Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Outdoor cheap greenhouse haveagrow!

260 posts in this topic
20 hours ago, botanics said:

If you're gonna make them ride the lightning then use a couple of 1.5 V AA's as it won't smoke them but just deter them, 9V PP3's can kill them... why kill them when they just trying to survive is all, just prevention is better :yinyang:

@botanics @Lea Valley I have nothing for slug/snail protection yet. I've been lucky so far... however I have had a rather nasty infestation on my Blue Treacle (Biggie) ... spiders! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

Invasion of the buddy snatchers...

I found a shit load of baby spiders chilling out under the leaf of one of my Blue Treacles earlier. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I said. I took a small garden stick and mollywhopped as many as I could out of it and then proceeded to spray both my BT's to death with my homemade spray (breaking both my sprayers, Poundland! You have forsaken me!!). 

Are these little bastards a death sentence or what? I saw a doc once about spiders on plants and how this fella's grow was essentially ruined because of it. What's the verdict? Hysteria? Or am I up spider shit creek without a web to lay on? 

Going to start reading up now but all advice welcome, just needed to get this off my chest. 

1 person likes this

wouldn't worry about it mate

good luck :)

1 person likes this

Some progress on the bud front for the two Blue Treacles. They are getting very hairy now and are starting to come up everywhere. The red specks are from my chilli spray. 

large.IMG_0662.PNGlarge.IMG_0661.PNGlarge.IMG_0660.PNG

3 people like this

Pre-update update 

I have had some success with the new batches and some failures here and there. All of my numbers are now off in comparison to last time I gave a full seed update so tomorrow I will do a full run down of what's going on now that I have all of my seedlings shooting up. 

Again, the advice on here has been super helpful and already my new seedlings are doing far better than my first round thanks to what I've learnt! Cheers everyone. 

Full update tomorrow. Hope everyone is making the most out of this great weather! 

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

Pre-update update 

I have had some success with the new batches and some failures here and there. All of my numbers are now off in comparison to last time I gave a full seed update so tomorrow I will do a full run down of what's going on now that I have all of my seedlings shooting up. 

Again, the advice on here has been super helpful and already my new seedlings are doing far better than my first round thanks to what I've learnt! Cheers everyone. 

Full update tomorrow. Hope everyone is making the most out of this great weather! 

nice start to the season 

1 person likes this

On 21/05/2017 at 9:24 AM, GrowingViking said:

large.IMG_0636.PNGlarge.IMG_0634.PNGlarge.IMG_0633.PNGlarge.IMG_0632.PNG

So here are the new seeds, and the LST I have had a go at on cookies kush and the two Pineapple Express plants. What's the verdict? Does this look remotely correct? I think I've given it a good even spread where I can. The plants are still quite young in size so I was as careful as I could be with them. 

Well impressed with the garden wire from Poundland though! Really flexible and really sturdy. 

Let me me know if you think they could be improved. 

Here's just a growth shot of the smallest Blue Treacle auto. I'm seeing loads of preflower now all over the place on these plants. I counted around 7/8 different spots just on this one alone. I'm not sure if that's standard fayre or what but I'm pleased. Hopefully they get nice and thick and frosty! 

large.IMG_0635.PNG

They are looking really healthy too in my opinion. A few brown spots as I mentioned before but that's it! Some massive deep green leaves on them. 

We grew the automatic AK by advanced female too, buying a 5 pack for our next grow, smelt great, would have probably tasted great too

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Moobman said:

nice start to the season 

Thanks buddy! I had a shaky start but am turning things around now. 

11 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

We grew the automatic AK by advanced female too, buying a 5 pack for our next grow, smelt great, would have probably tasted great too

Would have...? Don't tell me this one got the sadistic chopping as well :( 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

Would have...? Don't tell me this one got the sadistic chopping as well :( 

Oh yeah, it was an advanced female auto ak and lsd25 auto fastbuds that got the tomato treatment:( AK at the top, LSD at the bottom. For my first grow the AK was a sight to beholdlarge.IMGP2908.jpglarge.IMGP2906.jpg

But... we now have a Sugar Mama auto and Green Crack auto started in a propagation tent, moving them into a 4ft tent tonight and germinating a couple more freebie autos(critical and an auto ak). Planted a double berry, blue cheese,cookies and lsd outdoors today, not putting any effort into them though as I dont want to up the risk too much and its not the best spot in the world, bit of watering here and there sort of thing. Will start an indoor diary once we've moved them over:D Happy harvesting!

4 people like this

I've never pictured it till now but I can imagine mum stunk...

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

I've never pictured it till now but I can imagine mum stunk...

Those looked great! What a shame you never got to sample them. Better luck this year though eh.

All my Blue Cheese either didn't pop or died :(. My Cookies from Barneys is finally on the up though (pics coming).

All of mine have been windowsill to pots to be honest. We do have a little propagation box but I've not bothered with it. I managed to time this next lot well with the weather so windowsill has been just fine so far! 

2 of the seedlings I have will be going in the ground at the back of the garden if the verdict is I've still got enough time to plant outdoors rather than pot. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

Those looked great! What a shame you never got to sample them. Better luck this year though eh.

All my Blue Cheese either didn't pop or died :(. My Cookies from Barneys is finally on the up though (pics coming).

All of mine have been windowsill to pots to be honest. We do have a little propagation box but I've not bothered with it. I managed to time this next lot well with the weather so windowsill has been just fine so far! 

2 of the seedlings I have will be going in the ground at the back of the garden if the verdict is I've still got enough time to plant outdoors rather than pot. 

I'd have thought you've got time of course! Ta pal, they did look(lsd looked a bit crapish) and smell pretty nice, got to try some of the lsd which knocked me for six so hope the lsd photoperiod will be similar.

I think we got the same free barneys pack haha, the blue cheese is pretty small but sturdy, the cookies also looks pretty good. I wont knock barneys farm seeds as I dont buy them, so far out of 5 only 1 hasnt germinated. The double berry is a feminized seeds one the missus wanted, thats a couple of weeks ahead and looked pretty set in the ground:D We stuck a couple of pots in the windowsill and they seemed to get a lot of stretch and not enough bulk in the stem, popped them back under the light and fan breeze and they thickened out All the autos are just paper towel then, jiffy pellets then final pots under LED apart from the outdoor ones they went in small pots then straight into the ground after a week.

2 people like this

I've got an outdoor auto almost ripe for harvest @ lat 53 started mid march with a few others ready to go my diary is in the dinafem section 

3 people like this

3 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

I'd have thought you've got time of course! Ta pal, they did look(lsd looked a bit crapish) and smell pretty nice, got to try some of the lsd which knocked me for six so hope the lsd photoperiod will be similar.

I think we got the same free barneys pack haha, the blue cheese is pretty small but sturdy, the cookies also looks pretty good. I wont knock barneys farm seeds as I dont buy them, so far out of 5 only 1 hasnt germinated. The double berry is a feminized seeds one the missus wanted, thats a couple of weeks ahead and looked pretty set in the ground:D We stuck a couple of pots in the windowsill and they seemed to get a lot of stretch and not enough bulk in the stem, popped them back under the light and fan breeze and they thickened out All the autos are just paper towel then, jiffy pellets then final pots under LED apart from the outdoor ones they went in small pots then straight into the ground after a week.

Hahah probably! I've had varied success with the Barney's freebies I've had in as far as germing. About 90% worked but a fair few didn't. 

I was looking forward to the blue cheese and the blue mammoth I had, but surprise surprise, they died! Haha. The Cheese I think either my dog or my mrs hit the stem, neither of them will admit it though, no matter how many treats I offer :'). The mammoth popped and started but then just gave up on life. 

The Stems on my BT's are massive. They are even doubling the size of my sunflower stems at this point, maybe even tripling! Harsh breezes have done them a favour.