Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NMW

UFC

3,921 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, willowisp said:

The stand up though - did Woodley just hit faster and harder than Till anticipated?

I think the knockdown resulted from Till being too risky, over confident and not respecting Tyrone's speed, timing and intelligence when it comes to striking. He came in with a lead uppercut which is extremely risky. Because of the body parts and power involved in throwing that punch first, it's easier to see coming and leaves you almost completely exposed to a counter punch, particularly on the opposite side to your lead, which tends to drop with an uppercut (hence why it's nearly always normally thrown in combination or when the opponent is covering up). If you go back and look at Chuck Liddell vs Rashad Evans, you see Chuck do the exact same thing and nearly die (to quote DC)!

The fact that these guys striking styles are so different and the fact that we're seeing a southpaw vs orthodox also I think means these exchanges looked quite different and more awkward that they usually would, especially in the first when they're both feeling each other out and they haven't had chance to loosen up.

Tyrone expected it too and trained for Till to come in like he did. He gives his take on what happened in the press conference here, skip to 54:10

Sterling v Stamann. Two of the best upcoming mma/ufc fighters to come 

Big fan of MMA and the UFC since it started. At one stage a few years back I though they were trying to make it recognised as a legitimate sport. I woke up at 4:20 this morning, watched the co main eventer  and than the headliner and all that kicked off after the fight was over . I'm fuckin done , it boiled my piss yo no end, it's just a fuckin shambles , fuck Conor and fuck Khabib and all the Mongos who support them . Ruined it is , gone to absolute shit. There's videos up of drunk Irish spanners getting KO'd after the event. 

1 person likes this

Definitely a bad night for the ufc's reputation. Felt a bit for dana in the post match conference. Lost control of the situation. It has turned into a circus, with all the hype of the press conferences. Levels of disrespect between the fighters. I know its part of the game but i dont like all that shit that happened afterwards. be graceful losing or winning. All those Muppets fighting afterwards latch on to anything & are like football hooligans. Drunk bell ends who can't fight but get worked up over everything. Stay away from the sport. 

1 person likes this

was fun to watch though

4 people like this

I don't blame Khabib at all. His actions alone are understandeable. He represents a dying breed, honour, heart, you can't knock that. His teammates though - no excuses. Morons.

McGregor had it all, everything on his side. The bus incident,. the press bullshit, the weighin and faceoff, all encouraged and abetted by Dana, his whiskey plastered all over the entire cage, the canvas, biased refereeing by Herb Dean, constantly holding the cage, using his toes at time, holding the glove, even biased commentary "CONNOR'S CLIPPED HIM!!!" yet Khabib turned it all into a satisfying, one sided total demolition job, loved all of it.

Tony Ferguson though! Amazing fighter and surely mandatory against Khabib soon?

3 people like this