Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sheriff of Nottingham

Dinafem Cheese, OG Kush, Blue Cheese & PAK

47 posts in this topic

@@Dinafem-Mark Thanks mate. I'll get out to the plot tomorrow afternoon to check on that OG Kush and to get some pics of her and my other late plant out Cheese and OG Kush that are about 2 weeks behind the early plant out ones. They will both run into November, but the late plant out OG stinks of petrol and looks totally different to the other. Interesting differences.

I smoked some of the Cheese tonight. Banging plant. Vigorous in growth, big in yield and strong in potency. Very different to the typical UK Cheese, this one tastes more fruity and has more of a soaring sativa high IMO. This Cheese is also stronger in potency than any I have had off the streets around here. Considering it's excellent mould resistance I have to give it a 10/10. Fantastic plant! I'll do some full strain reviews with nug pics in the coming days.

Also I have harvested the PAK and hung her up. I didn't get any pics because my bloody phone battery but I'll get some bud close ups of everything tomorrow, including the drying Cheese & PAK.

ATB

Our cheese is quite different than cheese as I know it but she is a great strain :) not exodus cheese but tastes great. I think that our cheese came via the USA so possibly picked up a few different traits :) a solid cheese strain and one I live to grow. The buds on ours are much denser and the end product has a super fruity taste but that's cheese :)

All the best

D-M.

1 person likes this

Dinafem OG Kush

gallery_99632_13489_181128.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_136146.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_257022.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_129614.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_272424.jpeg

I'm thinking another week for this OG Kush @@Dinafem-Mark...? The weather looks good for the next 7 days as the temps have stabilised again now, after dipping a bit in mid October. We had highs of 18C today and the overnight low is only going to be about 9-10C over the coming days. Sunny skies and no rain in the forecast either for the next 7 days, so she is definitely going until November 1st at least.

I also notice the OG Kush is taking on similar characteristics in late flower to the big Dinafem Cheese that was planted next to it. Like the buds and leaves have become quite similar looking to the Cheese over the past 10 days. I am thinking it is down to them both sharing the same environment such as soil, natural setting, weather etc...? Or do your OG Kush and Cheese strains share any parentage in their genetic make up? :g: Regardless, I am very impressed with these plants and the Dinafem genetics in general. Excellent mould resistance across the board with your strains.

Now for the late plant outs...

Dinafem Cheese (late plant out)

gallery_99632_13489_87281.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_315441.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_106721.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_110867.jpeg

Dinafem OG Kush (late plant out)

gallery_99632_13489_156131.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_236261.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_296018.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_498425.jpeg

They're looking a bit nitrogen and nutrient deficient in general, but I am chopping within the next 10-14 days at the latest, so no time to feed. They'll just have to ride it out, and they should be fine I think. Flowering might slow down a bit though :ermm: ...

PAK

First of all, I should say that I regretfully put this in a spot that receives minimal direct sunlight, as in only 3-4 hours direct a day, or when the sun is directly overhead, due to the fact it is north facing. I knew this when I planted but I took my chances. The plants and buds have grown okay, but I have got nowhere near to their full potential due to them not getting enough direct sunlight. Consequently this affected yield, THC coverage and the density of the buds, and besides the PAK, I had several other non-Dinafem strains that have had similar issues in this spot. Even still, the bud is obviously smokable and not that bad, and no mould at all still. I just wish I had it in full sunlight in order to obtain it's full potential.

These PAK buds were harvested on October 19th, but the bud shot is from today, after spending 7 days drying under the tarpaulin outdoors. She has dried considerably well actually but has now been moved indoors to complete the drying process. I took the best PAK buds home to dry and left the rest under the tarp. The shot below is from one of the outdoor dried PAK buds. It is already dry enough to crumble thanks to the dry breezy weather over the past week.

gallery_99632_13489_87090.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_340010.jpeg

I know I could have done so much better with this PAK. I did have another PAK which was a late plant out, yet it finished very early, around mid September, but I did not document it. That one was small due to poor prep and the late plant out, but she was very different looking and stunk of UK Cheese funny enough, but a much better smoke than any UK Cheese I have had. That particular PAK was very heavy hitting, like pure Indica knockout stone. I would definitely grow again and I know I can get her to gigantic proportions if I get her out in April next year.

Here is a couple of the Cheese buds that have been drying outdoors under the tarpaulin dry station for the past week. As you can see they have still retained their quality and have in fact dried a heck of a lot. They will be bought inside in the coming days to finish the drying process and I intend to cure some of it for at least a month. I will confess and say that I am already smoking it as it is plenty dry enough and does not taste of chlorophyll so it is good to go in my opinion. I will jar cure most of it though. This Cheese is a very strong smoke with a soaring Sativa high to begin with that morphs into a more relaxed Indica feeling after about half hour. Strong taste of blueberry/blackcurrent as well IMO. Smells fruity when burnt.

It probably could have done with a bit better a trim as well :rofl: but it still looks great!

gallery_99632_13489_316624.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_177655.jpeg

A delicious Dinafem Cheese spliff for the walk home (from the indoor dried bits)...

gallery_99632_13489_68242.jpeg

Peace :oldtoker:

5 people like this

Nice to be able to pack a joint like that and instead of being half a twenty bag its only a tiny part of the years harvest.Nice work this year,will be giving some dinafem strains a go next year!

2 people like this

That kush looks really strong, like the cheese too. nice mate.

2 people like this

Holy crap man, this is the 1st time i've ever seen pics of a proper cheese plant grown outdoor in the UK....i mean i've seen some back garden stuff, but this comes in like Northern Cali lol...
They look absolutely fantastic and that purpling is awesome.....can't believe the quality of it considering the weather we get here....i'd never of believed it....

3 people like this

Our cheese is quite different than cheese as I know it but she is a great strain :) not exodus cheese but tastes great. I think that our cheese came via the USA so possibly picked up a few different traits :) a solid cheese strain and one I live to grow. The buds on ours are much denser and the end product has a super fruity taste but that's cheese :)

All the best

D-M.

Any you guys familiar with the Kaliman strain ? How does it compare to Dinafem, in a positive way...I'm still looking for that holy grail of cheese strain...

2 people like this

Nice to be able to pack a joint like that and instead of being half a twenty bag its only a tiny part of the years harvest.Nice work this year,will be giving some dinafem strains a go next year!

Tell me about it mate. £20 only gets you 1.4g on the street these days around here, which is outrageous. Ditch the dealer I say. It's definitely the way forward and I will never go back now. These buds are better than the 'cheese' crap going around my area anyway. This stuff is definitely stronger and nicer tasting!

Holy crap man, this is the 1st time i've ever seen pics of a proper cheese plant grown outdoor in the UK....i mean i've seen some back garden stuff, but this comes in like Northern Cali lol...

They look absolutely fantastic and that purpling is awesome.....can't believe the quality of it considering the weather we get here....i'd never of believed it....

Yeah that Cheese really grew itself, great plant! This has been a very good, warm year though... so perhaps on another (cooler) year, they wouldn't have done so well. Even still, I would bet that any strain in Dinafem's catalogue would handle the UK outdoors well enough to give you a good return. It's obvious that Dinafem are working with strong, resilient genetics and selecting the strongest offspring when making stock, as to reinforce the strain over a series of generations. Therefore most strains are strong, vigorous and mould resistant, especially after a few years/generations of production.

Also, this Cheese is like nothing I have ever had before on the streets around here. It hasn't got the earthy/dirty taste or that boring, monotonous high that I have got used to with Cheese's. Maybe I haven't had the UK exodus Cheese or whatever it's called, but I'm sick of the Cheese around here. This Dinafem Cheese on the other hand is very fruity tasting, like blueberries, and more sativa than anything. Starts off with a very energetic high and slowly morphs into a relaxing Indica stone. No couchlock though. You could smoke this during the day fine. It's a lot better than the typical UK Cheese IMO.

4 people like this

happy harvesting @englisharcher beautiful work brother, enjoy.......

2 people like this

Any you guys familiar with the Kaliman strain ? How does it compare to Dinafem, in a positive way...I'm still looking for that holy grail of cheese strain...

Hello mate. I do know kaliman on a personal level and have grown his cheese#1 out quite a few times. It is very close to true uk cheese mate :) and now in fem form I believe :)

All the best

D-M.

2 people like this

Our cheese in my opinion is quite a bit stronger than "traditional " uk cheese/exodus cheese :) very fruity and a very psychotic high :) one of our most stinkiest strain and packs a punch :) I don't thing anyone who grows our cheese is disappointed in the end product :)

Now to @@English Archer great job mate. Some beautiful looking plants and some nice dry buds also :) Yes the pak could have done with more light but you will know this for next season and yes I think 5 more days then the og kush will definitely be ready for the chop. I must say I'm loving the purple hues put out by our og kush looks devine :)

Thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated and keep up the great work!

You really should have entered the outdoor grow thread competition mate as you've done a great job :oldtoker:

Until the next update

All the best

D-M.

2 people like this

Hello mate. I do know kaliman on a personal level and have grown his cheese#1 out quite a few times. It is very close to true uk cheese mate :) and now in fem form I believe :)

All the best

D-M.

How cool... i'm not sure if I read somewhere that its Spanish ???

definitely liking the sound of it

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks mate. It has actually been 6 days now since I took the most recent pics of the OG Kush, so I will be harvesting her tomorrow (Wednesday), exactly 7 days after the most recent pics. Everything should be fully cooked I'm thinking and I'll make sure I get a bunch of pics. Also, I'm not even going to risk outdoor drying for a second with this one... she's going straight into the shed with a fan and a heater! Those sugar coated OG buds are way too precious to be taking risks with! :rofl:

Since I didn't start this diary until 2-3 weeks ago, I didn't think it would be fair to put this in the diary comp section, since I have missed out all of veg, and most of flower, plus it wouldn't be fair on the other participants. But rest assured, I will be starting next year's diary nice and early come March 21st (spring equinox) and it's going to be a BIG one! Also, do you know what... fuck it... I'm definitely going to run a Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia outdoors next year. Over the past 48 hours I have set my heart on pulling off a Strawberry Amnesia for next season... I mean I have to try it... and I think it would actually do well, given that the Cheese & OG Kush have done fine. Hmmmm, Strawberry Amnesia. Yep, challenge accepted. :yes:

2 people like this

Dinafem OG Kush

gallery_99632_13489_286759.jpeg

The damn stupid autofocus and strong rays of sunlight made it hard to take close up pics without it appearing blurry... the pics below do not do the trichome coverage justice... I mean these buds, and the leaves, are absolutely caked in trichomes!...

gallery_99632_13489_472147.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_119020.jpeg

One of the smaller, lower branch nugs...

gallery_99632_13489_170143.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_68107.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_396889.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_60097.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_397169.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_454441.jpeg

A few after harvest shots...

gallery_99632_13489_90413.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_108258.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_219105.jpeg

Not bad at all, especially when you consider that she is an OG Kush, that has been grown outdoors, in the UK, and left to run into November!... In fact she has done absolutely phenomenal! I found two tiny specs of mould, affecting about 1% of the plant, which is literally nothing when you take into account that she has gone into November. She went about 60 days in total, and was pretty quick to flower to be fair, it was just that the flowering itself was a bit delayed/late... and started 2 weeks after the Dinafem Cheese that was germinated at the same time and planted next to her. Anyway, just like the Cheese, I have to give Dinafem a 10/10 on this one. Amazing genetics with THC trichomes everywhere and really good mould resistance! It has been a very good year though. It reached 21C on Monday and it was 18C today while I was trimming her up in the bright, hazy sunshine. Fantastic weather this year, hardly a drop of rain all season!

And here are the empty cages now that the Cheese & OG Kush have been chopped... those are 3-4 foot high cages as well which gives you a scale of how big the plants were, seeing as the cages aren't visible in the shots...

gallery_99632_13489_181858.jpeg

I also checked on the late plant out Cheese & OG Kush, and both seem to be chugging along fine. I found a little bit of mould on the Cheese on the main coala, so I removed it and chopped some of the top buds to take home since they almost looked done anyway. I'm probably going to let these late plant outs go another 5-7 days, weather depending...

gallery_99632_13489_280599.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_319930.jpeg

Late plant out Dinafem Cheese...

gallery_99632_13489_255965.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_124047.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_267192.jpeg

Late plant out Dinafem OG Kush...

gallery_99632_13489_25751.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_186525.jpeg

My season is now drawing to an end. It has gone well this year, but I know next season will be on a whole different level :yes:

ATB everyone! :oldtoker:

4 people like this

It won't let me edit the above post, but I wan't to post this pic as well which I took en-route to my Dinafem plants, not far from the plot...

Some lovely autumn colours!

gallery_99632_13489_480394.jpeg

2 people like this

Well what more can I say than "great outdoor grow mate" you've done our genetics proud and have got some really fine looking end product. The og kush has gone a very deep dark purple almost black in some parts and very pleased to hear that you rate our cheese so high :)

Really lived your thread mate and hopefully next season you will take part in the outdoor grow thread competition :)

Thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated and enjoy that end harvest mate :)

Until your next Dinafem endeavour :oldtoker:

All the best

D-M.

1 person likes this