Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Bucketboi

Glueberry OG - first time grow diary

60 posts in this topic

I think this strain is going on my 'what to grow next' list. I've done an OG albeit a high cbd version and it's a great strain for crosses. No wonder so many breeders are using it. Then there the super frosty GG which I havn't tried but I've got a pack of autos for the greenhouse. Mix in the classic Blueberry and it should be an excellent all round strain. I'm sold - hook, line and sinker :) 

 

eta Good luck with them!

Edited by bearukc
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, newagegenetics said:

all your plants are Glueberry OGs?

 

GG4 is very easy growing strain, don't worry... OG is sometimes lanky but in this cross I don't think it will be too lanky, however gg4 also like to stretch a lot, but not lanky.

@newagegenetics

no mate it's a multi strain grow so have a few different on the go

DP blueberry (fem)

bomb seeds - atomic bomb (fem)

Dinafem PAK & Critical jack (fem)

Seedsman - skunk01(fem)

 

I clone everything as I go and bin strains that don't seem to suite my style of tinkering

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

How did the move, with the dames go BBoi ??................. get em all in the new spot ok bro ??........... nightmare with black bags over em when moved in daylight BBoi mate ???..............hope it all went ok man....... Best to all;  Doris is a blowing a gale here !! 50mph winds... AM

Edited by AutoMaster
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/02/2017 at 4:15 AM, bearukc said:

I think this strain is going on my 'what to grow next' list. I've done an OG albeit a high cbd version and it's a great strain for crosses. No wonder so many breeders are using it. Then there the super frosty GG which I havn't tried but I've got a pack of autos for the greenhouse. Mix in the classic Blueberry and it should be an excellent all round strain. I'm sold - hook, line and sinker :) 

 

eta Good luck with them!

 

Cheers for that. Ticks a lot of boxes for me.

be interesting to see the trich coverage at cut day. If it all runs a bit more smother than the start

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, AutoMaster said:

How did the move, with the dames go BBoi ??................. get em all in the new spot ok bro ??........... nightmare with black bags over em when moved in daylight BBoi mate ???..............hope it all went ok man....... Best to all;  Doris is a blowing a gale here !! 50mph winds... AM

@AutoMaster

i was slightly stressed bout the whole thing haha

i had 3 trays to move so wedged them into the front seat of the car, built a little fort around them to help shield them from prying eyes, then drove in a non suspicious manner making sure no one came to close.moved them at night so had a small led white light on nestled in between then to try and continue the light regime .

I had a 25 minute drive to the new pad well 35 minutes because it was burnouts and drifts all the way so that shit always slows me down 

 

I did think about taking a in transit shot of the ladies but thought I was jinxing myself so gave it a miss.

 

so they arrived last Sunday and have been severely neglected due to long work hours but am about to restart the love.

They are very very Hungary 

I'll post up a pic or two this weekend once they are back on track

 

I saw that even on our local news channel.  It's like a cat 1 or cat 2 cyclone in my neck of the woods

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

Thought it was time to do an update of the two Glueberry og rascals that I have under the hoods.

 Where to start?

large.IMG_2272.JPG

 

large.IMG_2273.JPG

 

large.IMG_2274.JPG

 

 

Right then, I'll start off with saying the last 4 weeks have been very non productive when it comes to the care and attention needed to running a decent grow/flower cycle.

Life has stuck her nose in a few times and has taken my attention away from my hobby/passion.

i won't list the non growing events that have so far dominated this grow. The growing issues I will document as follows:

1 lack of nutrient

  I had to move house about 5 weeks ago which incorporated a full pull down,           Transport then a haphazard rebuild. As part of the move I managed to mix up my box of nutrients into the 5000000 other boxes I moved and of course, I did not label it as I thought there would be no way I could mix it all up. It took me nearly 10 days to locate them (I just want to say I lost my marbles during the search).

Therefore they had 10 days of just Springwater and by the end they were extremely wilted and just about fucked. It has taken me nearly 2 weeks of pampering to get them back to the state of the latest pics. I have cut off a lot of the lower sun leaves as they did not make it through. With the move, I was broke and could not afford to lash out on more nutrient.

 In regards to nutrient levels and my process during this pampering stage, I used quarter strength Veg solution for 3 days then upped it to half strength for the next 3 days and so on till full strength. Ph was always 6.0 and the max fertiliser strength I use (due to multistrain grows) is 2 ml per litre. I also sprayed them with 1/4 strength Veg solution once a week.

2.  Root Bound

 another problem which also got the better of me this time, is the two babies got root bound in small pots. I got so sidetracked trying to locate my nutrients and with family/ work/ life balance nowhere to be seen, I just did not get around to potting them up till about 2 weeks ago. I should have taken some pics of their root structures but alas I did not.They are now in their final pots. The new pics are with them still in their small pots as I will throw up some more recent pics in the next few days.

 

3. Temperature non- control

 It has been the longest hottest summer here on record. The temperature spikes have been a bit of a nightmare. There have been days when I have recorded 38 degrees Celsius in my room and 70-80% relative humidity. This has been significant as I have had to incorporate a portable aircon into the setup to try and drop both the temperature and RH. This seems to have had a good effect on the variations of temp and RH.

 

 

 

 

 A couple of observations.

 I have noticed that the Glueberry og's were the quickest to recover. I run a multistrain system and the GBO's were the quickest to recover of all the strains I run.

 The root systems of both plants were both significantly denser that the other strains even after the severe neglect i imposed upon them

The largest of the 2 has fan leaves which look like swept back ends of passenger aircraft wings.

 

 So that's it for now, I'll post up some newer pics in the next few days as wanted to document the trials and tribulations that these two have endured so far.

take it easy all and be good at at least good at it

BB

Edited by Bucketboi
Spelling
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DutchPassionTony said:

enjoy this grow bucket boi, and maybe this recent grow of Auto Glueberry OG will whet your appetite.

https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/news-and-development/dutch-passion-auto-glueberry-og-cannabis-grow-review-in-coco-with-auto-pots/

 

Holy big buds batman 

thanks @DutchPassionTony 

That has made my day with making me feel inadequate 

Time for an update me thinks as he wanders off to find a camera

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

large.IMG_2290.JPG

 

Glueberry OG 02  Day 14 flower 12/12

 

large.IMG_2291.JPG

 

Glueberry OG 01 Day 1 flower 12/12

 

large.IMG_2292.JPG

 

comparing shot. Day 1 vs day 14.  -  doubled itself during stretch

 

 

hello again all,

This weeks update is proudly brought to you with relatively no new news on the fuckup/neglect issue. Fingers crossed am going for 2 weeks in a row.

 

 Firstly wanted to mention why the difference of two weeks between GBOG01 and GBOG02. It's mainly down to how I sequence my perpetual grow at 2 weekly intervals. After all the mistreatment imposed equally on both plants, number 02 was much bigger than number 01. Initially number 01 was the bigger but number 2 recovered the quickest.

 

 That being said, number 2 was put into flower first and number 1 was given 2 more weeks of veg 18/6. Hence the difference.

 

 I hope that explains the size differences. Partly pheno difference then a inadvertent recovery test then amplified by an early exposure to flowering sequence.

 

nutrient is fresh from today with measurements  ec 1.4 and pH 6.0 with plants having/ or will have flower nutrient for whole of flowering period.

 The sequence will be

nutrient water nutrient water nutrient water water - 7 day cycle

 

water is springwater 

 

observations since last update

Plant 02 has taken off since being put into flowering room. It is currently under a 400 W HPS . It has 2 more weeks then is moved under 600 W HPS for the remainder of the flower period.

Has doubled in size but stretch seems to be slowing down.

Plant 02 is starting to uptake more volume of nutrient and water approx 3/4 litre a day

 

really need to find my camera so can take some decent macro shots and add them here

 

thats all for now folks so take it easy and may the genetic gods look down on us all favourably 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings fellow earthlings

It's that time for a belated update. The pics were taken last Friday (7/4/17) and yes, it has taken me awhile to sit down and take the time to post the weekly update.

 The pics this week, are limited to a comparison shot and some developing bud shots of the biggest of the girls.

 

large.IMG_2320.JPG

 

 

Nutrient is made up once a week (32 litres of AN jungle juice 2 part ) with a nutrient Str of 1.4 and Ph 6.0. It also has a bubbler on 24/7 for oxygenation. I only test nutrient strength once a week but I test ph every other day as I find it drifts up and by the end of the week it can be up to 6.7 - 7.0 

 

Temperature has been steady around 27 degrees Celsius and Rh sits around 60 percent. The temperatures are starting to cool so will be looking at implementing some heating for the nutrient solution.

 

GBOG 02 observations 

 The biggest of the two and it is definitely a plant that has doubled in size (maybe 2.5 times) . The flower production has gone into overdrive and already there is a substantial layer of trichromes in the developing flowers and on the sugar leaf. The trichrome seem to run the full length of most of the sugar leaves. So much so that there is trichrome coverage on the underside of the leaves running along the vein lines( I will try and take a pic for the next update). I have not seen that before so am always finding out new things about the miracle that is cannabis.

 

 This plant is nutrient Hungary. I hand water with a big plastic cup where every plant gets a certain volume from the cup. Most plants at their Hungary, I have ever only have to put in 1 and a half cups. This girl already takes 1.5 cups and she is only 3 weeks into flower.

 

i will have to put in some stakes so as to prop up the developing colas. They are starting to get that wobbly look and as stated only 3 weeks into flower.

 

 Some pics of number 02

large.IMG_2319.JPGlarge.IMG_2318.JPG

 

 

GBOG01

 

This has def started to stretch and pistils have started to form. First noticed at day 8 or 9. Next weeks update I will include some close ups of number 01 flower development 

 

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 13/04/2017 at 10:06 PM, Bucketboi said:

Greetings fellow earthlings

It's that time for a belated update. The pics were taken last Friday (7/4/17) and yes, it has taken me awhile to sit down and take the time to post the weekly update.

 The pics this week, are limited to a comparison shot and some developing bud shots of the biggest of the girls.

 

large.IMG_2320.JPG

 

 

Nutrient is made up once a week (32 litres of AN jungle juice 2 part ) with a nutrient Str of 1.4 and Ph 6.0. It also has a bubbler on 24/7 for oxygenation. I only test nutrient strength once a week but I test ph every other day as I find it drifts up and by the end of the week it can be up to 6.7 - 7.0 

 

Temperature has been steady around 27 degrees Celsius and Rh sits around 60 percent. The temperatures are starting to cool so will be looking at implementing some heating for the nutrient solution.

 

GBOG 02 observations 

 The biggest of the two and it is definitely a plant that has doubled in size (maybe 2.5 times) . The flower production has gone into overdrive and already there is a substantial layer of trichromes in the developing flowers and on the sugar leaf. The trichrome seem to run the full length of most of the sugar leaves. So much so that there is trichrome coverage on the underside of the leaves running along the vein lines( I will try and take a pic for the next update). I have not seen that before so am always finding out new things about the miracle that is cannabis.

 

 This plant is nutrient Hungary. I hand water with a big plastic cup where every plant gets a certain volume from the cup. Most plants at their Hungary, I have ever only have to put in 1 and a half cups. This girl already takes 1.5 cups and she is only 3 weeks into flower.

 

i will have to put in some stakes so as to prop up the developing colas. They are starting to get that wobbly look and as stated only 3 weeks into flower.

 

 Some pics of number 02

large.IMG_2319.JPGlarge.IMG_2318.JPG

 

 

GBOG01

 

This has def started to stretch and pistils have started to form. First noticed at day 8 or 9. Next weeks update I will include some close ups of number 01 flower development 

 

 

 

Looking mint mate I've got 3 glueberry og's they are 35 days into flower. I will put a picture up later. Av never seen so much crystal and it smells lovely like fruity jellys.Mine tripled in height for the first 2 and a half weeks settled down though bb good luck finishing off mate

Edited by toongrow
Full stops
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Looking nice bro,i plan to get the glueberry og for my 2nd round so will be following :)

 

Cheers.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
Spelling
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/04/2017 at 4:47 PM, toongrow said:

Looking mint mate I've got 3 glueberry og's they are 35 days into flower. I will put a picture up later. Av never seen so much crystal and it smells lovely like fruity jellys.Mine tripled in height for the first 2 and a half weeks settled down though bb good luck finishing off mate

@toongrow be good to have a gander at some pics of other GBOG's and your right, fruit jelly springs to mind

 

On 20/04/2017 at 9:19 AM, H4rdc0r3 said:

Looking nice bro,i plan to get the glueberry og for my 2nd round so will be following :)

 

Cheers.

 @H4rdc0r3  yep have to say despite all the mistreatment these babies have some come on strong

 

 

 

update to follow

Share this post


Link to post

large.IMG_2362.JPG

 

large.IMG_2361.JPGlarge.IMG_2359.JPGlarge.IMG_2360.JPG

 

Nanu Nanu fellow uk420er's,

Its time for another update. I seem to be a week out with my updates so am behind one. This one is for last week bahaha

So what to report.

This strain has caught me a bit off guard with how Hungary she is. I have had some yellowing of the sun leaves and the volume of nutrient absorbed, is the biggest of all the strains I have going at the moment(6 I think off the top of my head).

I have not upped the strength of the nutrient this grow but something to tinker with next time. I have just attempted to tackle the problem with an increase in volume.

 

I have taken cuttings off the bottom of two and are in the fridge waiting to be cloned up in the next few days or so. I also do this to improve airflow as I struggle with temps. I'll give a report on how the cloning goes but I usually do not to bad on the strike rate.

 

i have also turned on the 600 watt hps so both sides of the tent are now illuminated with the smaller sittting under the 400W and the bigger sitting inbetween both lights. The big one will be moved under the 600 W next week

 

All the usual things have been done, flush then new nutrient (same parameters 1.4ec and 6.0ph)

 

Number 02's smell reminds me of fruit jelly ( pinched the phrase from toongrow)

Numbr 01's smell is fairly non existent in context I have a few other plants on the go and the aromas are mixed in together so it's hard to distinguish.

 

 I also hope the res of the pics is better as have a better way of resizing them so they fit the upload limit. Now just to work on my photography skills.

 

Thats it for now peoples, stay safe and may the door gods be with us all

BB

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

large.IMG_2413.JPGlarge.IMG_2414.JPGlarge.IMG_2415.JPGlarge.IMG_2416.JPGlarge.IMG_2417.JPGlarge.IMG_2418.JPGlarge.IMG_2419.JPG

 

Greetings fellow 3rd rockers from the sun.

Its that time again for another belated update. I am still behind a week on my updates and pics so the following info is from last weekend.

I can't help but follow a meandering path.

 

Now to the nitty gritty.

There has been very little environmental / system deviation this week.

Nutrient has been changed for fresh stuff with same parameters as before ( ec 1.4 and ph 6.0 and have replaced the trays with clean ones( a weekly change because I have learnt if I don't, then I overfertilise and burn the hell out of anything that is growing at the time).

They have also had the weekly flush ( done on Saturdays with a very weak nutrient strength Springwater).

 

I am sure I have mentioned why I do things this way but any queries please feel free to ask. 

 

 

The ambient temperatures are on the cool down so the temps have been good with the maximum being 29 degrees Celsius ( with both lights going and running cool tubes so venting outside once it has gone through a carbon filter). Obviously will have to keep an eye on overnight temps and rig up some heating if so requires.

 

I still have not got a heater for my nutrient tank so that on the list but still have a month or so till it becomes an issue.

 

Observations

 

I thought I should start recording down the physical characteristics of the bud developments.

Number 02

I have noticed that the buds on number 2 (GBOG02) are really starting to golf ball out. The pistils are starting to turn orange with at least half of them now changed colour. The trichrome coverage is very extensive and the smell is still strong but it has lost a bit of its sharpness and seems to be a bit more fruity. The buds have a white frosty sheen. There is still new growth and pistils on top of the buds.

I have a limited knowledge and vocabulary when it comes to being descriptive with this sort of info so will read a few more grow threads and see how else I can get the information across.

 

Number 01

As it's 2 weeks behind, the development is not as advanced but am happy so far.  There is still a huge amount of pistils being grown and the smell is of fruit jelly.

 

 

So that's about it for now, I will mention that I do believe ( my experience only ) is that this strain can take some more nutrient strength as well as the fact that she seems to be thirsty all the time.

 

Take it easy all and be safe

BB

 

Edited by Bucketboi
Forgot the pics
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now