Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joolz

Miso

just wondering if there any fans here ?

I bought some the other day to make soup and its blood delicious and supposed to be really good for you

3 people like this

Miso horny?

Love you long time lol

I get Miso paste online mate, better than the powdered shite you can buy in Tescos etc. Get wakame seaweed online too,lasts forever and goes well with the soup :yep:

6 people like this

I get Miso paste online mate, better than the powdered shite you can buy in Tescos etc. Get wakame seaweed online too,lasts forever and goes well with the soup :yep:

yeah i bought two pots of unpasteurised paste and some seaweed online

one pot is dark the other is light

just had a soup made with the dark one, some wakame and some fresh chopped spring onion :)

3 people like this

We use it all the time and have done for years.

It has probiotics i believe. Great instead of stock and it makes a lovely soup too.

Sometimes, late in the evening, i eat little bits of it straight out of the packet when i want that umami taste.

1 person likes this

Never tried or used Miso in cooking, however I have had Miso Soup on several occasions because I don't like the majority of Japanese food. Its all right IMO. Would use it I think if the situation / recipe called for it.

GV.

Edited by GreenVision

I like drinking it but haven't really thought about making any for a long time. Will have to give the paste a try. :)

Miso makes a fantastic base (add garlic, soy, chillies, paprika, sugar - I'm sure I've missed something) for the red pepper sauce used in Korean babimbap! Or, a spoonful of the paste in a cup of boiling water is great!!

You can get the paste in most Chinese supermarkets...

1 person likes this

Never tried or used Miso in cooking,

GV.

Oh, its great for making a rub/marinade for meat too :v:

1 person likes this

Mix with a bit of mirin and brush over over roasted veg - or roast an aubergine and cut in half then cross hatch and spread on and grill for a few mins.

2 people like this