Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lazarus1.0

Question regarding trim after reading contrdictory claims

Hiya guys been a while :)

So, regarding the question of whether it is crucial to first dry the trim before making bho, can someone provide a definitive & accurate answer, pretty please?

Some say you cant use fresh trim at all, and then some here say you can and that it doesnt make much of a difference whether dry or fresh at all...Naturally, Im not sure which is right so....

Also, in general regarding hash and oil making, can you use fresh trim or is it not worth it. Again Ive heard and read opposing opinions so I would really appreciate a once and for all kinda answer, :)

Anyways, thank you in advance and oh, almossst forgot how much of a gem this place is.

Keep rockin!

I have made qwiso with frozen fresh trim, it will be quite green, but you can store it for a while and some of the green will go.

I have in the past quick dried trim in the oven ( it really really stinks ) to make butter at a later date. Worked well.

I made bho with fresh frozen on my last run. I thought it tasted nicer.

1 person likes this

I think the general consensus is that using fresh and frozen trim preserves more of the terpenes etc. Being yr extraction will be more tasty / flavourful.

But for maximum yields/returns it's people's preference to first dry, then freeze before the next process in yr extraction.

Obviously it's open to debate and not everyone will agree, but having heard both arguments from multiple different members over the time, I think the above statement holds true.

At the very least that's my understanding for what little that's worth lol

1 person likes this

Dodgee is spot on I think... But my answer is regarding Bubble has, but I would imagine similar circumstances apply.

I find the quality is better with live / fresh trim frozen for a few hours literally just to get it to temp.

But the dry trim just gives you more.

Aaah THANKS for the replies. I agree, Dodgee seems to be really on-point with that answer. So the next question would logically be, by how much less, roughly will the yield be, if done with freshly frozen?

10%, 20?..Just trying to get a ballpark figure so I can calculate if the increase in quality is worth the drop-off in weight...

Much love, people!!

Mine goes in the freezer overnight then I do a Gumbie run on it, no bags, always got a decent (ish) bit of hash to supplement the green. I don't use tobacco (since my heart attack) and am not over keen on the pipe so just use it in my green neat one manners.

Hope this helps.

Bio :)

1 person likes this

Cheers bud it all helps, ate.

Still wondering, however, how much less, roughly you would get by using fresh instead of dried in say as am tryingn to figure out if the increase in quality and taste is worth the drop-off in amounts yielded.

Do half dry and half fresh. You'll know then what your preference is for future. You could always dry your trim and freeze a few popcorn buds to throw in to ramp up the terps. That's my plan next time