Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

botanics

Bubba Kush CBD In the Night Garden

340 posts in this topic

@@BarrySHitPeas

Yeah the citrus was apparent earlier on in the bloom which matured and more or less dissapated by the finish and developed into the fruitier notes mate, Dinafem's blurb are bang on with regard to flavours, fruity on the inhale and also exhale with the final notes being very earthy, almost like dirt. There are subtle differences between the different plants but pretty consistent fair play, they do like plenty of N throughout I noticed too, more so than I've needed with recent strains run...will try and get that smoke report done over the weekend at some point too Barry...one thing's for certain, it's really good weed this and more than enough strength to put me away after a couple of spliffs worth which is no mean feat for me :yep:

3 people like this

Yeah I'm week 6/7 so plenty of time to change, Its just i didn't read anything about the citrus Orange esq aroma ,

Dont think i gave enough N in late veg and it caught up with it ,or dropped down the N to fast.

I look forward to the smoke report be interesting to see where the flavor aroma develop to what I'm smelling now, to final cured smoke.

Happy growing @@botanics

3 people like this

Update - Grow Evaluation and Smoke Report

Afternoon all, the conclusion then to this diary with a brief assessment of the grow and subsequent product report after a decent time in the jar :yep:

The Germination

On this front again Dinafem have come through but we did have one failure out of four which is nothing to grumble about really when dealing with nature but will have to knock off 2.5 points out of ten to score effectively and fairly.

7.5/10

The Seedlings

This is a little more difficult to assess due to the early issues I experienced with the mix which ultimately wiped out any chance of any serious quality of end product in my other plants, but it must be said that these Bubba Kush CBD began with a little suffering also, however when this was addressed they quickly responded and had the genetic depth required to aid recovery and indeed they did recover and grew from strength to strength so deserve the recognition for this quality.

9/10

Early to Mid Veg

Once the issues were addressed and medium stability achieved via a fresh pot up, a remarkedly improved pattern of growth and increased plant health became the result with them all recovering from their early troubles and all growing at a good rate without having to tailor specific feed formulas or such, they just got on with it and I noticed then as to how firm the main stem was becoming, thus telling me that these plants would have no issue with supporting their own buds.

10/10

Mid and Late Veg

As said above, once they put roots down on the pot up, these quickly picked up the pace and grew the canopy to accompany them which was Indica leaning and focused on main leaders 'khola' development as opposed to the Sativa side of bud formation with shoots all over the place, I tried the FIM but missed and just prior to this they had gotten a little cold which slowed them slightly so again as I expected being a Kush variety from Dinafem, the ability to cope with colder root temps was diminished below 20 C and my score does reflect this.  Internodal development was not too far apart, they stayed relatively tight and branching off increased with maturity.

The development of leaders was even and indeed I ran many more leaders per plant than I'd usually do with these plants, all were strong and capable of holding up their own without the need for excessive training or support so time consuming they were not

8/10

The Switch

I flipped these plants at just after seven weeks from germination if I remember correctly and they responded very quickly to the new light regime with them developing flowers quite soon after (internodal development had reached alternate on the mainstem but of course this was cut back in order to open the canopy and I ran with the side shoots and a little manipulation to even them up), the stretch was controllable, well I say controllable but in reality they were a dream on this front, no trouble at all, no gangly, airy fairy business or massive fan leaves on long petioles shading all but the tops.  Very Indica and good, solid stems that really did form an excellent canopy structure.

10/10

The Bloom

Well here's another example where I did cock up a bit and at one point early on (around the third week after the flip to twelves) I did leave the lamp on for a couple of hours too long and one did throw a tantrum and send out a few male flowers but the others no males flowers and coped with it, so due to that it must be noted that care with regard to stress managment from the grower should be observed with these, the male flowers however discontinued soon afterwards and normal female growth ensued after ensuring stress was kept to a minimum, however some pollen had got to some of the developing buds and resultantly there were some seeds found in the end product (not great in number like that of a a fully seeded out crop and fortunately it didn't halt or affect the plants from achieveing a Sinsemilla bloom)

The development of the flowers was very Indica and tight with rock hard development of the kholas and trichome count very good.  Aromas were strong and more citrus at first which developed into a 'fruitier' deeper smell and again it should be noted as to how accurate Dinafem are in their product description for these in aroma and more so flavour wise of which is bang on.  Those flavours after a cure being between a very fruity taste at first that on the exhale develops into a deep 'earthy' flavour (the most earthy taste I've experienced), yeah Dinafem have it nailed in their description. 

In the eye candy department also these Bubba Kush CBD are serious lookers with beautifull 'Autumn' colours on the plants as they reach maturity, trichomes tend to be smaller and there's more than enough on them to provide an excellent end result with all buds even in development and proportion.

7/10

The Smoke Report

Aromas & Flavours

Well, I'll start on this side of things with a continuation of the above regarding aromas and flavours and will reamphasise how accurate Dinafem's description are with these Bubba Kush CBD, it's rare to find a breeder bang on about their product and the usual route with any commercial enterprise is to always big up the product and indeed some out there duly make outlandish claims at times but Dinafem haven't done this with their description, they've been very fair and true to what these plants are and do, this deserves the credit for doing so and means that confidence can be taken in what is read.

10/10

Now the flavours are not that of the Blue Kush it must be said, nor did I expect them to be considering the genetic lineage, however these Bubba Kush have flavour in spades, there's some subtle variation between the plants but the predominant fruity notes on the inhale and extreme earth on the exhale is in abundance, the smoke is quite thick, with an edge of harshness when fresh (I gave these plants a long flush) but after a cure in the jar this mellows nicely

8/10

The Effects

The CBD element within these plants being noticable once again from my previous experience with Dinafem's higher CBD focused genetics has that element of taking the edge off the THC and an excellent balance has been achieved, bare in mind however that these plants get you stoned, very stoned too if you over indulge but that CBD content in the mix sorts any long and heavy comedown into a gentle transition withoud any 'weed over' however, once again I'll reiterate my personal findings on higher CBD plants with regards to depression.  In that regard it's not that helpfull, it smashes anxiety and really helps the mind settle into a linear thought pattern and so the 'knock down' that this Bubba Kush CBD delivers is really apt for that side of things but for an already knocked down personility I've found that they aid not and I've summarised through my observations that if experiencing those effects, a much more 'uppy' sativa based strain may be more appropriate, as always jar variation for different situations always being the best ploy for those using to help with managment of their cognitive thinking.

8/10

With regard to potentials of pain management well I can't really say as it's not my primary purpose of using and so noticed no effect, but the missus whom suffers with her back has relayed some important info on this to me and has described the product from these plants having the ability to not necissarily take pain away such as a traditional painkiller would but rather and due to the psychological effects pain is 'managed' to the point that the mind is taken away from concentrating on it and thus the effect is to diminish any importance placed upon that pain, so in turn by proxy I suppose the Bubba Kush CBD could be deemed very helpfull for the managment of pain but must not be confused with eradication of pain such as an opiate would do.

The missus says 10/10 with regard to this element.

The totals then as I have scored them

88.5/100 or 88.5% personal approval

And so that pretty much wraps up this diary but I must emphasise that anything contained within this final report is of course a matter of personal opinion and one man's 10 is another man's 6 or 7 however there's at least some base from where to go and in my personal opinion these Bubba Kush CBD from Dinafem are quality work that are not difficult to grow or manage in any space either large or small, they deliver with accuracy what Dinafem has written and I'd have no issue with growing them out again.

Thanks for all the support throughout the diary and until next time...

Thanks for watching :yep:

7 people like this

@botanics

What a professional and thorough summation of the grow and the strain mate, you've done this before havent you :)

Pleased your missus got such good relief from pain, the good thing is its sustainable whereas opiates arent really. So for peeps like me with everyday chronic pain we need a solution daily that doesnt render us zombies and these CBD strains are helpful in that regard :yep:

5 people like this

@botanics  great detailed report mate.

4 people like this

@Fragg @Jadenugs

Thanks gentlemen, don't know about doing it before Fragg but trying to up the proffessionalism contained within the diaries mate, get the info accross etc and the work that Dinafem have done with these Bubba Kush CBD really deserve it, they've gained a lot of respect with me since running a good few of their strains now and a breeder that can be trusted as you know mate ;)  The pain busting element with the CBD strains is an excellent way forward fair play and I'm glad that you are getting the benefits with them, the missus has nothing but the thumbs up for them too.

Nugs mate, I haven't forgotten your PO run either ;) just navigating the boards at the moment I'm finding a bit difficult :yep: and it takes me forever to view even just a couple of topics lol

4 people like this

@botanicsNo worries pal, I'm struggling to keep up with it myself lol They're down now anyway so I'll be updating with some final pics soon. All the best mate :)

4 people like this

What a great detailed end reports/summary this is a great way to end the thread and the end write up is full of valuable information. 

Thank you for dedication to this diary and for putting some much effort into the thread and getting as much info into your posts as possible :yep:

It is great to hear that your wife has found some relief from our bubba kush cbd this is great news and we need to find a way to get this info out as I believe this info needs to be shared so other sufferers can find some relief :)

Again thank you for the dedication and the detailed write up it means a lot :)

All the best 

Mark. 

3 people like this

@Dinafem-Mark

No worries bud, you're welcome, we gotta look after eachother us ganja fiends mate with the world the way it is and these beans clearly had the dedication, effort and resources put into them, yeah a return is needed in order to re invest of course but as a firm It's pretty clear to me where Dinafem are at really and thta's not just about filling pockets like so much of the world out there...we growers, this community, the breeders, the herb gotta keep it real man and promote proper human values, thanks for letting me run them Mark :yep:

2 people like this

Just now, botanics said:

@Dinafem-Mark

No worries bud, you're welcome, we gotta look after eachother us ganja fiends mate with the world the way it is and these beans clearly had the dedication, effort and resources put into them, yeah a return is needed in order to re invest of course but as a firm It's pretty clear to me where Dinafem are at really and thta's not just about filling pockets like so much of the world out there...we growers, this community, the breeders, the herb gotta keep it real man and promote proper human values, thanks for letting me run them Mark :yep:

We do mate it is one big family and one I'm very great full time be apart of. Some great members and all very helpful :)

Thanks again brother :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark. 

2 people like this