Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dazzledd

Any tips for a new outdoor grower ?

16 posts in this topic

just wondering if anyone had got any tips for me, im hoping to plant mine start of april, ive got my location of where im going to put them, whats the best to start them off through veg for nutrients and also when there flowering, so far i know im going to turn all the grass/soil over at the location and mix in some horse or cow poo to use as a natural fertiliser, any tips would be a great help for me as its my first ever time trying the great outdoors but ive done a few indoors so kinda know whats what, also ive heard people mix in nutrients with the soil before they plant etc

any help is much appreciated 

2 people like this

All day sun

Ph 6-7

Proven outdoor strains 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, JGP81 said:

All day sun

Ph 6-7

Proven outdoor strains 

hi mate, ive gone for holland hope and early skunk there meant to be good strains for outdoors also gone for a few seeds of purple bud feminized, if i go to my location you got an tips on what i should mix in with the soil? also what nutes to use along the growth of the plant as i have seen some people using old timers bloom for veg just wondering if anyone else uses any other nutes for veg and others for bloom

1 person likes this

Have a read of the pinned threads in this section, should be all you need to know in there :)

3 people like this

If you don't come back from your plot bleeding its not hidden enough

8 people like this

Here in cannada, i have grown many massive plants(1kg+ dry yields) using only well rotted horse manure and lime.  Adding some well rotted cow manure will only be another benefit to healthy plants! 

If you want big plant dig big holes. My biggest plants get minimum 2meter X 2 meter holes per plant.  Much more info in the guide http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/369263-guide-to-training-photosensitive-monsters/#comment-4481355

Has hollands hope been improved? Ive never grown it but a few years ago if it was ever mentioned on here everyone called it hollands hopeless.

My top tip :D

Read this, buy the top 10 and have a banging year with loads of bud ;)

5 people like this

10 hours ago, Moobman said:

If you don't come back from your plot bleeding its not hidden enough

Yup, I'm doing my first proper outdoor attempt this year and expecting to get a few cuts, as you say they can't be hidden enough if ya don't end up with scratches and cuts lol

Edited by indicatoker420

32 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

only tip i can give is work in as much horse shit as you can NOW !!! to the plot as its got a month or 2 to break down then plant up:yep:

I know about horse shirt needing to rot a bit first or it burns the plants. I haven't even looked for a plot yet lol, but know what land I'm using though. What else do you suggest if I can't really wait until it rots/breaks down in the soil?

Thanks

1 person likes this

I'd steer clear of lat53 :yes:

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, SlimPikins said:

I'd steer clear of lat53 :yes:

Why's that then lol, I'm lat53

Getting cramped round here lol

1 person likes this

If your digging a shit load of holes or turning lots of soil by hand, make sure you have a good high quality shovel.  Good steel with sharp edges make a huge difference.  If you have woman hands and you don't want blisters- sand off that shitty varnish or whatever comes on wooden handles and put a few coats of boiled linseed oil on them- makes a world of a difference on how many holes you can dig in a day when your hands aren't bleeding. More sun the better- Good luck.

@Creekside I don't get blisters, but I have somehow bruised the palms of my hands from digging holes recently. Like they're not black and blue or anything and there's no visible bruising, but it hurts to touch or apply pressure. I am guessing the repetitive motion of moving the shovel and the pressure exerted into the palm of your hand when digging must have bruised them :g:

Have an excuse on hand too as to why your wondering around in the middle of nowhere.  Bird book in the pocket and some fat balls in the trees :yep: