Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest uzi

Boxing

3,512 posts in this topic

I believe that may be in reference to his billing as "a force to be reckoned with" which still remains to be seen against a truly consistent opponent.

Maidana not consistent enough for ya.? Knocked out 28 of 31 opponents. A proper fighter that Khan faced and beat.

Whoa there, that was my reasoning for why where angels play said he is a quim? is it? Maidana is an animal – keeps coming, punch like a donkey's kick. But no great boxing skills. Khan, in contrast, does have elite level skills. Perhaps the best jab in boxing currently, speed to burn. But Maidana NEARLY stopped him. Their fight was a classic.

Can't understand why so many people hate Khan. He occasionally makes claims that he is "the best", "the greatest" etc But ALL boxers do this. He is certainly less mouthy and full of bullshit than many others (Mayweather, Haye etc etc).

Pac looked rusty against JM Marquez. Many thought Marquez won it. (Respect to JMM who is now 39 years old!) Perhaps now is the time for Manny to concentrate full time on his political career. I suspect that were he to fight Mayweather, Floyd would win, much as I'd be rooting for Pac (of course).

Argentina has lots of great Boxers at the mo. As well as Maidana, there is Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (undisputed middleweight champ, nobody around 154 or 160 lbs wants to fight him). And there is Lucas Matthyse – perhaps even more of a cold blooded predator than Maidana. Like Maidana his KO rate is ridiculous (26 of 29 fights or something). He was robbed in terrible decisions against both Zab Judah and Devon Alexander. In both fights his opponents were clinging on, terrified at the end. He is a classic instance of a fighter who was meant to fight the 15 round fights of the past – he's not quick or flashy, but just relentless and rock solid. Apparently all his brothers and his father AND HIS MOTHER were professional boxers back in Buenos Aires. He has an excellent cold, dead expression with the black vacant eyes of shark.

Boxing nerds on all the websites endlessly discuss the possibility of a Maidana vs Matthyse fight. Definitely the dream match-up everyone would most like to see. They both fight at 140 lbs (light-welter). And they are both so terrifying that nobody else wants to fight them. You have to give Khan respect for getting in there with Maidana and taking his best punch (though only just!).

most exciting british boxer for years nigel benn. fight anyone no hand picked who he fought against.best heavyweight fighter of all times larry holmes

I'm a big fan of Khan, I said on here a little while ago that I think he will be best fighter on the planet in a few years, he's only going to get better and stronger as he matures, and he wants to fight the best and be the best

Jamie Cox is also a good young fighter, fights under Frank Warren

Gunner

I'm a big fan of Khan, I said on here a little while ago that I think he will be best fighter on the planet in a few years, he's only going to get better and stronger as he matures, and he wants to fight the best and be the best

Jamie Cox is also a good young fighter, fights under Frank Warren

Gunner

All true enough but he's still a massive massive fucking quim.It's ridiculous how we gave him everything just because of the Olympics,we did the same with ordinary.

1 person likes this

anyone think Burns v Marquez will happen??

I'd prefer to see Khan Marquez personally. But Burns did a great job on Katsidis. But what next for Manuel? I think it's got to be Pacquiao IIII in Mexico then retirement if he wins that. I think he deserves that one big sendoff.

Burns has got loads to choose from in and around that division though. Some fantastic matchups to be made and some cracking fights over the next few years.

I'd prefer to see Khan Marquez personally. But Burns did a great job on Katsidis. But what next for Manuel? I think it's got to be Pacquiao IIII in Mexico then retirement if he wins that. I think he deserves that one big sendoff.

Burns has got loads to choose from in and around that division though. Some fantastic matchups to be made and some cracking fights over the next few years.

Good train of thought. Best always to look forward.

Nice to see familiar names in ere. Interesting discussion too. Cant get to involved right now cos I got something I need to draw for someone.

Anyway.. just wanted to make people aware of an unknown boxer. I say unknown cos everyone I ask has no idea and never heard of him. Fucking crazy story to this fella too. Ended up dead in police custody after apparently killing his wife. Crazy shit aside. Check these stats.

Edwin Valero

27 wins (27 KO). 0 loss. 0 draw.

67 rounds boxed

Think it was the first 17-18 he faught he KO each one first round. The 19th in the second. Some other fucker holds the record for longest first round KO streak. By all accounts that fella just fights people far weaker than him. From what I can figure this Valero fella didnt do that. He faught people who were thought to be at his level according to those in the know. I like his style too. Just thought some people might not know that name. So here I am to enlighten you if you dont.

:)

2 people like this

Yeah mate, I raised both eyebrows. Very interesting. I'm gonna come back to the thread in a bit when I ask others more knowledgeable than myself on him. That is a good heads up. Would have liked to have seen him in action. Going straight to the youtube.

Imo burns is a decent fighter but due to his lack of power i fail to see him reaching the very top.

What about some of the big fights in december..

Khan v Peterson.

Murray v Sturm

Froch v Ward

I fancy Khan, Sturm, and Froch but only just.

1 person likes this

Cotto v Margarito II

1st was epic, quality fight

Bisping v Miller to on UFC

Can't find the boxing on sky or the UFC, dunno what's going on

Praying Cotto wins, love him as a fighter and the way he conducts himself

Cotto v Margarito II

1st was epic, quality fight

Bisping v Miller to on UFC

Can't find the boxing on sky or the UFC, dunno what's going on

The boxing is on boxnation Gunner, and the ufc is on that fx channel, i dont have fx but im sure the tuf finals is being streamed on the ufc website. Looking foward to Chisora v Helenious and Murray v Rios aswell, top night of fights :starwars:

+1

But think margarito will stop him late again

It's hard to see this being anything other than a classic

Can't wait.

+ there's mares vs agbeko which should be a cracking fight aswell

Hope it's a good fight 2night after the big let down with the last PAC man fight I no some people on hear said about how good it was papaduc and we all can tell u know a bit about boxing with your don't anyone watch world class boxing but some of us like to see a blood and guts tear up with could be on a small show or an under card fight it's not about the fenceing boring trying to hit with out getting hit cowards way of fighting for me but hay iam not trying to sound like I no the most about boxing like some on hear

I'm rooti g for Khan, love his style and his dedication and professionalism to his job, if only Tyson had those qualities and better people around him, still the greatest fighter in my eyes

I think Khan will put on a good show tonight

Gunner