Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

S.A.F.

Canna Soil from Amazon

47 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has had any of the Canna soil from Amazon and could let me know what condition it came in? Was it riddled with bugs?

At 10.99 a bag with Prime delivery it seems like a good option to me considering the price of specific soils and one would assume it is kept indoors in a warehouse.

Local garden places here and the likes of Wilko and B&Q really dont care about infestation, why should they when they sell pest solutions. I dont want to pay 15-20 quid for a bag from hydro shop either they do like to have a laugh with their heavy goods handling fee's what a racket haha!

I'll only need the 1 bag(50L) every 6 months or so as i will be using 12 litres each run (2x 6L pots)

My mate ordered a bag of canna coco off of amazon. It arrived completely uncovered and with full CANNA packaging on display.. I thought he was gonna blow a blood vessel when he seen the amazon delivery bloke strutting up his path with it lol

10 people like this

Speedy reply Sid, doesn't sound encouraging haha!

I may have to take a slightly longer trip on the bike and have a look around for some decent small bags that will go in the paniers!

2 people like this

Still can't work out if you get a better service with Prime. But I've had a few bags of Canna soil from Amazon over the past few years, all of them came in big cardboard boxes, so nothing on display. Last one was in March though, so can't comment on whether they changed the packaging recently...

3 people like this

Cheers Bubs, I paid 59 quid for a year of Prime and Ive abused both Video and Music services and count the free next day delivery as a bonus.

It's interesting yours came in a box as I assumed it would like everything else does at Amazon, recycling services must love the company!

1 person likes this

This was last March, so bubs order was more recent.. I know because it was for an outdoor grow in his newly built greenhouse, and he bottled it after that :( I ended up inheriting the Coco and some seeds though so not all bad

I suppose it comes down to who packs it at the warehouse, we might have got a lazy sod that just whacked a label on the bag instead of doing it properly lol

2 people like this

I shouldn't be so paranoid about taking delivery of a bag of compost really as I said it'll be 1 bag twice a year at the most.

Can any of you comment of the quality?

1 person likes this

Yeah man, quality is alright, it's got enough nutrients for a good 4-5 weeks of veg. Perlite mixed in. Just didn't have enough home made to fill all my pots. :)

1 person likes this

Thanks Bubs

Ive used canna terra pro canna coco biobizz light mix and jacks magic. Although i liked all of these i prefered the canna terra. There wasnt any bugs.

1 person likes this

People order compost all the time and it normally comes in a box dont sweat it.

1 person likes this

I ordered a 100l bag of perlite the other week off amazon and it came wrapped in a blue bag

Stupidly ordered two bags of canna coco off Amazon, then the polish delivery dude walked up my path the other day with them uncovered and my son at the back asking me what they were for! FUck I'm still tripping over it. Then I got a bottle of cal mag the next day that my neighbour handed to me that came when I wasn't in. It was in a jiffy but there was a small hole in the bag. THE CUNTS BEEN LOOKING IN IT I JUST KEN. I'm paranoid.....

Edited by lennyd79
2 people like this

Stupidly ordered two bags of canna coco off Amazon, then the polish delivery dude walked up my path the other day with them and my son at the back asking me what they were for! FUck I'm still tripping over it. Then I got a bottle of cal mag the next day that my neighbour handed to me that came when I wasn't in. It was in a jiffy but there was a small hole in the bag. THE CUNTS BEEN LOOKING IN IT I JUST KEN. I'm paranoid.....

Exact same thing happened to me. Parked across the road then casually strolled over with a 50L bag. No more coco from Amazon I think :)

1 person likes this