Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
*DJ*

a winter water

so then, joined a winter water, im going to try to do at least 1 day/night a week, more if I can, thought id keep a diary here, like a record of my poor angling and bad luck through the colder months, my aim is to just chill and enjoy the being there, as much as the doing it, so far 2 nights and days, 1 snap off, water/fish (1) deej (0)

gallery_27262_13445_31734.jpg

dj...

10 people like this

Looks nice mate are u fishing with natrals or bolies thro the winter dj?

1 person likes this

Good luck and tight lines.

1 person likes this

I'm settling into my bean bag by the fire for this one mate.....good luck for the winter!

Little bag and a pineapple pop up, that was my winter method in my carping days!

Edited by Captain Bonglington
1 person likes this

@@Phucface boillies mate, cranberry + caviar and cell, im thinking of dropping the cranb+caviar for grange with toffee or cream, other than that, as it get colder, hi attract hook baits soaked in a pineapple dip and less food baits bore crumb, iv been looking at rigs hanging from rods, the going thing seems standard 8-12in braid to a 4/6 hook, bait in the swims and wrappers in the bins seem to be mainly mainline cell, il chop and change between until I find a winner,

@BBBill chrs mate!

@CaptainBonglington im on the lil bags, 3oz leads, its a fair cast up the bay from that swim, theres a few spots that's only 40/50yrds, everyone seems to fish a foot or 2 off the reeds that line one side of the water, iv got a selection of rubber popups that take on oils like a sponge, iv done well on them on runs waters in the cold before, I wont be long, few weeks and il be on top of itish! lol

dj..

Edited by *DJ*

Sounds like plan mate what company is the cranberry from ? Carp co? Id personly be on ten millers and maggot n worm but every water is diff makes me wanba dust of me gear lol

@@Phucface my mate gets them rolled by some bait rolling gaff, its their mix, copied from some where no doubt, sounds like a old skool carp company, or solar name, they do all the "names" but at a lower rate, the cell was the same as mainline cell, spot on, I bought some to see, if anything the unbranded ones had more attractor in them I think, :ermm:

dj...

Good luck with the fishing that spot looks pretty tranquil.

GANJABIS

1 person likes this

Fair anuf bud i only asked as i used to test for carp co n they used to do a cranberry one n u cant really go rong with mainline ime tails up are pretty good as well their always looking for testers i did real well on his black magic!

@@*DJ*, you been out lately dude? Nice mild weather.

@CaptainBonglington no mate, had a few hours here and there with the marker, done a fair bit of pre baiting, been flicking in a k of cell, spread over 3 spots every 2 days-ish for a few weeks, not had chance to fish, its been a tad hectic here, iv not had time, when I did have a few planed days, my mates work changed from nights to days and fucked us, (he has the van) its been a proper pisser, iv no minded though, its no so bad wandering round smoking a few js, hopefully il cast a rod in anger early next week some time, fingers crossed,

dj..

Edited by *DJ*
1 person likes this

"Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted" is a saying I've heard in the past mate.

1 person likes this