Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Outdoor cheap greenhouse haveagrow!

259 posts in this topic

i  can recommend neem oil as an organic pesticide.

if that was my garden i would plant the tree and espalier it up against the fence,looks a nice spot for an apple tree.

3 people like this

Hi there, I've got a few fruit trees but they are all planted in the ground. Whilst it is possible to grow a tree in a pot it really needs to let it's roots develop in an unrestricted way especially as it gets older and taller.

Atb Mokka

2 people like this

@GrowingViking

I use cheap nutes bud, they do fine and burn clean as long as you flush, which is standard fayre anyhow with mineral fertiliser ;)

Compost wise I'd avoid John Innes formulas as they 'cake' and can be a bit restrictive to roots I found when I used it years ago too, Jack's Magic is good, they love peat ;) but Clover I'd get if I could bud :yep:  if not Westland MP or Verve (if you're ok with Sciarid fly, which I'll put up a brew for you now to keep them down)  But Batmix is the shizz apparently (some peeps I respect much use it - House & Garden)

Miccos, coupled with some rockdust is a must really in my regime so to for Liquid Seaweed Extract as that stuff is magic in a bottle.

for Sciarid Fly a formula I use is - loads of cayenne pepper/hot chilli powder (you want this hot) some used coffee grounds (the caffiene makes their hearts explode), a bulb of garlic mashed up, some cinnamon (there's natural growth auxins in cinnamon too which I use with honey for a root juice sometimes - the honey is for beneficial microbes and sugars to feed them and works with miccos but you can't use boiling water or pasteurised honey for the brew of course or it'll kill them ;) )

Put it into a jug, litre of warm water, mix it all up and spray away, all over, underside of leaves etc, keeps them down enough not for them to bother the plants, aklo some gravel/sand on the top of the soil in the pot helps with them as it interupts their life cycle, tights around the pot so they can't get in and out of the holes I've seen used too :yep:

Doing good work though in here man, girls look good :v:

On 13/05/2017 at 8:43 AM, Irishgirl said:

Nice info @Lea Valley, must check out tat slug guard tape, nice one :yep:.

It's shite mate, better off doing something like this : -

Copper conducts better but the principle is what it is and couple with being inventive wth some of those cheapo solar path lights you can get in the poundies shops and :guitar: got yourself a rechargable electric fence :yinyang:

5 people like this

On 14/05/2017 at 10:00 AM, MK11 said:

i  can recommend neem oil as an organic pesticide.

if that was my garden i would plant the tree and espalier it up against the fence,looks a nice spot for an apple tree.

We have loads to do in the garden still! We have a huge flower bed/s in the back that have become overgrown. We always clear it every year and never do anything with it. This year though we've both become very green fingered and are having a first 'proper' go. 

Her with plants and veg, me with...well :,) !

2 people like this

18 hours ago, mokka said:

Hi there, I've got a few fruit trees but they are all planted in the ground. Whilst it is possible to grow a tree in a pot it really needs to let it's roots develop in an unrestricted way especially as it gets older and taller.

Atb Mokka

Same as my response to MK11 :) lots to do! 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, botanics said:

@GrowingViking

I use cheap nutes bud, they do fine and burn clean as long as you flush, which is standard fayre anyhow with mineral fertiliser ;)

Compost wise I'd avoid John Innes formulas as they 'cake' and can be a bit restrictive to roots I found when I used it years ago too, Jack's Magic is good, they love peat ;) but Clover I'd get if I could bud :yep:  if not Westland MP or Verve (if you're ok with Sciarid fly, which I'll put up a brew for you now to keep them down)  But Batmix is the shizz apparently (some peeps I respect much use it - House & Garden)

Miccos, coupled with some rockdust is a must really in my regime so to for Liquid Seaweed Extract as that stuff is magic in a bottle.

for Sciarid Fly a formula I use is - loads of cayenne pepper/hot chilli powder (you want this hot) some used coffee grounds (the caffiene makes their hearts explode), a bulb of garlic mashed up, some cinnamon (there's natural growth auxins in cinnamon too which I use with honey for a root juice sometimes - the honey is for beneficial microbes and sugars to feed them and works with miccos but you can't use boiling water or pasteurised honey for the brew of course or it'll kill them ;) )

Put it into a jug, litre of warm water, mix it all up and spray away, all over, underside of leaves etc, keeps them down enough not for them to bother the plants, aklo some gravel/sand on the top of the soil in the pot helps with them as it interupts their life cycle, tights around the pot so they can't get in and out of the holes I've seen used too :yep:

Doing good work though in here man, girls look good :v:

It's shite mate, better off doing something like this : -

Copper conducts better but the principle is what it is and couple with being inventive wth some of those cheapo solar path lights you can get in the poundies shops and :guitar: got yourself a rechargable electric fence :yinyang:

Nice one man!

i gave up on the John Innes and just stuck to Biobizz in the end. I've got some shit kit, and some premium kit and enough plants to do some side by sides so it should make for good comparisons come the end! 

Thanks for for all the advice though my man! I'll definitely be trying that formula.

2 people like this

Progress and problems

So as I said once I've gotten all the seeds sprouted and potted I'll do a full update on everything but here's a quick run down of the situation so far of the newest batch:

1x Blue Cheese sprouted leaves

1x Cookies kush sprouted leaves

1x Critical Kush sprouted leaves

All fem.

I have some nicer planters for these but for now they are in some crappy starter pots. I want to minimise amount of transfer too so they will likely end up going straight into their final pots before long anyway.

Problem

I have had some problems with 3 seeds just not cracking. I lost two seeds already and am down to my last 3 germing right now. I have:

1x Blue Cheese - Barneys

1x Critical Kush - Barneys

1x Black D.O.G. - Humbolt seeds

So these 3 DID NOT want to pop. I had them in water since I posted the photos and they did not seem to want to go despite sinking. I lost 2 (1x BDOG -and 1xG13 Pineapple Express) and didn't want to drop my numbers even further by having these 3 fail. Sooooo, I took to them with my pal Stanley... I can hear the gasps and the cries now ... I'm sorry...

Good news though, since then all 3 now have taproots starting to poke their friendly faces out. I'm guessing all 3 will be ready for planting (in the nice planters) tomorrow! Rejoice!

These 3 will then be straight into Biobizz light mix so they should have the best start out of all of my plants, despite the scarification. 

Have any of you had to do this before? Did it effect your grow?

Lastly, I saw Alien Covenant at the cinema. It was that enjoyable I'm sharing it with you. 

large.IMG_0595.PNG

Hope your weekend was great everyone! Happy growing.

4 people like this

Welcome dude no worries :v: Never done that with a bean before myself, give them a whirl n see how it goes bud, can't do nothing but try like

2 people like this

RAIN

Anyone else suffering this shite weather? Very thankful for my crappy greenhouses right now! 

1 person likes this

On 15 May 2017 at 7:51 PM, GrowingViking said:

Progress and problems

So as I said once I've gotten all the seeds sprouted and potted I'll do a full update on everything but here's a quick run down of the situation so far of the newest batch:

1x Blue Cheese sprouted leaves

1x Cookies kush sprouted leaves

1x Critical Kush sprouted leaves

All fem.

I have some nicer planters for these but for now they are in some crappy starter pots. I want to minimise amount of transfer too so they will likely end up going straight into their final pots before long anyway.

Problem

I have had some problems with 3 seeds just not cracking. I lost two seeds already and am down to my last 3 germing right now. I have:

1x Blue Cheese - Barneys

1x Critical Kush - Barneys

1x Black D.O.G. - Humbolt seeds

So these 3 DID NOT want to pop. I had them in water since I posted the photos and they did not seem to want to go despite sinking. I lost 2 (1x BDOG -and 1xG13 Pineapple Express) and didn't want to drop my numbers even further by having these 3 fail. Sooooo, I took to them with my pal Stanley... I can hear the gasps and the cries now ... I'm sorry...

Good news though, since then all 3 now have taproots starting to poke their friendly faces out. I'm guessing all 3 will be ready for planting (in the nice planters) tomorrow! Rejoice!

These 3 will then be straight into Biobizz light mix so they should have the best start out of all of my plants, despite the scarification. 

Have any of you had to do this before? Did it effect your grow?

Lastly, I saw Alien Covenant at the cinema. It was that enjoyable I'm sharing it with you. 

large.IMG_0595.PNG

Hope your weekend was great everyone! Happy growing.

Barnes critacal kush is a super strain..

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Rio said:

Barnes critacal kush is a super strain..

Have you grown this before? I have one on the go and hopefully another one soon! I've got whacked the seed in the soil but it was one that I had to cut open to have it germ. 

1 person likes this

Transplanting

So I moved the 3 baby plants into the nicer, bigger planters in the end. I was concerned that the cheap, decomposable pots I had them in ran a risk of getting damp and gross so I moved them out into the newer planters. 

large.IMG_0603.PNG

Here they are! You can see how crap the weather is in the background. 

These have gone from some bog standard compo into biobizz light mix so hopefully they'll have a better start. Once they're big enough they'll be moved into the empty pots in the background. The brown one is huge and I'm undecided yet on which plant to stick in there. What should it be??

3 people like this

We've had some horrid rain the past two days and I woke up this morning to lots of sun and a good forecast, joy! 

Got the plants straight out and in the sun asap.

large.IMG_0609.JPG

Here's a photo showing some of the growth on the two larger autos. 

large.IMG_0608.JPG

hope the weather stays good for you all! 

6 people like this

Arrgh don't get me started on the weather man its been absolute bull shit. Plants are a couple weeks old now and I can only think we've had one good day of sun. Glad I got some lights for this year's propagation. 

Those are some thick stems uv got there.

Good luck.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Have you grown this before? I have one on the go and hopefully another one soon! I've got whacked the seed in the soil but it was one that I had to cut open to have it germ. 

I had a critical kush finish a month ago...and am enjoying it. Was easy to grow stayed shortish medium yield . I grew from seed. And woulda veg longer if I had the time.

2 people like this