Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

throw away chairs and table ..not i

21 posts in this topic

been given a few jobs whilst im not working to help us out ..went to mother in laws cos she wants her shed cleared out and done up ..so usual stuff in there but tucked away was a metal table and chair set ..looks crap but just needed a bit of a tart up so i said your not throwing that she thinks were havin it in our garden but no ..ive got to clear a swathe of plants out of her garden inc some shrubs that have over grown ,me n the wife think the table n chairs would look stunning in the corner ..so i brought home  a chair today just to see how easy itll be to clean em up somehow ..

large.DSCN0043.JPGlarge.DSCN0042.JPG

9 people like this

i love them....:wub: i even love the potential of back lacerations if you sit too far back lol

what colour will you end up doing them?

they'd look good in matt black or white tbf....i can see the previous owners also thought this. lol

embelishment might be tricky because the patterns overlap, maybe if you gave the flowers a dab of gold?

1 person likes this

there coated in this light green plastic ,ive wire brushed it off and in the pics ive started to gold hammerite the back panel and the frame is going in back .the flowers im undecided on maybe a pastel shade such as they are now ..to take the edge of the brashness of the gold .this is just a trial to see what they come out like ..if we dont like this one we havent done all four chairs like it .ill update as we go on with the chair see its progress ..but i didnt have time to finish it today sadly

2 people like this

Can't say I'm keen on the flowers.. but that is a cool looking chair. I like that lattice star thing they've done. I'd be tempted to chop all those flowers off myself, probably a man thing though. TBH.. the flowers would work in the garden so I'm probably wrong on that one. lol

I like that Vince. Nice looking chair. What's the table like?

Edited by Blayz'd

I like them bud, loves a bit of upcycling and why not, there's nothing wrong with them at all, have fun doing them up Vince :yep:

10 hours ago, Blayz'd said:

Can't say I'm keen on the flowers.. but that is a cool looking chair. I like that lattice star thing they've done. I'd be tempted to chop all those flowers off myself, probably a man thing though. TBH.. the flowers would work in the garden so I'm probably wrong on that one. lol

I like that Vince. Nice looking chair. What's the table like?

table is very simple but has the scrolling flowers and leaves on the edge of the table..not told mother in law im doing this to them yet ,she was upset today as i turned her picture postcard cottage with 60 year old wisteria hanging across the front had to be cut hard back to make two twisted standards either side of the entrance ..sad to see but they getting very old and cant maintain it ..so we went hard at it today ..shame but i made it look nice when id finished .

1 person likes this

looks quite jewish, i like it.

1 person likes this

waste not a good friday ,project chair no 1 has been finished ..not sure if im totally pleased but from a few feet away itll look lovely in the space ive created in the mother in laws garden large.DSCN0062.JPGlarge.DSCN0061.JPGlarge.DSCN0060.JPGlarge.DSCN0059.JPG

8 people like this

looking nice there vince,mrs badger would like a few of those for the patio.

i got another 3 and a table to try and get to this state ..they wasnt in the best of health when i found them in the shed ..gonna deliver this one next week see how it fits in colour wise ..they may not like em who knows ,but like i said they dont know if done this ,they just think we got em in our garden or they gone to the tip .

3 people like this

chair 2 being delivered tomorrow ..had a lovely day sat in the sun listening to lectures of all manner of bizarreness ..

large.DSCN0090.JPGlarge.DSCN0089.JPGlarge.DSCN0088.JPG

5 people like this

purple wins.... :yep:

2 people like this

ahh that pic was before i laquered the red flowers ..they all shiney now ..and each chair is going to have different colour flowers cos the table has a band of them around the lip which means i can do all the different colours to tie the chairs into the table

1 person likes this

:guitar:

Blue would be nice too I reckon for uniqueness, different colours for each chair perhaps :unsure:  Look good these man, amazing what a bit of elbow grease, some wet & dry and a tin paint, jobs a good un :v:

1 person likes this

turns out the other two chairs arent from this set .and dont match so theyve gone to the charity shop ..this set is two chairs one table which if the weather holds up ill get to tomorrow .