Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VatoLoco26

First time grow estimates

Hello people. First of all I apologise if this is the wrong place to post or if I shouldn’t have created a thread; internet is not really my thing but I’m looking for help and information so sorry for my clumsiness in the field of blogs and forums.

So this is my first time grow: 1 seed of Big Bang autoflower. I am using 600w HPS keeping it at 64cm ( 25'' ) from the plant, my pot is between 15L (4 galons) and 20L (aprox 5 gallons), and for soil I am using a mix of perlite and Wilkinson top graded soil, temperature is around 25 Celsius, humidity kept up with a humidifier at around 70% (as my plant is a just sprouted baby) growing in a 80x80x180 (2.5' x 2.5' x 5.9') with 2 4 inch fans blowing air in the tent and one 8 inch Rhino fan extracting air out of the tent. I'm just wondering what yield am I looking at. I know it's not an easy thing thing that can be said just like that as in ''plant this seed, water from time to time and expect this much'' but hopefully some of you experienced growers could tell me. Is it possible to get 4oz out of this grow without too much headache? 

Time will tell.

Some people have the death touch when it comes to growing.  Others have fantastic results.

Your question begs the response : How long is a piece of string ? 

4oz Auto's are totally doable, provided they have the perfect environment, great genetics, an experienced grower.

For a first grow or two it is far better to get some feminised photoperiod seeds so you get the desired end result.

Good luck !

6 people like this

I've never grown auto's but only 1 under a 600w light seems like an awful lot of light for just 1 plant?

Generally, the challenge with growing is a combination of patience, care and the right actions at the right time - try and enjoy the process instead of looking forward to the end result, you will learn much more and that will enable you to get good quality crops with high yields in the future.

1 person likes this

I've not done autos indoors (yet - gorilla glue autos coming soon!) but I've been advising a mate on his first grow. He's just pulled one blue kush auto for 3.6oz. There were 6 plants and I'd say an average of 2.5oz per plant. Grown using 600w on 20/4. It seems the key to larger yields seems to be early training in veg.  Good luck. :)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, bearukc said:

I've not done autos indoors (yet - gorilla glue autos coming soon!) but I've been advising a mate on his first grow. He's just pulled one blue kush auto for 3.6oz. There were 6 plants and I'd say an average of 2.5oz per plant. Grown using 600w on 20/4. It seems the key to larger yields seems to be early training in veg.  Good luck. :)

even as a beginner on first grow as well myself i agree with this fully

you will need to train it from as early as it looks like it can handle it(thats what i did,about 2-3 weeks old iirc but the earlier the better,plant dependent) the effect was very noticeable once it realised what it needed to do,you should aim for maybe 1-2 oz+ for the first time with training maybe but you may get more it depend on alot of variables really like others said.

as it stands for me if i get even just a 1 ounce or even less tbh from my plant it will be worth it and il be happy cause i know next time i have experience and can maximise better the yield.

remember whatever you get as well gonna be top quality bud,not like the street stuff :) 

cheers.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
3 people like this

Thought about chucking a couple more seeds in? One auto might struggle to produce 4 Oz for a newbie but I reckon if you put 4 autos in there you would be pretty much guaranteed to make your target, if things go well you would most probably double it ;)

As @Inspiration101 says above, feminised seeds could be worth a look too. Will be alot easier to get a good yield from one plant if you can control how big it gets. Takes a little longer but if you only have one plant an extra week of veg can make a massive difference to yield, with an auto you can't do that 

3 people like this

On 4/4/2017 at 6:39 PM, VatoLoco26 said:

growing in a 80x80x180 (2.5' x 2.5' x 5.9') with 2 4 inch fans blowing air in the tent and one 8 inch Rhino fan extracting air out of the tent.

That's a big fan for a small area? 

1 person likes this

I agree with all the above, all are good points, speshly what @Psycho Sid  says about putting a few more in, and what @sroporilshoot it may be a bit too much for a smaller tent, but if it's running ok then cool mate, as my Mrs says "if it ain't broke don't fix it" Youre doing well to have it at 25 degrees with a tent that size with a 600 watt light in nice one! Hope you do well my friend.

MMG

Check out @blackpoolbouncer diary that man can bend an auto to his will lol 

2 people like this