Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Outdoor cheap greenhouse haveagrow!

260 posts in this topic
50 minutes ago, Moobman said:

I've got an outdoor auto almost ripe for harvest @ lat 53 started mid march with a few others ready to go my diary is in the dinafem section 

Nice one man I'll be checking that out once I've wrote my update! It's a real pain using a mobile for this! 

1 person likes this

Bank holiday update:

So today we were going to visit the botanical gardens in Bham for this dinosaur exhibit with the kids but decided to give it a miss in light of the recent attacks in Manchester. Figured the likelihood of something happening is so slim but why take the risk this close to such a sad event. Especially with the nippers :(. So cheers Isis, no dinosaurs for us! 

Anyway, I had time to get out this morning, get some photo's and test out some ground. As I mentioned before the seeds have now changed a little so here's a new run down of everything going on in Skull Island. 

Blue Treacle auto's x2 - Flowering week 3ish

Cookies Kush - X1 veg week 900 it feels like 

Pineapple Express (G13) - x1- Veg

Pineapple Express (Fastbuds) - x1 - veg

Auto Ak (Advanced Fem seeds) - x3 - seedling

Critical Kush (Barneys) Fem - x1 - seedling (final pot)

Critical Kush auto (barneys) - x1- seedling 

Pineapple Chunk (Barneys) - x1- seedling

Chronic Thunder (Barneys) - x1- seedling 

First and foremost then here's the Blue Treacles (sorry if you're sick of seeing these by now!) 

large.IMG_0676.JPG

They are coming on well and really bushing up.

Here's a shot of the seedlings large.IMG_0671.JPGlarge.IMG_0673.JPGlarge.IMG_0677.JPG

The Critical below is in the homemixed soil I mentioned in an earlier post. It's loving it too! Thanks @Lea Valley. The other babies are in just biobizz light until they go into their final pots. 

Sadly the Blue Cheese didn't survive. Never mind! 

My real bit of happiness lies with these 3 fuckers though:

large.IMG_0678.JPG

Just look how much they've picked up! Only 2/3 days ago I was ready to pull them and start over but thanks to this great weather and the advice from you guys I've managed to get them dried out and bring them back to life using micro doses of nutrients, Foliar spray and Epsom salts. Now I know they still don't look like the greatest plants on earth but I am beyond pleased with them at this stage. 

I've done away with the LST attempts for now as I feel I will probably do more harm than good at this stage and they are still going strong. 

I got my final 4 pots today (thanks B+M) so will be potting these up as soon as they are big enough. I also made a compulsory trip to Poundland and bought another 5 bricks of coco ready for mixing and a box of bonemeal. 

My only questions at this stage are:

1) Is the Micco's I used more or less the same as bonemeal or can I use the two simultaneously? I.e when mixing can I add both or one or the other?

2) Can I use biobizz all mix in place of a John Innes style food? I was going to base layer the pots with biobizz all mix for future ferts and then mix the coir, MP compo and micco's (and bonemeal?) with a dusting of bio buzz light mix on top. 

3) Is it too late in the year to dig out some of my garden and use for planting? I understand if I haven't prepped the land the year prior I may have trouble growing, not to mention leavin the soil to 'cook' with any additional i add to the natural ground. 

Thats all I can think of right now guys! Hope you're enjoying the ride :) I'm loving it. 

GV

7 people like this

1 hour ago, GrowingViking said:

Hahah probably! I've had varied success with the Barney's freebies I've had in as far as germing. About 90% worked but a fair few didn't. 

I was looking forward to the blue cheese and the blue mammoth I had, but surprise surprise, they died! Haha. The Cheese I think either my dog or my mrs hit the stem, neither of them will admit it though, no matter how many treats I offer :'). The mammoth popped and started but then just gave up on life. 

The Stems on my BT's are massive. They are even doubling the size of my sunflower stems at this point, maybe even tripling! Harsh breezes have done them a favour. 

All about that breeze:fart: The AK I did had a nice big ol stem. I remember you mentioning you thought the dog had taken a go at it:( I dropped the lid on the 3 barneys we've just planted outside, not my finest hour but im hoping for nothing so anythings a bonus. Couple of stakes and cable ties:D Do you do any indoor growing or all outdoors?

1 person likes this

Shame about the blue cheese I've never done it outdoors but i know indoors its my fav cheese strain about these days Barney's must have a proper cut of cheese unlike most breeders because it kicks arse 

Edited by Moobman
2 people like this

@GrowingViking 

Looking good. Nice waves of plants should see you filling some jars if you carry on. 

By Micco you mean Mycorrhizal root grow. This is a fungal and bacterial supplement that forms a symbiotic beneficial relationship with the plant. I brought TNC Mycorrmax 

Bone meal is organic N and P. Read up on both to understand what you are using and why. Both are root development related but in different ways. 

Yes you can use them together but with fresh compo and applications of the Bio B liquid feeds why would you need to add this ? Autos don't like high feeds and less is more with these plants. Read up about feeding in the Auto section. 

Surprised you cant find the John Innes. My local garden centre stock it. £4.00 for the No 1,2 and 3. It doesn't really matter, I just avoid Grow shops,  they make money out of people by selling them something at three times the price because they changed the sticker and replaced it with one with a ganja leaf on it. 

Use the soil you've got, if it works and you like it then buy it again. 

What plants are you planning to do in the garden, Photo or Auto ? You're talking about soil prep. In a Guerrilla situation it's important, in the back garden then just use the soil mix and treat as the Autos but give em more feed. Then if it works this year read up on prep and soil stuff to make a better job next year. 

Spiders. Don't worry about em. Just brush em off and pull any leaves pulled together apart and remove the cottonwool egg sac inside. 

Dont love em to death.  

Now we both just need some large dollops of sunshine lol

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Lea Valley said:

@GrowingViking 

Looking good. Nice waves of plants should see you filling some jars if you carry on. 

By Micco you mean Mycorrhizal root grow. This is a fungal and bacterial supplement that forms a symbiotic beneficial relationship with the plant. I brought TNC Mycorrmax 

Bone meal is organic N and P. Read up on both to understand what you are using and why. Both are root development related but in different ways. 

Yes you can use them together but with fresh compo and applications of the Bio B liquid feeds why would you need to add this ? Autos don't like high feeds and less is more with these plants. Read up about feeding in the Auto section. 

Surprised you cant find the John Innes. My local garden centre stock it. £4.00 for the No 1,2 and 3. It doesn't really matter, I just avoid Grow shops,  they make money out of people by selling them something at three times the price because they changed the sticker and replaced it with one with a ganja leaf on it. 

Use the soil you've got, if it works and you like it then buy it again. 

What plants are you planning to do in the garden, Photo or Auto ? You're talking about soil prep. In a Guerrilla situation it's important, in the back garden then just use the soil mix and treat as the Autos but give em more feed. Then if it works this year read up on prep and soil stuff to make a better job next year. 

Spiders. Don't worry about em. Just brush em off and pull any leaves pulled together apart and remove the cottonwool egg sac inside. 

Dont love em to death.  

Now we both just need some large dollops of sunshine lol

Thanks! Super helpful.

I was going to stick one Fem photo in and another auto in the back of the garden. I checked the ground yesterday and it was solid because of all the sunshine but (kind of) fortunately it pissed it down last night so I'm going to get out today and turn it over ready for some holes. 

I did find the John Innes but still had shitloads of MP compo and BB all/light mix kicking around at home so thought if I just subbed the JI for the All mix it would be fine. I've just read a few threads saying the all mix can run a bit hot so I didn't want to risk burning up my plants this early. So I figured a base layer of all mix. Then an MP coco mix with some micco's with some BB light on top should be able to keep the plant from OD'ing. 

I cannot promise I won't love these buggers to death. The realisation that I may actually have a product at the end of this whole thing is still throwing me for a loop haha :'). 

We've been lucky with the sun all week. It's been roasting, but we had our first downpour last night of about 2 inches of rain. Greenhouse saves the day again! 

2 people like this

@GrowingViking 

What is the Photo plant strain? Needs to be one that can finish in the UK 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Lea Valley said:

@GrowingViking 

What is the Photo plant strain? Needs to be one that can finish in the UK 

Either the Pineapple chunk and/or the Chronic Thunder 

I don't have experience with these strains. Do your homework before you go ahead, ask around on here. The PC is more of a indoor plant I think. It may work and sometimes trying the freebie Seeds can pay off. It can also end in a complete mould fest. I have plenty of these Seeds but prefer to pay for strains that will perform for sure in my environment. In the garden a photo can get big so for the risk you want a certainty not a maybe. 

2 people like this

19 hours ago, Moobman said:

Shame about the blue cheese I've never done it outdoors but i know indoors its my fav cheese strain about these days Barney's must have a proper cut of cheese unlike most breeders because it kicks arse 

I saw some video saying they originated the strain. This'll be my first time ever trying anything ( apart from going to Amsterdam once) that's organically grown from a seed co. I've always just paid and never grown so I'm excited to see the differences. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Lea Valley said:

I don't have experience with these strains. Do your homework before you go ahead, ask around on here. The PC is more of a indoor plant I think. It may work and sometimes trying the freebie Seeds can pay off. It can also end in a complete mould fest. I have plenty of these Seeds but prefer to pay for strains that will perform for sure in my environment. In the garden a photo can get big so for the risk you want a certainty not a maybe. 

As far as risk goes, my garden is open for my neighbours to see to be honest. The greenhouses don't provide any real cover and when they're out in the sun...we'll, they're out in the sun! If anything whacking a couple into the back of my garden is probably the most covert thing to do. 

I've checked on the manufacturers site and they say it's suitable (but what one doesn't?) and there's a few mixed opinions on here. Tbh for the couple of freebies (that don't look like they might even become proper seedlings at this point) I'm not too fussed :). 

So so long as I harvest something off of some of my plants I'll feel like I've achieved something! 

1 person likes this

On 28/05/2017 at 8:10 PM, anarchycamp said:

All about that breeze:fart: The AK I did had a nice big ol stem. I remember you mentioning you thought the dog had taken a go at it:( I dropped the lid on the 3 barneys we've just planted outside, not my finest hour but im hoping for nothing so anythings a bonus. Couple of stakes and cable ties:D Do you do any indoor growing or all outdoors?

The most I do indoors is on the windowsill mate. I bought a 150w CFL and reflector but tbh I haven't got the space at home to use them and I can't really be arsed with the hassle of installing fans etc etc. So it's just sitting there...doing nothing haha. Not the best use of money.

All my stuff goes straight from shelf to the great outdoors! 

And you? 

Just got home and found the first signs of frost on the two Blue's.

large.IMG_0683.PNG

I've noticed a few amber trichs also. I'm assuming that there's bound to be a few that mature way faster than they should, what's the verdict? Is this normal? Definitely weeks and weeks away from harvesting yet so i guess I'm concerned this could signal the beginning of the end?? Probably overreacting! 

4 people like this

Looking fine mate, there is always a couple of ambers :yep:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, uberowl said:

Looking fine mate, there is always a couple of ambers :yep:

I thought as much! Cheers buddeh  :) 

1 person likes this