Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dizzy1

Help! Elecrical check looms :(

I'm smack bang in the middle of three plants flowering. Have been trying to put off electrical check until they have finished doing their thing, but have been unsuccessful.

Would like to know if they will be okay to be moved into a shed outdoors temporarily before the appointment without doing them too much harm. 

My lights have been on from around 9:30 am to 9:30 pm

The only solution I can think of is moving them out of the house the day/night before where there are no electrical points to check. The tent will have to come down and be put back up again afterwards.

What an absolute pain! :(

Anyone else got any ideas? Does it matter if they receive less than the 12 hours of light?

I'm in a bit of a panic. Check is on 23rd May between hours of 8:00 am to 12:00 pm

Would be grateful if someone could check on my diary and give me a rough estimate of how far off plants are from finishing too.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dizzy1

As you're in flower,the plants will be fine with less than 12hrs light. They need at LEAST 12hrs dark to maintain flower.ATB.

1 person likes this

Yep maintain the dark part of the  cycle.  Doesn't matter how long really.  As long as it's over twelve hours it doesn't matter how long the dark period is.

Bin liners are good to keep them dark dark and keep the pong down. 

3 people like this

Thank you! That's good to know. As much as it will be a pain. Think moving them and putting tent/equipment out of sight for a couple of hours is most sensible option.

3 people like this

I am housing association tennant and I had my 10 yearly electrical inspection last year, lucky it was in the summer so my flower tent was dismantled and packed away.

He checked the fuse box and also tested random sockets in each room of the flat.

The good thing is once it's done you are good to go for the next 10 years. 

I had a new boiler fitted once and had a grow on the go in my bed room. He started checking the valves on my rads so I told him my girlfriend was a nurse who was working nights was asleep in my bed room so he can't test the one in there. He was fine about it and never went in.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

As you're in flower,the plants will be fine with less than 12hrs light. They need at LEAST 12hrs dark to maintain flower.ATB.

Ok lights come on at 09:30 check is between 8 and 12 bag the girls up and move them as soon as they start there dark cycle on 22nd  put them in ya shed they shouldn't be to smelly if only 3 weeks flower plus it's dark and ya neighbours wont see  don't tie bags let them breath .. Then get going on ya room take tent down clean room Hoover do the full hit on it. Once he's gone you got a great grow room spotless and you won't have any reason for come backs from election dude . Once he's done build tent put everything back as is then put girls back you won't hurt them as long as you start your cycle again . I had power cut once and had no lights for 24 hours and mine were fine. Hope this helps 

2 people like this