Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sheriff of Nottingham

Dinafem Cheese, OG Kush, Blue Cheese & PAK

47 posts in this topic

Hi Mark, it's a bit late but here is a review/diary of this year's Dinafem grow. Unfortunately it does not feature any of my Dinafem autos from this year, but it does showcase some beautiful UK outdoor grown Dinafem plants...

Dinafem Cheese

gallery_99632_13489_242482.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_260097.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_26832.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_308757.jpeg

Side branch nugs...

gallery_99632_13489_276519.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_93531.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_280367.jpeg

I reckon there's 1 more week of flowering to go on the Cheese, would you agree? It looks like it is nearly ready.

OG Kush

gallery_99632_13489_191911.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_54657.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_336766.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_173820.jpeg

I'm thinking another 3 weeks maybe for this OG, possibly 2... weather depending...

PAK

gallery_99632_13489_106205.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_225175.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_172819.jpeg

I did run another PAK, but she isn't featured in this diary as I have already chopped her down (very early finishing) and she was quite small due to a late plant out and a lack of direct sunlight. She smelt exactly like UK Cheese though funny enough, but the leaves and buds were very purple in colour with orange hairs. Cracking smoke as well considering I stunted her. I can't wait to try the PAK in the pics above, although it looks like a different pheno to the other one. This particular one is 3-4 weeks later finishing than the other, but there's not a spec of mould yet so it's all good.

Blue Cheese (late plant out)

PurplePineberry01.jpg

Cheese (late plant out - July)

gallery_99632_13489_8888.jpeg

OG Kush (late plant out - July)

gallery_99632_13489_208435.jpeg

Groupshot...

gallery_99632_13489_189769.jpeg

If these plants were started in April, I am confident they would have been as big, if not bigger, than the others at the beginning of the post...

Edited by English Archer
11 people like this

Verry nice

2 people like this

Looks positively lovely

2 people like this

I can't believe the cheese have no mould to them and the og kush, nice one..

2 people like this

I can't believe the cheese have no mould to them and the og kush, nice one..

Yeah I know mate, I'm shocked as well... not a spec of mould on either of them and the Cheese is a good 7-8 weeks into flower now. This is a testament to how strong and mould resistant the Dinafem genetics are that the breeder is selecting & working with. They clearly choose stock for mould resistance as well as yield & potency. Female Seeds strains on the other hand have crap genetics and are subsequently mould prone, as I found out this year. But I can't say enough good things about Dinafem strains.

There's a lot of brown/orange hairs on the Cheese now so I think I'll chop midweek... what with the weather set to deteriorate in the coming days...

4 people like this

Yeah I know mate, I'm shocked as well... not a spec of mould on either of them and the Cheese is a good 7-8 weeks into flower now. This is a testament to how strong and mould resistant the Dinafem genetics are that the breeder is selecting & working with. They clearly choose stock for mould resistance as well as yield & potency. Female Seeds strains on the other hand have crap genetics and are subsequently mould prone, as I found out this year. But I can't say enough good things about Dinafem strains.

There's a lot of brown/orange hairs on the Cheese now so I think I'll chop midweek... what with the weather set to deteriorate in the coming days...

Sounds like she's almost ready mate nice work, I might try the cheese next year with the critical cheese too

2 people like this

Very very nice ;) ;)

2 people like this

Dinafem Cheese

gallery_99632_13489_239435.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_67370.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_234910.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_252290.jpeg

This Cheese is truly is a wonderful plant. I have only just noticed a few specs of mould appearing in random places as the buds are getting really compact now and she is nearly finished. It was only tiny bits so I could easily pinch it out. On the whole it has done very well against mould I think. It's a shame Mark isn't around so I can ask for advice on whether to chop her now pretty much or whether I should let her go another week at least maybe? I think I might just play it safe and harvest her in the coming days... she's starting to look ready...

Dinafem OG Kush

gallery_99632_13489_180910.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_146678.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_330113.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_124416.jpeg

An update on the other strains...

I didn't bother getting any more pics of the July late plant out OG Kush & Cheese as there hasn't been much difference since the last update and they are still about 2-3 weeks behind the early plant outs in terms of flowering. Proves that it is always better in my opinion to get plants out early. My early plant out Cheese is going to be ready by mid October whereas my late plant out Cheese will probably go until early November.

I have also chopped the 2 Blue Cheese's on a nighttime mission last night, although I did not get any snaps. Nice plant with good colour and smell. Yields weren't brilliant but they were late plant outs as well and didn't give them the best prep. Next year will be different... I will get all my Dinafem strains in the ground early, by May 1st, next year... so they can grow much bigger and start flowering earlier so they can consequently finish a few weeks earlier.

The PAK I have not checked on in about a week now and I probably won't go back again now until harvest as paths are forming with every visit, I have noticed. I will say that I am really impressed with the mould resistance on the PAK. I wasn't sure about this strain, but it hasn't got a single spec of mould yet and it is in week 6 of flower. Considering she is a compact Indica dominant Kush and the plot she is in really isn't great for moisture problems, it is quite impressive. I mean I have had awful problems with bud rot in this plot with it badly affecting my Female Seeds Company strains, but then again Female Seeds have inferior genetics to Dinafem, clearly. I have been very impressed with my Dinafem in general this year, but I give the PAK a 10/10 for mould resistance so far! I might not get out to her again now until harvest time which will be in about 10 days...

gallery_99632_13489_36031.jpeggallery_99632_13489_101532.jpeg

The 2 pics above are from some random bag seeds but I am pretty sure they came from a bag of Dinafem Dinachem. A mate had grown Dinachem indoors over the winter and gave me some, which happened to come with a few stray seeds. But I wasn't sure whether the seeds came form a hermie or a cross pollination with a different strain... so I initially left these plants out... but I figure I would include them anyway, just once, and I am going to refer to them as Dinachem :rofl:

Anyway, I'm loving the Dinafem gear this season! Lovely genetics and good customer service from one of my favourite breeders. I will be sure to start next year's diary much earlier, in the spring, and I can assure you it will put this current diary to shame...

Thanks Mark and tell the guys at Dinafem to keep up the good :oldtoker:

Edited by English Archer
8 people like this

I would chop the cheese on first sign of rot or mould mate, you'll be surprised how fast it spreads

4 people like this

I would chop the cheese on first sign of rot or mould mate, you'll be surprised how fast it spreads

Thanks mate. I'm going to chop her on the next visit which will be in just a few days...

2 people like this

I would be back there tomorrow incase it got to my other ladies, but hey ho u could be in luck

1 person likes this

I would be back there tomorrow incase it got to my other ladies, but hey ho u could be in luck

I'm not too concerned mate, I think they'll be fine going a few more days. I would say not even 0.5% was affected by mould. It was literally just a few tiny specs. But she will be chopped in the coming days anyway...

1 person likes this

Okay, so I have chopped the Cheese since my last update, which came down on October 18th. I didn't chop it all in one go, as I am letting some of the lower and more centralised buds go another week...

Unfortunately a thunderstorm was rolling in just as I arrived at the plot, and I wanted to harvest the plants while dry, so I cut what I needed without getting any final snaps. The pic below was the last I got of the Cheese before it was cut, which was taken 5 days before the harvest on 13th October.

gallery_99632_13489_239435.jpeg

This was the last bud shot I got of the Cheese a few days before harvest, but I will definitely be getting some much better DRIED bud shots up in the coming days...

gallery_99632_13489_67370.jpeg

And then after the heavens had opened up, there was a lovely rainbow which sort of made up for the fact I was now soaking wet! :rofl:

gallery_99632_13489_27472.jpeg

Thankfully I had got everything under cover in time before the rain got to it... most of that hanging up is the Cheese

gallery_99632_13489_322155.jpeg

And then the next day I went back to finish off the trimming and to collect some of the buds... it was quite an experience, trimming that big Dinafem Cheese, with such a beautiful backdrop. By sunset standards, that is about as good as I have ever seen it... :wub:

gallery_99632_13489_187960.jpeg

This OG Kush is getting very frosty now. The leaves are also turning real purple (like the Cheese) due to the altitude, as this plot is more than 200m above sea level. I have 3 other plots, all of which are around 40m above sea level, and none of the leaves on those plants have turned purple, so it is definitely due to the altitude.

Unfortunately this OG Kush didn't start flowering until early September, which is a bit late IMO, considering the Dinafem Cheese planted next to her, which was started at the exact same time, began flowering at least 2 weeks earlier than the OG. Ideally I want my outdoor photoperiods to be showing flowers by mid August, as was the case with the Cheese, Blue Cheese & PAK. I guess it might be the Chemdawg in the OG genetics which prolongs veg.

Anyway, this OG Kush is now in week 6/7 of flower and I will try to push her another 7-10 days. Do you have any idea how much longer she needs roughly @@Dinafem-Mark? Although it was late to flower, I really like this OG Kush though, and the buds look very nice, so I think next year I might try a Dinafem Critical Kush in hope that it will start flowering a bit earlier than the OG due to the Afghani/Indica genetics of the Critical+.

gallery_99632_13489_320060.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_270493.jpeg

This was taken about a week ago...

gallery_99632_13489_120026.jpeg

Below is the Purple Afghan Kush... she looks very, very different to my other PAK that finished about a month ago at another plot. I think environmental factors have played a part, given the different plots, plus this plot doesn't get as much direct sunlight... and it looks like this one is a different phenotype. Either way she smells phenomenal and has very good mould resistance IMO, as did the other PAK I ran. For compact Indicas, the PAK's are very resistance to moisture problems, at least compared to other 'outdoor' strains even.

gallery_99632_13489_110820.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_403571.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_340010.jpeg

Can't wait to get going with next year's diary now. It will be bigger and better, with an April start, not October as was the case this year :down:

Critical+2.0, Critical Kush, PAK & Blue Kush are all on the list... along with the XXL autos.. possibly a Purple Orange CBD as well... :yes:

Peace x

4 people like this

You've done a stellar job with our genetics outdoor mate very impressed is a understatement :)

The og kush is looking very close and in my opinion I would say 7 to 14 days maximum then she will be cooked :) You've managed to get some really beautiful colours coming through the strains and some very nice size buds :)

Really impressive outdoor endeavour :)

Thank you for all the beautiful shots mate much appreciated :)

Please keep us posted on how the og finishes up :) and what a great sight to trim up with :oldtoker:

All the best

D-M.

1 person likes this

@@Dinafem-Mark Thanks mate. I'll get out to the plot tomorrow afternoon to check on that OG Kush and to get some pics of her and my other late plant out Cheese and OG Kush that are about 2 weeks behind the early plant out ones. They will both run into November, but the late plant out OG stinks of petrol and looks totally different to the other. Interesting differences.

I smoked some of the Cheese tonight. Banging plant. Vigorous in growth, big in yield and strong in potency. Very different to the typical UK Cheese, this one tastes more fruity and has more of a soaring sativa high IMO. This Cheese is also stronger in potency than any I have had off the streets around here. Considering it's excellent mould resistance I have to give it a 10/10. Fantastic plant! I'll do some full strain reviews with nug pics in the coming days.

Also I have harvested the PAK and hung her up. I didn't get any pics because my bloody phone battery but I'll get some bud close ups of everything tomorrow, including the drying Cheese & PAK.

ATB

2 people like this