Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Outdoor cheap greenhouse haveagrow!

258 posts in this topic

Hi

Once I get my head round uploading pics to here I'll share what's going on in my cheap greenhouses! I've spent less than £30 on them and less than £40-50 on seeds, soil, fertiliser and pots. In fact the bulk of the cost is pots!

I have two auto's and 3 fem in right now, 3 more fem's germing and another 5 waiting to germ once this other 3 have gone into soil.

Theres nothing fancy about this at all, just my first go and me muddling through it! It's so interesting reading everyone's journals and seeing the differences and problems people come up against. Excited to see this journal through! 

4 people like this

good luck, we need more under glass diaries.

4 people like this

large.IMG_0531.PNG

feel free to ignore my clear excitement in the image but I woke up this morning to find the first few hairs sprouting!

So some questions then, does this now mean we've hit flowering or am I over excited?

Does anybody know if this means the plants have reached their max height or will they continue to get taller? 

Would it it be appropriate now to start feeding some flowering nutrients? 

I just bought a 3 part set in Poundland that I was going to start experimenting with as I've only been using some Tomorite up until now. 

More to pics to come now I've worked out this awkward system!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Machiavellian said:

good luck, we need more under glass diaries.

Thanks buddy. It's going to be a mix of in the greenhouses and general outdoors in pots. I just got a polytunnel too so considering messing about with that if I don't give it to my wife for the veg.

large.IMG_0539.PNGlarge.IMG_0538.PNG

Starting from the bottom of the pics, these are the two Blue Treacle auto's that have just started getting hairy.

Top pic is (l-r) Cookies Kush fem, Pineapple Express (G13 labs) fem, Pineapple Express (Fastbuds) auto.

apologies for quality of pics, having issues with picture size and having to majorly crop.

The three baby plants I have had some issues with leaves curling, not sure if this is normal or a sign of too much sun etc? I haven't been great with getting airflow in and out of the greenhouses but have recently started keeping them open a lot more and this seems to be helping.

3 people like this

Looking nice mate! Be wary of those tomato greenhouse jobbies, mine exploded with the slightest bit of a gust:fart:

Interested to see how the pineapple express does, had one on an order to be told this morning they were sending sugar mama instead, swings and that!

I think in the picture you are just starting preflowering, personally I'd wait a week or so to use flowering nutrients.

As far as flowering nutrients go, I wouldnt use what you have got in poundland(I may be completely wrong) and Im not super knowledgeable on what you should use. A bloom/flowering nutrient look on google and you'll find something that suits or someone will pipe up here:)  BTD!

2 people like this

2 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

Looking nice mate! Be wary of those tomato greenhouse jobbies, mine exploded with the slightest bit of a gust:fart:

Interested to see how the pineapple express does, had one on an order to be told this morning they were sending sugar mama instead, swings and that!

I think in the picture you are just starting preflowering, personally I'd wait a week or so to use flowering nutrients.

As far as flowering nutrients go, I wouldnt use what you have got in poundland(I may be completely wrong) and Im not super knowledgeable on what you should use. A bloom/flowering nutrient look on google and you'll find something that suits or someone will pipe up here:)  BTD!

Yeah I'm wondering how the PE's will turn out too, especially being from different suppliers.

the nutes from Poundland (it sounds bad even saying that haha) are specific for hydro market. They are bloom, flowering and npk boosters. I've found a few threads elsewhere that seem to rate them. Fortunately I've got enough plants to mess around with and see what works and what doesn't!

as far as the houses go I've got them tied down like a ferry haha! Tied at the top and stabbed at the base. They're going nowhere for now. 

Thanks for the advice on preflower. I got ahead of myself a bit there I think.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Thanks buddy. It's going to be a mix of in the greenhouses and general outdoors in pots. I just got a polytunnel too so considering messing about with that if I don't give it to my wife for the veg.

Tell her it is 200 quid a square foot you 'earn' by growing your herbage, if she can match that with veg give her every encouragement lol!

5 people like this

large.IMG_0552.PNG

these are the Poundland specials if anyone was curious! :') for less than a fiver if I even get an extra baby bud from them I'll be happy.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Yeah I'm wondering how the PE's will turn out too, especially being from different suppliers.

the nutes from Poundland (it sounds bad even saying that haha) are specific for hydro market. They are bloom, flowering and npk boosters. I've found a few threads elsewhere that seem to rate them. Fortunately I've got enough plants to mess around with and see what works and what doesn't!

as far as the houses go I've got them tied down like a ferry haha! Tied at the top and stabbed at the base. They're going nowhere for now. 

Thanks for the advice on preflower. I got ahead of myself a bit there I think.

I've seen a lot of slating of Fastbuds online and having done their LSD-25 on my first grow it lagged a fair bit behind the AK from feminised seeds. I prefer to think it was overwatering young that caused some issues as opposed to 'bad genetics'. We've actually got their Green Crack Auto on the way. I never got to sample the 10 week harvest as mum decided to mulch  both 3 days off :| Yes I was on the verge of tears.. but at 8 weeks it felt hard hitting an tasted fairly smooth even with a quick dry! 

I stand corrected on those nutrients you have got there! Think I might take a trip to pound land and use them on one of our latest lot:D We are using the Canna range and it has so far seemed worth the investment, so it will be a good comparison 

Edited by anarchycamp
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, anarchycamp said:

I've seen a lot of slating of Fastbuds online and having done their LSD-25 on my first grow it lagged a fair bit behind the AK from feminised seeds. I prefer to think it was overwatering young that caused some issues as opposed to 'bad genetics'. We've actually got their Green Crack Auto on the way. I never got to sample the 10 week harvest as mum decided to mulch  both 3 days off :| Yes I was on the verge of tears.. but at 8 weeks it felt hard hitting an tasted fairly smooth even with a quick dry! 

I stand corrected on those nutrients you have got there! Think I might take a trip to pound land and use them on one of our latest lot:D We are using the Canna range and it has so far seemed worth the investment, so it will be a good comparison 

Wow how come she destroyed them? Some sort of sadism? Lol.

I've had a look at all sorts and was leaning towards the biobizz stuff but it's all so expensive. When I heard there was some in Poundland that do the job I thought go for it, rather than wasting some quality product on a first time go. Let's make all the mistakes with the cheap shit :')! 

I have been been concerned about overwatering them. How often do you think they need to be watered? I generally give them about a litre once every few days or so, sometimes more if it's really hot. Always just played it by eye though to be honest. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

Tell her it is 200 quid a square foot you 'earn' by growing your herbage, if she can match that with veg give her every encouragement lol!

Hahah they'd be some massive onions. 

Hi @GrowingViking

I would say stop using the tomorite immediately, the plants never needed it and that's why they don't look too happy. Also give the Poundland stuff back to Poundland.  

You can get mini Trial packs of BioBizz Flowering formulas on the Bay which should suit your pocket and will give much better results

Have a read in the Auto section about how to treat Autos and especially feeding them which your currently overdoing. The first batch will give you a small result but the next ones should do a lot better with more knowledge. I would expect 3 to 4 ft plants and approaching an ounce yield for outside plants. 

Id give the greenhouse to the Mrs and just move the pots around the garden to keep em in the sun. If you must use it then just store them overnight  to keep the morning dew off em but with the door permanently fully open. 

Even for a first Grow if you do your research it can pay off. :yep:

4 people like this

Looks interesting in here. Best of luck with ur grown, tunnels, feeds & diary :yep:.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Looks interesting in here. Best of luck with ur grown, tunnels, feeds & diary :yep:.

Thank you! Same to you :)