Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Robot808

Cellar Grow Room

224 posts in this topic

Mmm only one meter reader? Thats from your energy company yeah?  what about the energy suppliers i.e. The natonal grid folks who check to see if the meter been tampered with? I get meter readers from my company Turing up all the time and I tell them to do one and supply me with a letter arranging an appointment. That works fine for company's but every other year I get a visit from  swaylec who inpect my gas and my electricty meter -  they can be put off once or twice but then they get reall shitty and demand entrance or they will force it.. personally after years of doing this  I think your being daft building a grow room next to meters l, to avoid suspicion you will have to turn your fans off when you get your metered looked  at and it will stink down there when you do but as you seem fixated on this good luck and hope you don't get busted..

as this must be a Percy grow if your posting on this site I would chuck a tent in a bedroom and be done with it..  

edit regarding meter readers just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't especially when your using a shit more power that is used to being used in that property..

ImNot trying to piss on your parade it is a great space it's just that if you value not getting busted  it's too risky to build next to metres. 

Edited by Sancho Panza
1 person likes this

@Robot808

Yeh soz mate now I know just how in-depth your conversion is going to be i can imagine this is going to take a very long time to finish :mellow: I didn't even know you could dig down deeper into a cellar, learn something new everyday. I once looked in to moving a meter from the a basement up luckily for me it was the easy one the electric meter but I was quoted abit over a grand to do it northern electric or who ever the hell it was so keep that in mind it can be pricey might be easier to just ignore reader and packup each time you have a confirmed visit ect.  The readers have a pattern and usually come round the same time each year so you could in theory packup for a month or so around that time and just wait for them.

If they do relocate the meter for you be careful they don't add a smart meter to go with that 2020 initiative (well just add this now mate) lol.  Hoping everything goes well for you robot a well setup grow area like what you have in mind can last a lifetime.

Edited by RePtOiD
minor improvements
1 person likes this

On 5/14/2017 at 10:50 AM, Sancho Panza said:

Mmm only one meter reader? Thats from your energy company yeah?  what about the energy suppliers i.e. The natonal grid folks who check to see if the meter been tampered with? I get meter readers from my company Turing up all the time and I tell them to do one and supply me with a letter arranging an appointment. That works fine for company's but every other year I get a visit from  swaylec who inpect my gas and my electricty meter -  they can be put off once or twice but then they get reall shitty and demand entrance or they will force it.. personally after years of doing this  I think your being daft building a grow room next to meters l, to avoid suspicion you will have to turn your fans off when you get your metered looked  at and it will stink down there when you do but as you seem fixated on this good luck and hope you don't get busted..

as this must be a Percy grow if your posting on this site I would chuck a tent in a bedroom and be done with it..  

edit regarding meter readers just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't especially when your using a shit more power that is used to being used in that property..

ImNot trying to piss on your parade it is a great space it's just that if you value not getting busted  it's too risky to build next to metres. 

Dude, calm down & take a deep breath lol

Both meters are being moved outside as the cellar is going to be getting turned into a bedroom wink wink nudge nudge :yep:

Then i'll chuck a tent in it lol

Also m8, i only grow 8 plants :yinyang:

Edited by Robot808
6 people like this

On 5/14/2017 at 10:53 AM, RePtOiD said:

@Robot808

Yeh soz mate now I know just how in-depth your conversion is going to be i can imagine this is going to take a very long time to finish :mellow: I didn't even know you could dig down deeper into a cellar, learn something new everyday. I once looked in to moving a meter from the a basement up luckily for me it was the easy one the electric meter but I was quoted abit over a grand to do it northern electric or who ever the hell it was so keep that in mind it can be pricey might be easier to just ignore reader and packup each time you have a confirmed visit ect.  The readers have a pattern and usually come round the same time each year so you could in theory packup for a month or so around that time and just wait for them.

If they do relocate the meter for you be careful they don't add a smart meter to go with that 2020 initiative (well just add this now mate) lol.  Hoping everything goes well for you robot a well setup grow area like what you have in mind can last a lifetime.

Yes m8 its going to be pricey to move both meters but thats what i want so thats whats getting done lol i dont care what price it is, its going to be happening regardless :nerd:

Smart meters also dont worry me, if you pay your bill alls cool.

Thanks for following m8 & for your input :yep:

2 people like this

I'm looking forward to seeing this room progress, especially if your going to all that cost but if you can, I'd suggest you go a bit deeper than 210cm if that's possible ?

the reason to my thinking is that what happens if you want to cover over the bottom of the roof joists to seal the room from any leaks ? 

another thing to worry about is having insulation under a tent other wise the cold can come up through the plants roots, this includes hydro unless your using a good heater.

1 person likes this

I'm in !

I've just finished my cellar and I had no way to extract the used air so I came up with a beaut I wish I had took pics . I drilled a hole from the outside wall of cellar to my back garden underground 12 ft in total . I had to make a drill bit using a 5 inch post  burying attachment. And welded it to I inch round bar then making an attachment for the to fit my drill .. Then welding a drill bit to another 12 foot piece of round bar and drilling through double skin wall of engineering brick . Went through 2 drills :george:

Edited by SWEET PURPLE BUBBLEGUM
Spell
6 people like this

1 hour ago, Joint hogger said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this room progress, especially if your going to all that cost but if you can, I'd suggest you go a bit deeper than 210cm if that's possible ?

the reason to my thinking is that what happens if you want to cover over the bottom of the roof joists to seal the room from any leaks ? 

another thing to worry about is having insulation under a tent other wise the cold can come up through the plants roots, this includes hydro unless your using a good heater.

When the rooms converted & finished it will be like a proper room, there will be a proper ceiling with downlights & there will also be a radiator in there. The full room will be plasterboarded & skimmed. There will be a carpet going under the tent and im not forseeing any problems if im honest. The guy has promised me a clear headroom of 210cm after all thats done :yep:

With the floor im sure he mentioned a concrete base with a floating wooden floor on top. I may be totally wrong on the floating bit but its all getting sorted. I'll post pics of the progress as its happening & you can see for yourself whats going on :skin_up:cant wait! :nerd:

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, SWEET PURPLE BUBBLEGUM said:

I'm in !

I've just finished my cellar and I had no way to extract the used air so I came up with a beaut I wish I had took pics . I drilled a hole from the outside wall of cellar to my back garden underground 12 ft in total . I had to make a drill bit using a 5 inch post  burying attachment. And welded it to I inch round bar then making an attachment for the to fit my drill .. Then welding a drill bit to another 12 foot piece of round bar and drilling through double skin wall of engineering brick . Went through 2 drills :george:

sounds interesting m8, have you laid a solid plastic pipe underground to take your extraction up the garden somewhat?, how do you vent it into the open air? any pics of it now?

It's going to be a cool bedroom.  Good underpinnings with extract too.  We'll done bud.   Congrats on a house.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It's going to be a cool bedroom.  Good underpinnings with extract too.  We'll done bud.   Congrats on a house.

Cheers m8 its been a long haul but getting there slowly. Thanks for looking in :yep:

Pool room :skin_up:

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Robot808 said:

sounds interesting m8, have you laid a solid plastic pipe underground to take your extraction up the garden somewhat?, how do you vent it into the open air? any pics of it now?

I have laid steel pipe under ground which creates  condensation from warm air from tent  . I've then got a barrel attached to the pipe in cellar which gives me about 10 litres of water back every other day . Because I don't have tap down there is a big help with errogation. The steel pipe is the connected to drain pipe which runs up to the guttering and looks like a draine pipe. This vents  all scrubbed air out to roof height  and looks like a drain pipe. I've had to make a couple of adjustment to pipe to suite but you can't tell . 

4 people like this

8 hours ago, SWEET PURPLE BUBBLEGUM said:

I have laid steel pipe under ground which creates  condensation from warm air from tent  . I've then got a barrel attached to the pipe in cellar which gives me about 10 litres of water back every other day . Because I don't have tap down there is a big help with errogation. The steel pipe is the connected to drain pipe which runs up to the guttering and looks like a draine pipe. This vents  all scrubbed air out to roof height  and looks like a drain pipe. I've had to make a couple of adjustment to pipe to suite but you can't tell . 

sounds good m8, im a great believer in doing a job right & sorting out your extraction is high priority :nerd: good job m8

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Robot808 said:

sounds good m8, im a great believer in doing a job right & sorting out your extraction is high priority :nerd: good job m8

Yes me too mate I wish I could of done like you but my cellar wasn't ready when I moved in u doing the best thing . I'll try get a few pics tomoz when I go down to feed em . As for the out side it looks just like a drain pipe had my cousin round the other day and he is a builder and he never give it a second  glance 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SWEET PURPLE BUBBLEGUM said:

Yes me too mate I wish I could of done like you but my cellar wasn't ready when I moved in u doing the best thing . I'll try get a few pics tomoz when I go down to feed em . As for the out side it looks just like a drain pipe had my cousin round the other day and he is a builder and he never give it a second  glance 

would love to see some pics m8, love seeing folks grow spaces :yinyang:

1 person likes this