Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


SILVERBACKGROWER

Drooping in Veg

Hi everyone,

 

basically my 5 plants (critical) just entered week 3 of veg, I was planning on vegging for 4 weeks and then transplant into flower.

 

Im growing in COCO, Ive been feeding them every other day but by the time is time to feed, they are droopy.

 

There is a lot of difference compared to how they will look later on today after I fed them this morning.

 

Just wondering do you think I should feed everyday?

 

There doesnt look like there is any deficiency in the leaves, they all look a good colour with thick nodes.

 

Any advice welcome, thanks

Share this post


Link to post

hi silv,its hard to say with not much info on pot size or pics, every other day could seem abit much but could be ok ? if you had two plants the same size but in two different size pots i always find the one in the bigger pot needs less frequent watering, iv always gave them a good soaking and let them dry out before iv given any more,i always found it benaficial to cover the top of the coco with clay pebles to help stop the water from evaporating and give you biger gaps between feeds

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mr.c said:

hi silv,its hard to say with not much info on pot size or pics, every other day could seem abit much but could be ok ? if you had two plants the same size but in two different size pots i always find the one in the bigger pot needs less frequent watering, iv always gave them a good soaking and let them dry out before iv given any more,i always found it benaficial to cover the top of the coco with clay pebles to help stop the water from evaporating and give you biger gaps between feeds

Hi mate,

 

I'm growing in 60/40 coco clay pebble mix, the pots there in now are 1.5ltre pots, I can see roots coming through the bottom and the plant's look healthy just that when it's feeding day they look droopy and skinny. After I feed them they perk up and look decent. 

 

I've got temps at 23-27° all 18 hrs 

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post

To be honest the last thing you want to be doing is to try and get bigger gaps in between feeding especially with coco. This is only my opinion but this is basically hydro so you need to feed as much as you can get away with

 

If you let coco dry in between feeds then you are asking for problems with salt build up and not to mention damage to the roots

 

If you want more time between feeds then you are better off using compost

 

My guess, without pics mind, is low humidity and the plants start to droop towards the end of the light period but when the lights come back on they look fine

 

Owd

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I was thinking to water everyday for the last week of veg and see how they do.

 

Humidity is around 35 45 through out the lights on. 

 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

Share this post


Link to post

just copied this from somewhere incase it helps,

 

An over watered cannabis plant will have leaves that are full of water, so the leaves will be firm to the touch and generally curling down (even from the stem of the leaf) almost as if it has too much water weight to hold the leaf out straight.

An under watered cannabis plant will have leaves that are brittle, limp, and lifeless. The leaves will seem to be drooping but won't appear as rounded and full as an over watered cannabis plant. ............not sure if it hepls because you still need to tell the difference beteween the two,,,

 

  from what your saying it sounds like you could water more frequent. but beforw you so water dig down in the soil a few cm just to check its dry and not still damp

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Owderb said:

To be honest the last thing you want to be doing is to try and get bigger gaps in between feeding especially with coco. This is only my opinion but this is basically hydro so you need to feed as much as you can get away with

 

If you let coco dry in between feeds then you are asking for problems with salt build up and not to mention damage to the roots

 

If you want more time between feeds then you are better off using compost

 

My guess, without pics mind, is low humidity and the plants start to droop towards the end of the light period but when the lights come back on they look fine

 

Owd

ip8fiv.jpgkreia.jpg

 

Here is some photo took this morning mate

Share this post


Link to post

All I can say mate is I'll tell you what I do. I water/feed to gain at least 20% run off then I won't water again till they are 70% dry. I do this when they are small. I also now try to get my humidity up to 50%. Ive always said don't get hung up on humidity but some plants just don't like low humidity when they are vegging and droop towards the end of the light period. 

 

Once they get really established I feed at least every other day, sometimes every day and I always feed just before lights on

 

I personally don't like using pebbles in pots especially at the ratio you are because I think they are for systems that incorporate multi feed per day schedules

 

And just a heads up mate. Use the @function instead of quoting :)

 

Owd

Edited by Owderb

Share this post


Link to post

@Owderb , do you find the Discos to be sensitive? I've noticed my humidity is a steady 40-44% lights on but they have started drooping towards lights out. 

 

Cheers 

Breezus 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Breezus said:

@Owderb , do you find the Discos to be sensitive? I've noticed my humidity is a steady 40-44% lights on but they have started drooping towards lights out. 

 

Cheers 

Breezus 

Mine mainly only droop toward then end of 18 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SILVERBACKGROWER said:

Mine mainly only droop toward then end of 18 hours

Exactly, approaching lights out in veg, I should have been clearer :yinyang:

Share this post


Link to post

Then put a humidifier in on a timer for the last 5 or 6 hours of veg or for the whole veg light time if its possible. I've had similar problems over the years and couldn't really suss what was going on because it didn't happen all the time. I was advised to try a humidifier and my plants thanked me for it

 

The reason plants look better when the lights have come on is because humidity rises at lights out

 

Owd

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Nice one @Owderb , like you said its sporadic but I never thought about humidity. Cheers :yinyang:

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Silverback

I would defo suggest you don't let that coco get anywhere near dry.

The look of your plant is a bit dry in the leaves and the ever so slight yellowing is probably where you have had root die off.

At that size in coco you really could put 50 litres through the plant twice a day if you wanted. Coco holds loads of air and needs to remain damp. Not like soil with a wet and dry period .

You simply cannot over water them at the stage you are at.

I would water/feed them at least once a day if not twice and you will see the leaves will lose that sharpness and dry look they have.

The yellow leaves will just die off as root damage cant be reversed.

Just water them till you get a decent run off , then leave them for a while and u will see the coco may well suck up the left overs.

Soil will sit and stagnate as it holds way less air. hence why you let it dry out.

Good Luck

zz

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, zztopbudz said:

Hello Silverback

I would defo suggest you don't let that coco get anywhere near dry.

The look of your plant is a bit dry in the leaves and the ever so slight yellowing is probably where you have had root die off.

At that size in coco you really could put 50 litres through the plant twice a day if you wanted. Coco holds loads of air and needs to remain damp. Not like soil with a wet and dry period .

You simply cannot over water them at the stage you are at.

I would water/feed them at least once a day if not twice and you will see the leaves will lose that sharpness and dry look they have.

The yellow leaves will just die off as root damage cant be reversed.

Just water them till you get a decent run off , then leave them for a while and u will see the coco may well suck up the left overs.

Soil will sit and stagnate as it holds way less air. hence why you let it dry out.

Good Luck

zz

Thanks a lot mate, 

 

Really appreciate that information. I'll post back in a few days let you know how there getting on. 

 

Cheers

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now