Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sensi Grower

Is it too late for some autos?

High guys and gals :oldtoker:

I've had a successful harvest indoors a fair few times now.....outdoors not so much. Anything from it snowing in May, to nosey dog walkers and Police finding them, I'm yet to have a successful crop outdoors. But this year was going to be different! Yeah, was it fuck! Back in May I sowed 5 Nirvana Swiss Cheese which were started indoors under natural light. All was going very well but to cut a long story short they basically all got eaten by presumably deer or rabbits. :furious: Just my bloody luck.

So I've ordered some autos in a desperate attempt to get some smoke. 5 Kannabia Hobbit for their mould resistance and flowering time of 9 weeks and 3 Pyramid New York City, as according to Discreet seeds also have good mould resistance, were cheap as chips and flower in just 8 weeks. My theory was that these would be ready by late October like my Swiss Cheese (R.I.P) would be anyway. But now I'm worried that it's already August and I'll get bugger all from them. I was reluctant to the idea of autos in the first place let alone this late.

Should I just wake up to the fact that I've missed the boat and save the beans for a more likely harvest next year? Or do you think I should stop fannying about, invest in some chicken wire and give them a punt? I'm in the South of the UK by the way at lat 51. Unfortunately growing indoors is not a possibility for me anymore in my current housing situation. If it was I would have some Exodus Cheese in bloom as we speak!!!

Any advise on the matter would be much appreciated as outdoor growing isn't exactly my area of expertise.

Thanks,

Sensi

:yinyang:

Edited by Sensi Grower
1 person likes this

If growing indoors ain't possible no more, you may as well get planting outdoors mate, something's better than nothing!!

I'm sure you know your stuff, but check @@912GreenSkell and @@autodog to see how well they do Autos outdoors.

2 people like this

Thanks for your quick response @@teehee especially at 4:00AM!!! Yeah I'm thinking I'll just run them anyway and hope for the best. Something is indeed better than nothing!

I'll definitely be checking those guys out! :oldtoker:

Thanks,

Sensi

:yinyang:

2 people like this

Hey from cannada! Autos can certainly pull there own weight, especially if you give them an excellent indoor start to life. I like to hit them with 24 hours of light for the first 20-30 days in bigger airpots, and then plant them directly in the ground. Ive never tried the strains you got, but if you check out my journal in the grow diaries section, you might get some good tips to help whip up a nice harvest. Good luck to you

Edited by 912GreenSkell

especially at 4:00AM!!!

just after lunchtime for me Bro :upside:

Perfect outdoor growing conditions..... fertile volcanic soil, plenty of sunshine. Problem is we have these jumbo 'rabbits' that have big tails and bounce around on their huge back feet. Plus the land is teeming with Brown snakes and Red Bellied Blacks. Oh, and a Landlord that likes to play Tarzan when he comes over..... I have a plot in mind, it's perfect, but that bastard will find it for sure.

Edited by teehee
6 people like this

Hi just planted out my last auto, it was 4 weeks from seed. Good luck

I was still harvesting bud last December pall so there's time left 👍 hash bags at the ready though :yes:

2 people like this

I was still harvesting bud last December pall so there's time left hash bags at the ready though :yes:

Damn december!! Wow our climates are VERY different in autumn! I left one plant out last season until the latest date i have Ever left a plant out on Nove the 1st. Between Oct the 15th and Nov the 1st, she got snowed on 3 seperate times with one of the snows staying on the plant for over 2 full days.

Damn december!! Wow our climates are VERY different in autumn! I left one plant out last season until the latest date i have Ever left a plant out on Nove the 1st. Between Oct the 15th and Nov the 1st, she got snowed on 3 seperate times with one of the snows staying on the plant for over 2 full days.

Real snow in the southern uk used to be a fairly rare event,when i say snow i mean stuff that lies on the ground,we used to get a couple of flurries normally jan or feb,yet i have seen 3 feet fall in one day in ontario earlier this year,no contest weather wise,hotter summers,far colder winters,falls are nice both countries though.

1 person likes this

I have never made it passed November before mould claims my plants...

1 person likes this

@@912GreenSkell yeah she was a Nanda Devi m8, most hardy thing ever, seeds took 6 weeks to pop :eek: harvested my last plant on boxing day, had to chop through 50% sugar leaf to get to the bud, lovely lump of the sticky stuff from the cabbage though :yep:

5 people like this

@@912GreenSkell yeah she was a Nanda Devi m8, most hardy thing ever, seeds took 6 weeks to pop :eek: harvested my last plant on boxing day, had to chop through 50% sugar leaf to get to the bud, lovely lump of the sticky stuff from the cabbage though :yep:

Wow...what a trooper!! 6 weeks to pop!! Thats insane!

Thinkin on this...about 90 days + needed so it's worth a go if nothing else is cookin. A few grams is way better than none.I've got photo plants coming through in october, i hope, that's why I stopped doing more outdoor autos last week.

Hope they work for you