Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jay420

Tips for the final weeks of flower

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals,

So, this is my first post on uk420 and looking for some tips regarding anything i can do to my plants to make the final weeks of theirs lives the most productive they can be.

I have a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent with a 600w HPS. Obviously i'm now on my 12/12 cycle and i'm growing in coco ( using Canna Coco A+B for feed ).  I am currently growing out a couple of Lemon Kush and a couple of Special Queen.  Currently they are on day 27 of flower and looking great.  That being said this is my first grow and any ' top tips ' to ensure the best quality at the end would be appreciated.  I spend a lot of time online watching videos and reading forums so i'm aware of the main methods ( Low/High stress training, flushing ect...) but i'm looking for the ' old wives tales ' that have been tried and tested in the final weeks of flower and have seen great results.

Thanks in advance peeps.

Peace & Love

Jay420

1 person likes this

Can't help, sorry, don't grow in coco. Know a few things with soil, but no good to you I'm afraid.

Try checking some of the grows in the hydro sections ... you may find some tips there.

Good luck, and welcome btw. :yep:

And get some pics up, love to see the grow ...

Keep root temps comfy, smooth air flow through the canopy to avoid rot, don't get tempted to over feed thinking it will help at all, and give them a good flush.

5 people like this

Sound advice there @GreenVision .. I think he's looking for the coco equivalent of blackstrap molasses. Just a hunch ...

for the final week to 10 days  i normally raise the lights a bit maybe  30cm to protect them volatile terpenes .

also it helps keep them temps down

4 people like this

11/13 light cycle for the final week

1 person likes this

Very helpful peeps, and thanks its good to be here !

Here are a couple of early snaps taken on day 25 of flower.large.59079b150a9c1_SpecialQueen2.jpglarge.59079b13bd47a_SpecialQueen1.jpglarge.59079b127eed6_LemonKush.jpg

Edited by Jay420
4 people like this

1 hour ago, Bud Wiser said:

Can't help, sorry, don't grow in coco. Know a few things with soil, but no good to you I'm afraid.

Try checking some of the grows in the hydro sections ... you may find some tips there.

Good luck, and welcome btw. :yep:

And get some pics up, love to see the grow ...

Care to elaborate for compost growers?

I'd be intrested to know tips for flowering,should i get mollases too?

@Jay420 if your on computer theres a create button at the top of the page you can add pics that way

Edited by H4rdc0r3
1 person likes this

@H4rdc0r3

Blackstrap molasses ... if you grow in soil, then yes, definitely get some, it's sweet, thick, black gooey shit, comes in a big jar (lasts for ages) and is cheap as chips!

Here's some guff about it:

MOLASSES: FEEDING THE SOIL

Your soil is the very foundation of your cannabis grow, it is full of nutrients and microorganisms that all work together to keep your cannabis plant strong and healthy as it grows. Whilst it is important to ensure the nutritional balance of the soil is correct, it is also ensuring that it is a suitable environment microorganisms can thrive in that really separates the good from the expert cultivator.

This is where molasses comes in. While molasses is quite rich in nutrients, it is primarily used as a carbohydrate source for the organisms in your soil, effectively feeding the soil and improving it as a foundation for your cannabis. The microorganisms found within the soil play a vital role in the growth of your cannabis, and they also require the right nutrients to thrive. By giving them molasses you ensure they have what they need, and subsequently boost the structure, moisture retention, microorganism content and efficiency of the soil – which in turn benefits your cannabis.

THE OTHER BENEFITS OF MOLASSES

In addition to improving the base quality of the soil, using molasses to irrigate your crops can also help prevent the build-up of pathogens that will potentially harm your plants, as well are reduce salt build up that can cause nutritional problems. Molasses contains a good amount of macro- and micro-nutrients, all of which are essential to cannabis health to one degree or another. As both macro- and micro-nutrients are not required in huge amounts, it can sometimes be quite hard to diagnose a deficiency. By regularly adding molasses to your grow you can ensure your cannabis has everything it needs.

I get mine online, as it's almost impossible to get in supermarkets ... just Google 'Dolphin Fitness' ... it's about £2.45 for a big jar!

Make sure you get Blackstrap, not Cane, although the latter is ok, Blackstrap is much better.

Use it during the second half of flowering, at the rate of about a flat tablespoon per gallon of water, your water should just look 'dirty', and not like coca-cola! :yep:

Edit: forgot to mention .. it also brings my tapwater pH down from 7.5 to a nice 6.8 at the above strengths ... double kerching!

Edited by Bud Wiser
Forgot summat !
2 people like this

Only thing u can do in coco for the last ten days to two weeks is plain water flush but just before that can pk13/14 or other pk but some turn there noses up at it I use a bit but not a lot don't really like it but does work wonders sometimes 

@Jay420 If mines(first grow too) look half as good as yours do mate I'll be well happy. Good job and good luck in the final weeks :)

1 person likes this

@Soother Thanks buddy, put some pics of yours up as they come along.  I will of course update the results of peoples advice in the coming weeks. :)

1 person likes this

@Jay420 I've got a diary going mate but I missed last week because of work, they are 3 days into flower so heres hoping for an easy ride ;) 

1 person likes this