, just outside Den Haag. I never stayed but there's a campsite close to the beach. The town has a few coffeeshops, though I've never been in them. Den Haag is a short tram ride away and it's a lovely city, with some cracking coffeeshops. You'd be hard pressed to find a better stocked coffeeshop than Cremers. The beach is cool too, it goes on for miles. Check out coffeeshopmenus.org to get an idea what different places have on the menu! There's also a fireworks festival there next month which would be pretty cool I reckon.

Edited by i11
5 people like this

You can walk it from Den haag to Scheveningen but it's one long straight line!  

The beach is a party place too, and a bit wild at night. Shame about the kids! Lots of action for kids there though. Bungee jumping, beach ball, ijshoorntjes. 

3 people like this

On 14/07/2017 at 5:18 PM, ramblingmadman said:

Not Amsterdam , but Google gaasperplas wassanar .

Half an hour bike or bus fro  den haag or leiden.

When I Google that I'm getting a place just outside Amsterdam, by a lake.

Posted (edited)

I have stayed in this one in Wassenar.  It's nearby.

http://www.duinhorst.nl/en/information

Edited by Bird
1 person likes this

Hey sorry dude,

Duinrell , wassanar is the right name .

1 person likes this

Thanks for the tips guys, got a few ideas now

1 person likes this