Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Outdoor cheap greenhouse haveagrow!

258 posts in this topic
12 hours ago, walnutpolecat said:

Arrgh don't get me started on the weather man its been absolute bull shit. Plants are a couple weeks old now and I can only think we've had one good day of sun. Glad I got some lights for this year's propagation. 

Those are some thick stems uv got there.

Good luck.

I bought a little 150w CFL but never followed through with getting a tent etc. Bottled it Haha. That said I'm considering just setting the light up in a little cupboard for my baby ones. 

The stems are thick right?! I just Thought maybe I was imagining it but they do seem huge!

2 people like this

I just bought 3x Auto Ultimate - Dutch Passion that includes 5 freebies from Barneys.

what even is my life :') I have no idea where this is all going to go! I'm getting addicted...

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

I just bought 3x Auto Ultimate - Dutch Passion that includes 5 freebies from Barneys.

what even is my life :') I have no idea where this is all going to go! I'm getting addicted...

It is addictive..... I feel like a kid in a sweet shop that wants to try them all lol . I do have more den enuff now tho so I'm trying to content myself with that lol .

2 people like this

1000 views! Wow! I never thought anyone would even look at this tbh but thanks for taking an interest everyone! Here's to loads more! 

Thanks for all the help so far guys. Looking forward to the ride! 

2 people like this

PH whaaaaaaaat??

I'm getting a bit lost with ph's right about now. I've not bothered with any ph testing etc as I'm using tap water, don't have an RO kit or distiller so just made do with what I had access to. 

I've been looking at getting some calmag as I've got a few brown spots here and there and I think this might help (?) from what I've read. I then thought that I'd need a ph tester and some ph+\-. 

I dont know though, this is supposed to be a nice and cheap amateur organic grow so I think I might just leave it seeing as I've already invested in some more pricey nutes, bits of kit etc.

what do you guys think? Drop another £30 on some more gear??

18 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

It is addictive..... I feel like a kid in a sweet shop that wants to try them all lol . I do have more den enuff now tho so I'm trying to content myself with that lol .

They didn't have the seeds so now I'm getting 5 auto ak's plus 5 freebies. Oh lord!

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

PH whaaaaaaaat??

I'm getting a bit lost with ph's right about now. I've not bothered with any ph testing etc as I'm using tap water, don't have an RO kit or distiller so just made do with what I had access to. 

I've been looking at getting some calmag as I've got a few brown spots here and there and I think this might help (?) from what I've read. I then thought that I'd need a ph tester and some ph+\-. 

I dont know though, this is supposed to be a nice and cheap amateur organic grow so I think I might just leave it seeing as I've already invested in some more pricey nutes, bits of kit etc.

what do you guys think? Drop another £30 on some more gear??

You only need to adjust the ph if your using coco/hydro, compost/soil will buffer the ph for you.

if you want a mag boost use Epsom salts @ £3 a box.

Keep it simple :yep:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, beezee said:

You only need to adjust the ph if your using coco/hydro, compost/soil will buffer the ph for you.

if you want a mag boost use Epsom salts @ £3 a box.

Keep it simple :yep:

Excellent advice! I went to a garden centre yesterday and asked if they had any salts but I think it's going to have to be another online jobby! 

Do do you just dissolve them in water and then water the plants? 

Thanks Beezee! 

1 person likes this

@GrowingViking

5ml teaspoon/L with epsom salts mate, foliar spray if in veg, all over, underside of leaves and good soaking etc (little bit of seaweed extract too - 1ml/L, gets it into them fast, for blooming plants though best as a drench ;)

3 people like this

4 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Excellent advice! I went to a garden centre yesterday and asked if they had any salts but I think it's going to have to be another online jobby! 

Do do you just dissolve them in water and then water the plants? 

Thanks Beezee! 

They have it in all the garden centres by me, usually by the fertilisers.

I just throw it down around the plants, it'll dissolve when it rains

Edit just realised your in a greenhouse, put it on the compost and water in.

Edited by beezee
2 people like this

6 hours ago, botanics said:

@GrowingViking

5ml teaspoon/L with epsom salts mate, foliar spray if in veg, all over, underside of leaves and good soaking etc (little bit of seaweed extract too - 1ml/L, gets it into them fast, for blooming plants though best as a drench ;)

Nice one! I'll give it a whack. I picked up some liquid seaweed t'other day and will be having it out tomorrow once the salts arrive. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, beezee said:

They have it in all the garden centres by me, usually by the fertilisers.

I just throw it down around the plants, it'll dissolve when it rains

Edit just realised your in a greenhouse, put it on the compost and water in.

Awesome thanks. I'm setting up a section of my garden to go full outdoors so will do this then! 

Low stress, pest control and cloning pineapples...

So today I decided to see if I could wrangle some of the smaller plants that are still in veg and perform some LST. They don't look great and I'm not sure I've done it right but I think it'll be fine regardless. I'll post some pics of them soon. 

I did however inadvertently make a completely clean break on one of the branches on my Fastbuds Pineapple Express. Shiiiiiiiit I thought. I ran it straight inside and fortunately had a pot ready made as one of the babies died yesterday (the second cookies kush from Barneys... sad) so I dug out a hole and dropped the branch in some rooting powder (thanks Poundland!) and covered her up. I took some clippings of the leaves too as per the videos I'd seen on cloning. I'm not expecting an awful lot from it to be honest but if it manages to root and start growing again I might actually shit myself with pride and excitement haha! 

I finally got round to making an organic bug spray too which consist of:

1 x Brown onion 

8 cloves of garlic

5-6 organic red chilli's from my chilli tree

1 huge heap of cayenne powder

1l approx of warm water.

I whacked that manky sucker in the fridge in its spray bottle to soak up all that spicy goodness and will dish it out tomorrow while I'm having a play with some Epsom salts (thanks @beezee @botanics) and liquid seaweed. 

3 people like this

large.IMG_0630.PNG

The spray of death! 

5 people like this

On 18/05/2017 at 9:36 PM, GrowingViking said:

So this resulted in actually getting:

5x Auto Ak (Advanced fem seeds)

5 x Barneys - Critical Kush, Critical Kush auto, Blue Mammoth auto, Chronic Thunder, Pineapple Chunk.

I've dropped in the 5 Ak and the Blue Mammoth auto and Critical K auto. 

Is is there any point to actually picking seeds on these sites? I have yet to end up with what i originally paid for every time! No complaints though, I always end up with far more. 

Ive decided to leave 3 seeds for next year and also give a plant to my mother in law as I reckon my garden will look like a complete farm before long and it's not the most conspicuous of things! 14 plants may be difficult to hide ...

1 person likes this