Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Al Swearengen

Thrips at start of 5th week of flower , would you spray with SBPI ?

35 posts in this topic

Hi folks , it been a while and as usual I'm looking for some help. I've read a lot of topics on SBPI but still I'm not sure what to do, and time is tickin , I should have been on this about 10 days ago when I first saw signs of thrips. It's way too late for Harkers but I'm not sure it's too late for SBPI . I have a bottle on the way and I'm currently putting about an inch of play pit sand on the top of all pots (compost) . And also going to rock some sticky traps. 

So would you guys spray with SBPI or wait it out till finish ?

Also what dosage should I go ? As what's recommended on bottle? I did read about examples of mutation after spraying with SBPI so that freeks me out a bit . 

And lastly whats the frequency of spraying is best to break the the little Cocksuckers cycle? 

I hope your all doing ok and im very greatfull for people taking the time to reply ,

Respect,

Al 

Sorry to hear about the thrips mate, never have mites but do get thrips from time to time.

TBH I personally wouldn't spray too much of anything at week 5.

How well developed are the buds? Because I'm thinking that even if you spray them, I don't think you will clear the plants of thrips totally.

Pain in the arse they really are.

3 people like this

i just tryed everything to get rid thrips:furious: nemsay, neem,ladybirds and pyrethrum which kill on contact, my buds just starting so no more trying to control just going to live with them, if in flower nemsay won't leave any residues.

it's not actually that bad kinda under control but just can't get rid, goodluck rather than one dose it has to be managed once a week to keep on top of them:yinyang:

Need to check out SBPI see if it anygood:george:

Edited by Percygrower_420
2 people like this

Hey Greenvision , thanks stop for dropping by man .  I must say I am very reluctant to spray anything in flower  too. Although I do think from now on I'll spray them with Harkers before I flip just incase. The buds on most varietys are starting to form nicely, formation is exactly as expected at 5 weeks for 9 -10 week varietys. The pants look healthy, most of the damage is worse at the bottom but you will still see some silver trails higher up. Resin is starting to build well. 

Im edging on the side of not spraying currently, 

Little feckers , this ain't the first , but I usually have them dead latest by the second week of flower. 

, I'll keep a tight eye on them , cheers mate 

How a ya  Percy man ? Nice one for dropping in mate, seems you've been through a battle yourself . Little shits,  I've been battling fungus gnats too, and a combo of nematodes, sticky traps and bottom feeding had really kept them to a minimum, the sand at the top and bottom of the pots will help too. 

Thanks for your advice man , I'm going to check out nemsay now and read up a bit . 

Would like to source some spinosad for the future , can only find it in the states though . 

I hope your harvest is good and you keep the little cunts at bay ,

cheers , Al 

1 person likes this

all good dude, EM1 lookes good but same thing only in the states. i'm a little annoyed cos i think i'll be bring them into my next grow, i think pyrethrum is going to be most effective.

hope you keep it under control.Sure u know spray underneath leaves , i was tipping the pots on it's side,spraying and spinning, underneath seem to be most important:smokin:

2 people like this

i just rolled a fucking spliff with no sticky side<_<not good start:D you might be able to get bug bombs for thrips but not sure if ok to use in flower:oldtoker::yinyang:

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Percygrower_420 said:

i just rolled a fucking spliff with no sticky side<_<not good start:D

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this.

It's worse when you don't discover your error until the spliff is well lit...:wallbash:

5 people like this

@Gerfish I was Half way thru:rofl::D:soap:DOH

1 person likes this

I hate it when that happens to the old Joints , haha

Wont be using a bug bomb but thanks for the heads up, SBPi arrives tomorrow. 

Waiting to hear from more folks who have used it this far in flower before I even consider  it . 

Cheers folks

1 person likes this

My advice is to spray SBPI on a sample before you spray the whole lot. I say this because I have sprayed twice with it at around the same time as you. The first time everything was good but the second time I did it the pistils went brown and they virtually stayed the same size. It just stopped them in their tracks and they didn't grow any bigger

Owd

7 people like this

Hi Owd thanks for the advice there man , and if I do decide to use sbpi I will do a test as you said , seems best way is proceed with caution . Wonder why some folks have had a positive and and others negative results  like you have ?  

By trying to help them , I don't want to fuck them up and make them worse.

thanks a lot man 

Soap or wetting agent with water will knock back thrips with no negative affect on the leaves.

SB has a high nitrogen content so not sure how your plants would deal with this at week 5 flower.

Good luck.:smokin:

1 person likes this

large.DSC_0019.jpg

Pretty sure I've got thrip larvae hiding under leaves too. Just so happen to be in week 5 too! Have been battling them for a few weeks now. Classic snail-trail marks on the tops of a few leaves of one plant and found a few of the yellow larvae (see pic above). I've been manicuring affected leaves and spraying down with plant invigorator... They haven't got any worse but also clearly still there. Like Al, I don't want to make my buds worse. I'm assuming they don't really go for the buds but prefer the leaves? Something that can be taken care of at harvest? 

Edited by Shink
1 person likes this

Hi @Shink , sorry I only saw your reply now mate. There little feckers these  thrips. Does look like there larvae from your pic above . I went down the sand and sticky traps route and it's seemed to keep them at bay. I'd say I'll make fresh frozen hash out of any lower bits that have been effected. I'm not far off finishing now , some varietys will get the chop next week and some the following week , than a few remainders need an extra week again . I think the thrips have slowed down everything a bit but nothing major . 

They seem to not go for the buds , maybe the lower spindly stuff that I missed when I gave the bottoms a good trim back but as I said I'll just hash those effected bits . I hope when there hanging that the thrips will  feck off and leave the harvest as to dry as normal . From what I've read it seems to be the case. 

Good luck in getting to the end mate , nearly there 

1 person likes this