Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i11

Colloidal Silver for Human Health?

Hi all.

Few days ago I was looking up colloidal silver for plant based applications, knowing that folk use it to produce stamen on otherwise pistillate flowers. Grand, nothing to really get excited about there, learned the things I kind of expected to learn.

What I wasn't expecting was to learn that people all over the world are using colloidal silver as a topical skin application, to treat eye and ear infections and even outright drinking the stuff.

It's has really gotten me interested in the properties of colloidal silver, apparently it's claimed to be the greatest broad spectrum antibiotic on earth, with the power to also deactivate viruses (something no prescribed antibiotic can do). People seem to be using it for all sorts of ailments with claims of great success. You can make it yourself with a couple of silver rods or coins and a few batteries.

I dunno though, it all seems a bit woo woo to me, surely if it's as good as people claim then we'd be hearing a bit more about it, especially in light of recent reports that tell of the first strains of microbial human pathogens now resistant to every commercial antibiotic available..

I know that silver is used in water purification and bandages sometimes for its antibiotic properties and is considered non toxic, but really, drinking gallons of the stuff?

Anyone here actually ever treated any ailment with it and had results? I won't lie I'm half thinking about buying the gear to make some myself, apparently neither you nor your family will ever fall ill again lol

Thoughts please, cheers :v:

I believe it has benefits, just like, for example, aloe vera. But like aloe, seems to have some seeminly crazy unsubstantiated claims made about it, normally on Facebook.

Interested to hear from people who have practical experience :)

interesting thread , I looked into collidal silver and concluded it was bs , not saying I am right , that was just my conclusion ... if you think about it , it can only be used in a topical sense .... on the subject of anti-biotics in general , yes its worrying , BUT , German scientists have recently found a new family , based on snot ... really snot

yeah i spray cs on my eyes when they get irritated... its a ancient antibiotic

Haven't ever looked into it tbh but it all seems a bit Victorian era snake-oily to me...

Can't paste the text of this article I found after a cursory search on the subject as Im on my phone, but it mentions a condition called argyria which occurs as a result of colloidal silver build up: http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

The idea of introducing large amounts of base metals into the human system generally ain't a great idea! Think Lead poisoning...

Bollocks would I contemplate doing it personally.

Edited by Guerrillero

The blue man died a few years ago I think. He had a condition called argyria, caused by too much silver lol . Apparently only 500 people are ever reported to have turned blue in recorded history. I think Paul turned blue because he was drinking a pint a day for 14 years of a 350ppm silver solution he made himself. He made the mistake of adding salt to the water as an electrolyte to speed up the process. This resulted in pretty large molecules of silverchloride forming which all got stuck in the cells under the skin. Exposure to sunlight then oxidized the silver and he slowly turned blue lol. It's irreversible.

3 people like this

I heard the gentry used silver cutlery and crockery ,and they took in minute doses of silver turning their blood blue ,coining the name ''bluebloods'' . I also heard that it may have been an intentional way of preventing infection . Just theories I think .

2 people like this

I heard those two, and also a third one - that they inbred and didn't go out in the sun too often, which left them looking milky white with blue veins popping out everywhere. Maybe silver too lol

I read it was the thing to do too to in America before refrigeration to put a silver $ in the jug of milk as it kept fresh for longer also.

1 person likes this

i just built a CS generator, for trying to reverse sex, blah blah anyway.

i been spraying it on an infected abcess, and i think, it killed the infection, ...i think, the silver particles IF small enough, supposedly kill single cell organisms like bacterias, didn't read on....

anyway, last abcess, had to have extended antibiotics, this time, larger infection, no antibiotics....

draw from that, what you will,

(i may just be a moron)