Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Apprentice Farmer

First time grow! Just Potted!

170 posts in this topic

@@Apprentice Farmer pro looking start you got going there mate and as others have said it's going to get cramped in there further down the road as I reckon you have the right approach for a first timer and will surprise yourself ;) Bowl of water in the tent will work a treat for extra humidity too and take Bob's advice re pics but I think the limit is 750KB, I find resizing to a max of 1280 pixels shrinks it under the required file size.

ATB mate with your grow :)

Cheers mate I've done loads of research over the past year so let's see if I've gor the minerals haha

1 person likes this

Hey mate thanks for the advice, yeah I think at least 3 of them will be quite lanky so I'm going to have to get into some LST at some point. I've got them on 24/7 at the moment until the make an appearance then I'll lower it to 18/6.

Humidity is around 50% at the moment would you say that's too low? Temp is around 28c so think I need to get another small fan to get some more circulation in there.

Any pointers on light cycle will be much appreciated, I've heard loads of different methods. I want to keep it simple, is 18/6 the optimum??

besides when mine were seedlings my humidity never changed from around 50 from start so wouldnt worry about it also its drying in paper bags but id say i got min 2 oz per plant with no training and i ran 18/6 right threw this was my 1st grow that was my royal crytical at 63 days

mix of my 1st grow autos

2 people like this

besides when mine were seedlings my humidity never changed from around 50 from start so wouldnt worry about it also its drying in paper bags but id say i got min 2 oz per plant with no training and i ran 18/6 right threw this was my 1st grow that was my royal crytical at 63 days

Quality mate! Looks like you're a natural, she looks big too, nice big buds!

Nice one for the heads up about the humidity as Well, it's about 56/57 at the minute need to get another bowl in there I think.

How long are you gonna dry for? Are you gonna cure as Well?

1 person likes this

yes mate i had 2 down earlier than this it takes about 4 days to dry in brown paper bags i think it keeps a weed smell not like hay then i jar em as well for as long as it takes . my best advice is keep it simple dont overthink it these autos are tough plants im hang drying some to but when my 1st 2 were ready the tent was still in use hence the bag method but i would highly recommend trying it when the time comes

@@Apprentice Farmer are you reading humidity from your room or individual pots as I see now you've created humidity domes for each ?

it's gonna get bushy in there

@@Apprentice Farmer are you reading humidity from your room or individual pots as I see now you've created humidity domes for each ?

it's gonna get bushy in there, try a humidifier for £40. Amazon eBay etc

PS: 8L should be fine mate as long as they're not over vegged

@@scousetomo sounds nice and easy exactly what I need Haha, I'm planning on growing continual so will need a method like that.

@@fritzivation just reading the room at the moment I am curious about under the some though I have another on order but won't be here until Monday. Might need to purchase a humidifier too just to get it nice for veg!

Temp is currently 27.9c and humidity is 60 into second day of germ now.

@@scousetomo sounds nice and easy exactly what I need Haha, I'm planning on growing continual so will need a method like that.

@@fritzivation just reading the room at the moment I am curious about under the some though I have another on order but won't be here until Monday. Might need to purchase a humidifier too just to get it nice for veg!

Temp is currently 27.9c and humidity is 60 into second day of germ now.

I rocked a homemade dome once and decided to pop the temp gauge inside to monitor it, it was 36 degrees but humid. Be careful. you will probably find that if your medium is wet enough, the heat from the lamp/room will cause the effect you want and humifity the room more but 60% is a start !

27.9c is perfect

1 person likes this

@@fritzivation Ive taken the dome off, just going to let it germinate naturally now. Thanks foe the advice and input man! Appreciated.

1 person likes this

Quick update guys, will be 72 hours into germ at 11pm tonight, still no appearance from the girls though. Misted the top of the soil as it was feeling dry, bottom of the pot still has moisture so not gonna water yet. The environment is pretty stable now, highest temp of 28.4 and lowest was 26.8, humidity is hovering around 70. Have just received my humidifier ready for veg!

Also lights are still on 24/7

Quick update guys, will be 72 hours into germ at 11pm tonight, still no appearance from the girls though. Misted the top of the soil as it was feeling dry, bottom of the pot still has moisture so not gonna water yet. The environment is pretty stable now, highest temp of 28.4 and lowest was 26.8, humidity is hovering around 70. Have just received my humidifier ready for veg! Also lights are still on 24/7

Whaaaat 72 hours and no sign ? how deep did you put them mate sounds to me like they could be struggling

I put them a cm down.. both the RQS have sprouted now thank fuck!! I'm moved some of the soil from the surface to make it easier...

So im 50% at the moment

I put them a cm down.. both the RQS have sprouted now thank fuck!! I'm moved some of the soil from the surface to make it easier...

So im 50% at the moment

Good call ! I've been digging for China before when some late bloomers have been hiding, it doesn't always end well lol I've now learner my lesson and EXTRA careful now

Best of luck I'm watching :-)

1 person likes this

So just got home from work to see the other two breaking through the soil, still not fully opened but they're there! Think I put them a touch too far down in the soil, lesson learnt for next time!

The pots are feeling pretty light but still a touch damp. Would it be a bad idea to make a very diluted root juice feed and water them lightly? Or should I wait for signs that they're thirsty? Will get some pics on later.

Moist not damp

1 person likes this

root juice should be fine mate

personally I have a spray bottle and give them a light scooting as they're opening up just enough so that they can take it up and not too much so the medium around is soaking and takes ages ;) keep a good eye on them too so they don't dry out too fast

1 person likes this