Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

botanics

Seedsman Grow Contest - 4 Way Multistrain Madness In the Night Garden

302 posts in this topic

In The Night Garden...

Welcome folks to this, my entry for the Seedsman grow contest 2016/17.

First the acknowledgements to @J Trich and Seedsman for running this competition and the outstandingly awesome generosity in not only running the compo, putting up the prizes etc, but also dishing out the magic beans for gratis in order for peeps to run in it...my gratitude to Seedsman and J Trich on this and kudos to you guys :yinyang:

Okay so the deal was to run 3 varieties out and as such some months ago, I recieved a 3 pack of feminised seeds for Somango and Nemesis and a pack of Regulars of Narkush, however some may know that my space isn't very large and I push it by running at 400 Watt even (the space was designed to use a 250 HID but I found that 250 wasn't providing the flower show I wanted so push it hard).

Well, there's good and there's bad news on this and due to the Narkush being regulars the intension was to run three Somango and three Nemesis for a part one to the diary and then run the Narkush straight after the finish to conclude with a part two.  Well due to time constraints as I'm later starting these than I originally intended, I'm having to alter this somewhat and considering what I experienced earlier plus recent issues with too many plants in a little space affecting the bloom production it may well be a universal sign of positive direction (I'll explain later).

Now a deal is a deal and three strains were sent out but I'm hoping Seedsman see how I'm trying to honour their good faith with a little bit of a change here, so I'll only have time for the one diary before November but the flipside is, I'll be running four different Seedsman strains, one bean each in 7.5 L final pots (I've run six in the grow cab in 5 L finals but it's too tight and affecting the yield).  I'm able to do this as I took advantage of Seedsman's crimbo offers and bought their Blueberry and Jack Herrer, with some Power Africa, Nevilles Haze and Afghani #1 freebies and was a blinding deal for the little money the purchase cost me.

This diary for the competition as said will have four different strains of one seed each and as I promised originally to run the Narkush for the diary, what I'll do is to also document them when I run them in this forum but of course this won't be in time for the competion element.

The Prologue

Strains being run :-

Nemesis (x1) Somango (x1) Jack Herrer (x1) Blueberry (x1)

Earlier on today I put some compost (I'll be using reused for this run and is Jack's Magic and Westland MP combined) into starter pots, 3/4 filled, gave them a soak but not drenched with a solution of Maxicrop Seaweed Extract, then made a hole 5mm deep, sprinkled some Vitax Hormone Rooting Powder into the hole and placed a seed of each strain into said holes, covered the seed and then a gentle spray and  placed all four into my propagator and under a 25 Watt CFL to keep them warm in my little starter box.

As said above however there may well be a universal sign here as when I deciding on which seed from each strain to use, two of the Nemesis failed the pinch test and crushed so were not viable, of course from then on it was hope and pray from me for the last seed, fortunately it was fine and has gone into the hole, the other strains were all good and I picked the most mature looking seed from each for the run.  Some are a bit paler though so fingers crossed.

And that's about it for today really and we'll see now in a few days as to how things get on, all that remains now is the obligatory picture of the humble beginnings for these seeds and thanks for watching :yep:

large.58ac853d26494_SeedsmanCompetition-Preface.jpg

16 people like this

Looking forward to the show mate. Best of luck with these girls :yep:

3 people like this

@botanics count me in mate, atb with your grow 

3 people like this

@botanics

I knew about the first 3 choices but the two new ones Jack Herrer and Blueberry I'd love to see grown out and reported on too so best of luck with them all mate  :oldtoker:

6 people like this

Thanks to you mate... all good with your replanning.. Good luck and happy germination.  ;)

3 people like this

@SkyRider @MeanGreenScouseMachine @Fragg @J Trich

Thanks guys for the support in here, good to have you in here too lads, biscuits are in the jars, teabags and kettle in the usual place like oh and a little bit of Bubba Kush CBD in the jars left too ;)

J Trich, I am sorry that the Narkush are not being done in time for the competition element mate but like I said they will be documented when I run them as Seedsman were bloody good to me for sending them out and a deal is a deal :yinyang: actually mate I've been doing some thinking and got some ideas for those and these Ghanian landrace beans I've got here that Happy Hippy sent in from Africa, could be some cooking and all matter of naughtyness going on when I run them so could well make for an interesting adventure :v:

7 people like this

great start @botanics looking forward to seeing how the blueberry and nemisis turns out sounds very interesting :yep: 

best of luck my friend, not that your gonna need it :yep: 

coys :smokin: 

3 people like this

Hope you well @botanics looks like this will is going to be a great run.. jack Herrer being a personal favourite of mine.. I'll pull up a chair and make brew.. good luck mate

3 people like this

Update - Day 3 24/0

Afternoon folks, a timely progress report on this grow in here.

Okay so the beans were planted straight into compost eight days ago and put under a CFL in the propagator, well after a few days I noticed one ushing the compost up so could see that things were underfoot and over the course of the next two days three of the beans planted had surfaced (this is the day I'm counting as day 1 for the diary) however, one the Nemesis failed to germinate and today I had a little poke around to see if anything was happening and I'm sorry to say but it's a no goer, so that eliminates the Nemesis from the grow I'm afraid as it was the last viable bean in the pack, perhaps they were damaged en route or something who knows. 

Anyhow it's not a problem as I have others beans and wishing to keep it to the four way multigrow theme I decided to put in one of the Power Africa seeds I have so that's gone into some compost today and is under the lamps with the others.

They have all been on a 24 hour light regime and under 50 W CFL (4500K) since germinating and I'll be upping the power to 75 W tomorrow for a couple of days and then thereafter will give them 100 W until going under the halide (250 W) when the cab is free in a couple of weeks.

Temps are peaking at 27 C and is more or less constant due to the 24 hour light schedule they are currently on which I'm happy with, humidity I don't know but will keep an eye on them and give them a mist now and again as they like it.

So, some pics then and not much to see but at least there's something.

large.58b6ee3e4a60a_SeedsmanCompoGrow-Week1001.jpglarge.58b6ee4e91ea3_SeedsmanCompoGrow-Week1002.jpglarge.58b6ee6e3cafd_SeedsmanCompoGrow-Week1004.jpglarge.58b6ee60dc0ab_SeedsmanCompoGrow-Week1003.jpglarge.58b6ee7d65423_SeedsmanCompoGrow-Week1005.jpg

So that's it for today folks, will check in after the PA is up with another update, thanks for watching :yep:

7 people like this

@coys

Thanks buddy, sorry about the Nemesis though, seems that it's my Nemesis at the mo too lol nevermind, something a bit exotic perhaps in the Power Africa who knows eh :v:

@Green-trialist

Having never smoked a Jack Herrer myself mate I too am looking forward to seeing how she gets on, I like a smoke to give me a right kicking if you know what I mean lol take a pew bud you're more than welcome in here :yep:

5 people like this

@botanics

How's it going fella, you been busy with these comps aye!

Gutted to see your nemesis failed, I've got them for my grow...

Good luck with the rest of them :)

4 people like this

@beezee

Thanks bud, good to see you about too BZ ;) Hope those Nemesis show for you mate, think I just had a few duffers and happens now and again as you know, gimme a shout when they go in dirt man as I will stop by and see how they get on :yep:

aye I bet you're getting ready now for a busy season out there in the undergrowth, fingers crossed for some blinding weather this year bud :v:

5 people like this

I hope they show mate and it's not a duff batch. The plan was to get the tent back up by the end of the month, but I think that's been put back at least a couple of weeks now, we'll what I can get away with tho.

Aye flat out outdoors now, digging holes and making cages. Gonna do a seed plot this year too :) soon as I get the last of the beans I'll get my diary sorted...

4 people like this

Update Day 10 24/0

A mini update peeps on the progress of this grow and well last time I had put in another bean (Power Africa) to compensate for the Nemesis no show, well afraid to say guys, I'm still waiting on that bean planted as I've no show of with that one yet either :( I've left it though this time, no poking around and yesterday I also decided to put another PA bean but also hedged bets and put a White Widow bean in too so, if both pop up I'll run with the PA and of course the three that are up, if only the Widow pops up then it'll be the Widow with the others. 

large.58c0117d3c1f8_SeedsmanCompo-NewBeansPlanted.jpg

Speaking of the others, well because I'm waiting for the fourth bean to germ for the run I've held these back and they are running under only 50 Watt CFL at the moment, it's keeping them slowed down but to be honest, I reallyneed to get them under some proper power, so I'm fingers crossed with these last two put in and at least one shows quick, if all goes well, I'll be getting them under the halide a lot sooner than originally planned as I'm already late with these and if I don't get them done, running out of weed will occur and that'll do my head in lol  so a short veg is looking exceedingly likely now with these plants.

(My usual methods are to run under CFL for the first few weeks and then under halide when going into the final pot)

I'll get some photos up of the others over the next couple of days and thanks for watching :yep:

7 people like this

@botanics gutted about the nemesis I really wanted to see that strain and hear your report on it.

im sure you will do great as always my friend

keep it real

MGSM

5 people like this