Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

S.A.F.

Canna Soil from Amazon

47 posts in this topic

Yesterday I ordered Canna from Amazon prime,at the checkout there is the option to have it delivered inside a box. I'll find out sometime today.

13 hours ago, JamJar said:

I order everything off amazon. I have prime and everything comes in huge amazon boxes nothing ever on show. 

But if the packer chooses to mess with you by not plain boxing it  you are royally screwed.

I have seen it with my own eyes.  All you can do is moan afterwards.

Edited by Bird

Last week I ordered Biobizz light mix off Amazon as I needed it next day. 

Something like £13 instead of the usual £7 I pay for similar Plagron Light Mix at the growshop, but it’s pretty far away now I moved.

An hour or two after ordering I thought I’d better get another 2 bags for the next pot up, so 3 bags ordered. 

Next day a DPD driver comes with 2 Amazon boxes and a bag of what he called “ganja growing soil”. 

.....”here’s your ganja growing soil mate, I was well excited when I picked this up this morning I thought YES GET IN I’m going to a ganja farm!” “Are those Amazon boxes yours as well?” 

So he didn’t know the 2 boxes had light mix in as well thankfully, still wasn’t the best. 

Told him the grow season starts soon and my chillis aren’t gonna germinate themselves :doh:

Edited by PureSmkr

19 minutes ago, Bird said:

But if the packer chooses to mess with you by not plain boxing it  you are royally screwed.

I have seen it with my own eyes.  All you can do is moan afterwards.

Doing ok so far.. been using Amazon Prime for around 5 years. We even do our food shopping now. Main reason being is it all comes packed in a Prime Cardboard box. Maybe you have ur delivery setting setup different.

I have mine so if no one is in, they will re deliver. They wont take it to the post office or give it to next door. 

Just my experience. If i was to get any items turn up unpacked id complain. You pay over £40 for prime for a reason.

JJ

Edit.

Ok so here u go.

Depending on the item, it may be dispatched to you in the manufacturer's box without additional Amazon packaging. The delivery labels are attached directly to the original box.

You can see whether an item is sent in its original packaging on the Product Detail Page. If you choose an item sold and dispatched by a Marketplace Seller please contact the Seller directly for questions about packaging.

If available for the item, you can mark "Ship in Amazon box" on the checkout page if you don't want to reveal the contents. If that option is selected the item will be dispatched in an Amazon.co.uk box at no additional cost.

Edited by JamJar
2 people like this

For me it was the same seller (Amazon EU) same product same day but 2 different orders, one boxed & one not so at the very least it’s inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Doing ok so far.. been using Amazon Prime for around 5 years. We even do our food shopping now. Main reason being is it all comes packed in a Prime Cardboard box. Maybe you have ur delivery setting setup different.

I have mine so if no one is in, they will re deliver. They wont take it to the post office or give it to next door. 

Just my experience. If i was to get any items turn up unpacked id complain. You pay over £40 for prime for a reason.

JJ

Edit.

Ok so here u go.

Depending on the item, it may be dispatched to you in the manufacturer's box without additional Amazon packaging. The delivery labels are attached directly to the original box.

You can see whether an item is sent in its original packaging on the Product Detail Page. If you choose an item sold and dispatched by a Marketplace Seller please contact the Seller directly for questions about packaging.

If available for the item, you can mark "Ship in Amazon box" on the checkout page if you don't want to reveal the contents. If that option is selected the item will be dispatched in an Amazon.co.uk box at no additional cost.

I thought I had altered my post but must have made a mistake.  I missed the Prime reference when I first read you post, which I think gives you some extra confidence.

I know the plain package option you refer to.  My point is that there are packers at who appear to like making mischief for growers by ignoring "ship in Amazon box" requests sometimes ime.  Be aware.

Edited by Bird
1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Bird said:

My point is that there are packers at who appear to like making mischief for growers by ignoring "ship in Amazon box" requests sometimes ime.  Be aware.

My delivery just arrived this minute. No damn box! TWATS!

1 person likes this

@Bird thanks for the heads up bro.

My misses has read thid thread and the first thing she said was.. it probably because we order tons of add on items off the amazon pantry everytime so maybe thats why ive had a 100% hitrate on boxes lol

1 person likes this

large.41BkX415jNL.jpg

i am looking at buying this BioBizz 50L All-Mix Potting Soil Bag has anyone tried it plz 

I've had a big bag of perlite arrive without any wrap or box from Amazon. I didn't like that at all.
(I do have a big veg garden and polytunnel visible from my front door though so it's not that big of a deal.)

I just buy cheap multipurpose compost from my local garden centre now, I get on fine with it. I add perlite and some other goodness like well rotted manure/ worm castings etc.

I ordered a new 150 x 500 filter, asked at the checkout for it to be boxed and it came in the original box.

Driver had a huge smile on his face.

1 person likes this

i was looking at buying the biobizz from amazon but wondered how it will be delivered was looking at buying two bags but after reading everyone's posts i think i will try a gardening centre lol

Having seen the inside and working of an amazon warehouse, the people packing your stuff don’t give a shit. Cause a big bag of compost can be awkward to pack if they can’t be bothered I’m not surprised they just bang a label on it. Also they’re working to hard to meet targets so it’s a choice of spending a while to bag that awkward bag of compost while you could box many easier items in the same time. 

They have pallets of the stuff contantly moving in and out, so it won’t have been sitting there long. 

Here's a reply to an email I sent to Amazon yesterday: It's Naresh from Amazon responding your email.

I understand your concern that this item was supposed to be dispatched to you in an Amazon box but it wasn't placed inside a box.

Please rest assured that we take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we’ll replace it free of charge.

In this case, I can confirm that this was caused due to error at the time of packing the parcel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate department for investigation. Strong customer feedback such as yours helps us to continue improving the selection and service we provide.

To help you at my best, I've requested a refund of £4.89 as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused.

When the refund is completed in our system, we'll send you an e-mail letting you know the date, amount and payment details. You can see information about completed refunds in ‘Your Account’ once you've received a confirmation e-mail from us. Once your refund has been completed by us, please allow your bank between 5-7 business days to process it.

We'll make sure that an investigation will be raised against the internal team in order to make sure that this type of incidents won't be repeated in future. We appreciate the time you have taken to highlight this matter.

Edited by ursus1000
1 person likes this

lollollol

They’ll probably track who packed it and give them a bollocking. Put it against their stats and make them do some training if they’re being arsey. 

Sets an an example for rest of the packers though 

1 person likes this