Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

assault and battery

Skyline 400w LED anyone?

18 posts in this topic

I've been looking at what I'd like Santa to bring me and I came across the skyline 400w LED. It's a uk company (I doubt it's uk made) and its in my price range. I do have an older Appollo 12 LED but for the space I want to use its a little big and it has a lot of fans and I need it quiet. The skyline has aluminium sinks so no fans - I just wondered if anyone else has used one or considered one and what put you off/sold it to you.

Thanks in advance

2 people like this

Odd, I was doing window shopping and was just looking at that, I couldnt find any reviews on it though which wasnt encouraging.

2 people like this

@@Fingermouse

That's why I thought I'd ask. The only reviews were from happy shoppers who had only just plugged it in and another from a guy who needed a replacement part as soon as he got his...

I like the look of it. I'm not sure I like it enough to part with so much money without knowing how it performs.

2 people like this

I see hans panel do a fanless light too. I just thought it looked like someone knocked it up in the shed, which shouldn't matter really if it performs, but I totally judged that book by its cover

1 person likes this

The Hans ones are good for the money...I use them got 3 on at the mo. :oldtoker:

@@Arthur Mix

I think I'm going to ask Santa for x2 of the fanless ones.

I'm a bit worried about heat, as the space is only 140cm high but 120 wide. Do they run fairly hot?

Eta. I just realised the fanless ones are 75wat and the fan ones are 180w.

I don't know much about electricity but the 180w sounds better maybe.

Edited by Kiminal
1 person likes this

I've ran 1 1/2 grows this year with 2 X Mars Hydro 300w/140w actual and was really pleased until I placed a tiny 35w CMH in at one end and could not believe the difference it made to that end of my scrog.In side profile from the LED only end it ramped up to the CMH end that was so vibrant and healthy I honestly couldn't believe it.

I've now built a 350w diy unit with 10x35w ballasts/G12 Philips bulbs that are really quite cheap online.I fitted them into a diy Aluminium reflector/heatsink and are switched in pairs so i can have 2 or anything up to 10 on and the ramp growth effect has been caught up now it's CMH only and the Kripplings Bud Bud Bling Tingz is 3wks into flower and going CMH crazy with a diffuser in to.

I grew a lot for the wrong reasons until 12 years or so ago and only with Hps so wanted to give LED a go on my return and it worked pretty good but after this I wouldn't recommend one now unless in a very small space.

Edited by Badbadger
2 people like this

i love my skyline check then on youtube

Edited by Owderb
2 people like this

The skyline 400w looks to be very good, it's using the cree leds, water proof and rather effecient. Best thing you can do is contact the company and ask them what minimum distance from the canopy the light can be at before bleaching the plants. I say this due to your limited height. It may well work perfectly if you grow low and wide then scrog. You wont see many reviews simply because its new to the retail world. To cover a 1.2 space you would really require 2 skyline 400 units. Hans panels you would possible need at least 3.

Edited by tokenroll
3 people like this

i am not sure how to post photos on this site.

£379 lol

@@pukiman stop with your spam

1 person likes this

why say i am spaming

Ordered a Skyline 800w on Thurs, was delivered this morning. 

Dunno yet how it's gonna grow but I hope it'll be a step up from the MarsHydro reflector 192 I've been using.

Build quality very impressive. Puts out a shitload of light. I can look at the leds on my Mars with the naked eye. I tried that once with this, I won't be trying it again.

1 person likes this

don't do that. blue destroys your eyes. I'm guessing it's red/blue? macular degeneration is how theyll know what you did when you were younger ;)

edit. its not blue ahaa!  should read more before posting! deffo get glasses anyways- its still not good for em! 

definitely a lot better than mars. they look really good

Edited by lukio

@Bobth

im still very interested in these for when I build my more permanent set up, I am busting to go full LED  and ditch the hps. 

why not set up a diary in the new LED grow diary section, (pretty please)  I'm sure lots of people would be interested. 

Hope your eyes recover soon!  Happy growing with your new light :)