Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sw-home-growny

upgrading to 400w hps bit of advise please

hello again guys

decided to get a 400w hps for my 90x90x185 tent

currently got 4 autos in there under 250w hps

would it be okay to put 5-6 plants under the 400w hps ? in 11 liter pots proberly try aut again see if i get any mre than 1 oz a plant unelss you guys think 5-6 photo plants would be better yeild

thanks in advance guys

3 people like this

I got the same size tent. I have 2 photos in 12L pots....space is very tight man there is absolutely not a chance I could get three in there, not with the size I let them grow to anyway.

My last grow was about 4oz off one plant. If you can do the same with 2 you'd be getting more than what you would get with 5 or 6 with one oz.

Of course if you go photo it's gonna depend on how long you will let them veg, how big you'd like them to grow and other growing techniques like topping or LST.

I have never tried a sog method so I don't know for sure but I'd guess that one well looked after, trained and loved plant will produce more than a sog with 5 or 6. Maybe someone can correct me on that as I said I've never tried.

thanks dude for the help

Also @@sw-home-growny bear in mind that with the extra heat generated from the 400W you will have to monitor how this changes temps and humidity. This may require more air movement than you have now. How are the temps ATM? The environment inside your tent might be harder to control. Just something to be aware of mate.

Good luck with which ever way you go.

Col.

Also @@sw-home-growny bear in mind that with the extra heat generated from the 400W you will have to monitor how this changes temps and humidity. This may require more air movement than you have now. How are the temps ATM? The environment inside your tent might be harder to control. Just something to be aware of mate.

Good luck with which ever way you go.

Col.

Yes that's a good shout @@StonerCol. My last grow in that tent was 400w and at times the heat was just to much but with some playing around and moving the tent I now run at 660w with a max temp of 27c so it is possible but if not done rite the 400w will cook anything in that size space.

@@sw-home-growny

Well mate in my cab I've tended to put in 6 x 5 L pots and do ok (cab is 800 x 600 x 1500 mm) but in all honesty I would run bigger and less if I had the height to do it....in your case you have and I'd say run bigger pots, LST'd hard or a perhaps a screen if you're up for that, bare in mind the extraction points raised above too ;)

However I get away with running 400 W sodium in my cab if my intake temps are less than 20 degrees and I have found that with running my exhaust at 100 %, my temps raise around a degree to a degree and half for every 100 Watt of light used, if this is of any use to you :yep:

e2a

Exhaust is a 100mm ruck L1 on passive intake

Edited by botanics
3 people like this

yield vs number of plants is a misnomer .... its all dependant on pot size , amount of light / space etc ,,.... unless your doing SOG , its virtually irrelevant , one planrt can give the same or more than 6 in the same environment

3 people like this

Perhaps another approach is to think about how much quality weed you want to produce per grow and work backwards from there. Not sure what it is you want to achieve mate but lets say you want 6oz of good green per grow, then set your environment and plants up with that in mind. 6oz from 2 photos should be quite do-able I think.

Just having the desire to get as much weed from your setup at a time can cause confusion and muddy the waters IMO.

Cheers,

Col.

@@sw-home-growny

My space is the exact same dimensions as yours I currently have 4 photos in there in 11l pots the had a really decent veg (47 days iirc) but are a slow vegging strain (Purple Afghan Kush)

But they fill the space perfectly and I mean perfectly got the height maxed and the entire space filled you can check out the diary in my sig and the pics in my gallery.

My first grow with auto's I pulled 13.5oz from that space from 5 auto's and they were much smaller than these photos and judging by the looks of things I'm on track for 16oz this run so 4oz per plant that's with a 315w CMH with a 400w HPS you should be able to get roughly the same maybe a bit less

Hope that helps

NezA

in your space I'd go with either 6 plants in 6.5ltr pots & only do a bit of cropping/training on them to fill out or do 4 plants in the 11lte pots & learn

how to Fim plants from 4 to 5 nodes high & watch them fill out, I've done it that way myself for years with a 400w in a slightly bigger space with good results

& after I'd dialled in my tents enviroment temps my yields went through the roof :yes:

in general I averaged about 12 to 14 :magic: & my best ever was just over 17 :magic: but since then I switched to a 600w but then got into CMH as the specs

looked very impressive & the finished smoke is mind numbingly good :smokin: CMH is so good that I doubt I'll run my 600w HPS sunmasterFX again.

so I' suggest you get a 315w CMH set up if you can afford it, you wont be disapointed :yep:

1 person likes this

the light spectrum :yes:

cheers for all the reply guys gonna try 6 autos in there lst them a little see what happens

will let you all no how they do

got some red devil auto and thc bomb auto

1 person likes this

cheers for all the reply guys gonna try 6 autos in there lst them a little see what happens

will let you all no how they do

got some red devil auto and thc bomb auto

Good luck with it and let us know how it went.