Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teeth

Lying with the Bitch(es) in the Wardrobe

63 posts in this topic

@@Claude

Many thanks to the Serious Team - Claude and Simon -that boy Thomas deserves a payrise :) You've put a beaming smile on my grumpy face.

Well, this is my second crack at writing this! I had just finished and thought I'd posted but it vannished into the ether!

I've been lurking on UK420 since about 2007/08 but until the last year I've not posted. The reason I've not posted is a number of reasons - because I was always far too paranoid about securtiy risks, about the amount of keyboard warriors on all forums who talk loud and say nothing and lastly because my grows never look as tasty as the numerous diaries I've read.

Anyway I'd seen that Simon or Claude from Serous were asking for volunteers to test the reworked bubblegum line and thought "nothing ventured nothing gained". To my complete shock and delight I was notified that I had been selected to be a tester so thought I'd better get over my shyness and get started.

A wee bit about me - this is my second incarnation of growing the first was when I first joined the site. I grew Serious Seeds White Russian (a couple of runs) CrazyX Lemon Stinky and was about to try Serious Bubblegum but had to shut down partly due to security but more realistically to do with my paranoia.

So last year came about and I got to thinking about how much I was wasting on wet crap weed and that I knew that even if the stuff I produced was crap it would still be a huge improvement over the crap I'd been getting so went about setting up a micro grow in a cupboard. This grew arms and legs and although my space hasn't really grown any, the equipment has and beginning to think my environment is slowly but surely getting there.

Area = 50cm deep x 80 cm long x 220 ish high lined with floorsafe then mylar type stuff spray glued on top

Lighting = Sunmaster FX 250-660W dimmable digital ballast, 150W + 2 x 24W T5 Fish tank luminaire, Various CFLs, 250W MH250W HPS (not dual) + 400W dual spectrum lamps

Fans = 4 x 125 mm pc fans, TD 125/350 + 150 Hyper fan (not using yet)

Filter = Rhino Pro 200/800

Reflector = 125 mm/ 5" Silver Star air cooled hood

Medium = Plant Magic Soil Supreme (seeds), Biobizz all mix for potting on, Plagron Batmix for finals

Nutes = Hesi soil - about to run out of a few bottles so currently pondering Biobizz Fish Mix, Bloom and Topmax although the guy in the shop recommended Bio Nova saying they're cleaner than Biobizz whatever that means - just to add hesi have been superb up to now so might just stay with them. Also have in the medicine chest - Vitax Q4 myro fungi, PM Biosilicon, Maxicrop green top, Vitax Rootzone (feebie)

DSC00587

DSC00588

DSC00589

The plan is to pop four beans into 500 ml water 0.5ml maxicrop for a 24 hour soak (bathing as we speak), pop them onto paper towels until the tap roots show then put into first tiny pot of compost (used root riots before but prefer them for clones not seeds).

Then pot them up going 0.5L - 1.5L - 3.5L - 6L then not sure if I will stick 5 6L pots in the space of go up to 2 x 10L as finals - we'll see how well they take off.

So that's it from me for now, go easy folks as although I talk loud I'm a sensitive soul who does over think stuff. That's not to say I don't enjoy a giggle so all kinds of nonsense and good fun most welcome however if you're a xenophone, a homophobe, a bigot or generally just a narrow minded person maybe go find somewhere like minded cause it's no here. As for the rest of us then let the craic commence.

I will no doubt make a shed load of mistakes and really do appreciate any advice/constructive criticism and even a bit of banter as well.

All the best folks stay safe.

4 people like this

Hi Teeth,

We are glad to see you happy and also doing a journal.

Thank you bud!

Respect

Claude

1 person likes this

Mmm this will be a good watch I loved the old bubblegum top smoke it is :yep:

Good luck will sure drop by to see the progress of these!

1 person likes this

Thanks for having a look @@m99,

I was caught out by how tall they were compared to the Lemon Stinky and White Russian's the first time I tried to grow them. So will be keeping it to a single strain grow and be ready with the string and scissors for some mainlining and lST.

Take care

1 person likes this

good luck with these im just waiting on mr postman to deliver mine

3 people like this

I noticed that you'd posted saying you'd been selected too @@r3d, I'll be keeping an eye out for your diary in the hope that I can pick up some tips.

For your info the envelope had a post mark of 25/11 so imagine yours should be with you shortly.

1 person likes this

all the best with them mate :bong:

1 person likes this

Many thanks @@bubbly82,

hope i can do them justice - now gotta find myself a distraction for a few days as the urge to go over and open the cupboard their in is strong and they've only been in the drink a couple of hours! "Step back from the beans" :)

Peace

2 people like this

@@Teeth

cheers mate

i will find out when i get home in the next hour if posties left me anything

1 person likes this

good luck dude! :oldtoker::oldtoker::oldtoker:

Edited by some1
1 person likes this

Muchos grassy-ass @@some1

Well all the pips have sunk (couldn't resist having a peak) so think I'm going to forego the paper towel stage and pop them straight into compost later. Changed my mind about the towels because I'm a ten thumbed/sausage fingered oaf and remembered my attempts at main lining last time resulted in me decapitating the gals. So best not be fecking about with tap roots - the less interference from me the better.

Also think I'm going to keep updates to once a week which should hopefully show the progress better.

Hope everyone's in sparkling form

Edited by Teeth

You'll be fine skipping the towel method, I germ mine straight into damp soil with no probs!

Just make sure they're not in too deep :)

1 person likes this

@@Teeth

got my xmas card today :thumsup:

@@Claude thanks very much your a star

now for some serious planning lol

Edited by r3d
3 people like this

:trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet: yum yum gimme some bubblegum - will be keeping an eye out for your diary bud, think I'm going to be tapping y'all for info/expertise.

It dawned on me last night it's one thing growing your own at your own pace, but doing a diary is a bit like one of those dreams when you're walking about town naked!

Best of luck

I'm in it too ;)

Just waiting on my beans to drop

Will be good having a few going at the same time to compare .

Going the dwc route with mine :)

Good luck with your grows ;)

2 people like this