Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

walnutpolecat

greenhouse round 2

so wasn't sure if I was gonna do a diary and this one will be less detailed than the last.  but these diaries are what really helped me through my first grow and if anything I do helps one person that's what really matters, or just learn from my mistakes.

last year my photoperiods from female seeds did really well despite a bit of mold.  this year a couple autos are my main focus, DP auto Durban and auto duck. will be doing a purple maroc and one of my free seeds, not decided yet.  but those will go out end of june.

so far only drama has been the little duck, been slow to start and I had to surgically remove the seed pod as she flopped over and was very pale.  she is up and doing just fine but it was a scary moment.

Iv still got them under the t5's as the weather has been so bad.  my cucumbers in the greenhouse have really suffered.  I can see a change anytime soon for the weather just got my fingers crossed cause the lights are on maximum hight!!!!

5 people like this

2 hours ago, walnutpolecat said:

so wasn't sure if I was gonna do a diary and this one will be less detailed than the last.  but these diaries are what really helped me through my first grow and if anything I do helps one person that's what really matters, or just learn from my mistakes.

last year my photoperiods from female seeds did really well despite a bit of mold.  this year a couple autos are my main focus, DP auto Durban and auto duck. will be doing a purple maroc and one of my free seeds, not decided yet.  but those will go out end of june.

so far only drama has been the little duck, been slow to start and I had to surgically remove the seed pod as she flopped over and was very pale.  she is up and doing just fine but it was a scary moment.

Iv still got them under the t5's as the weather has been so bad.  my cucumbers in the greenhouse have really suffered.  I can see a change anytime soon for the weather just got my fingers crossed cause the lights are on maximum hight!!!!

How surgical are we talking??

I just had to split some seeds that wouldn't pop and has to chuck 2 out of 3 that turned into some foul smell grot. One kept its root though so have whacked it in some soil and am hoping for the best! 

Hey viking. Got some tweezers and squashed the shell it did make a cracking noise but still wouldn't let go. Sprayed it with water about 3 times in an hour to try and soften it. Then where the split was I got the flat side of the tweezers and stuck it in there and twisted. I was super careful with the whole process. Did the job but I was prepared for the worst. 

Wish I took some pics. 

Sounds more barbarian than surgeon lol

2 people like this

I'm sure this has been discussed more times than one would like but can someone explain or point me in the right direction for uploading pics please.  On Samsung phone. 

Please and thank you

2 people like this

Nice mate, I enjoyed your diary last year.

Uploading pics...

3 lines top right, account, profile, scroll down to activity and click, then click albums, select the album you want, scroll to the bottom click add images(?), I'm sure you can work the rest out ;)

We are growing the same weed and having the same cucumber problems lol

I'll pull up a chair....

Ah beezee it was the activity button that escaped me. Appreciate that. I'll pop some pics on soonish.

Ah yes dam cucumbers just not happening. Toms are doing well though. Ahh who cares the weed is doing good.

1 person likes this

Ha I only found it by luck.

What's wrong with your cucumbers, my marketmore seem ok, just a bit slow getting going.

large.20170517_171612_1495046101038_2.JPG

Durban on the left and duck on the right. 

The durbans doing well and gonna go in the ground tomorrow. She's grown a bit since this pic. The ducks still under lights as she can still fit.  

Beezee half the cucumbers died just dried out and yellow the survivors started flowering early. I'm only new to this veg stuff so am baffled as last year they were amazing and haven't done anything different? Weather's been crap but I also used old compost.  Oh well I'm sure this new batch will be better.

Forgot to say I used those root cubes to propagate in biobizz allmix. The shop didn't have plant magic and he rated the biobizz so I just went for it.  He chucked in a sample packed of charge so made up for the price difference. 

The plants are looking really nice, green and more healthy than ever so might be the soil, might be the charge  but I'm very happy with the results so far.

Gonna use old timers grow and bloom when it comes to it but that's it. 

Got horse manure and the chickens bed poops in the greenhouse beds just for luck.

1 person likes this

Be careful with that charge mate, it's strong stuff. I use one scoop to about 10l of water when I'm making my comfrey tea which is then diluted to a gulg per gallon (watering can full) lol

My old man reuses compost, it's crap ha ha, best place for it is on the compost heap or the flower bed. Defo don't use it in pots :)

1 person likes this

large.20170522_172511_1495489456378_1.JPG

Just a quick one of the durban in her final spot. Used the non potting up method. Just cut holes in that pot and stuck it in the ground. Thought I'd be clever and put copper tape round the top? No slugs yet.

Watered with molasses for now. 

Have a good week everyone will update soon. Peace

6 people like this

How fucken useless have I been. Damn. My excuse is we've an added member to the family..... three why oh why did I do it.

This post will be more verbal than visual as I really hate the new way of doing it.

The auto Duran is down after 80 days she wasn't ready but mold set in so I'm very disappointed. Final weight after dry and short cure is 2.3oz  not to pleased bit I just hope it tastes good.  

large.20170707_162810_1501357843197_1.JPG

Auto duck is ok she's slowed down and the yellow dry leaves are concerning me so iv posted in the problem section.

large.20170729_183045_1501356563227_1.JPG

Iv got a maroc, c99 and sour diesel in pots. Doing good but this year seems have through a few challenges my way so expecting something to go tits up.

Probably be a while now before another post but cheers for checking in. 

Now I need a minute to catch up on all of ya'll posts iv missed.

PEACE

7 people like this